Johnny Depp & Amber Heard #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But nothing to shut Turd up?

They do not have to. :)

Let her talk. The more she does it, the more she harms herself and turns even more people actively against her.
If they'd filed an injunction, it would have been exactly what Amber wanted. Firstly, attention and perhaps even more importantly, a chance for her to play an innocent victim who has been "silenced" and not allowed to speak "the truth".

Johnny's team will not let Johnny be dragged back into it, now that he has moved on.

And remember, how much Amber hated Johnny walking away and not engaging in a fight -- she must be absolutely furious now, she wanted to get an injunction against her, and/or she wants to be sued again. She wants to drag it out, she does not want to fade into insignificance, and become one of the "average people" or "randos"; this case is the only thing now that keeps her in the news. She is likely to do many more outrageous things but in doing so, she'll be digging her own grave much deeper. So the best thing the JD team can do is not give her time of day. Ben Chew stated that the team will respond if something is legally filed. (And ignore all else).

I also think it is awesome that if she wishes to drag out the appeal over many years, it will cost her half a million a year.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
That document is dated August 2021? I'm confused how this pertains to the appeal.
Not sure.
Maybe our Elaine has to request the documents, or something.

Supposedly the appeal with be filed next Friday.

Reactions: 1
That document is dated August 2021? I'm confused how this pertains to the appeal.
if you look closely at the top right of the paper there is a date of June 23 2022.

like Laura said
Amber Heard Appeal And so it begins-Appeal prep work Heard filing to update July 22,2021 Plea in Bar Hearing transcripts

Reactions: 4
Wonder who's gonna stump up the money to make the appeal happen?
I think she can appeal without paying all the money.

But if she wants to hold off paying the money to Johnny, she has to have it held by the Court or at least a broker has to put it up for her on the basis she’ll pay it back to them if she loses the appeal and has to pay it.

The Lawyer on popcorned plant thinks she’ll try and file for bankruptcy so she doesn’t have to pay.

Reactions: 3

But if she wants to hold off paying the money to Johnny, she has to have it held by the Court or at least a broker has to put it up for her on the basis she’ll pay it back to them if she loses the appeal and has to pay it.

The Lawyer on popcorned plant thinks she’ll try and file for bankruptcy so she doesn’t have to pay.

I watched that too last night I thought Melcher broke it all down really clearly.

Reactions: 1

If she appeals with incurring interest, the fee is $500.
Otherwise a bond has to be paid to the court to the amount of the damages.

I think that's right.

Reactions: 2

The law does not allow for it. The US Bankruptcy Code says that debts based on liability “for willful and malicious injury by the debtor to another entity or to property of another entity” are specifically excluded from the scope of the bankruptcy discharge. And as the jury found that Amber Heard had acted intentionally and with actual malice to cause harm to Johnny Depp, this means that the jury’s award of damages is likely not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Emily D. Baker explained it right away after the verdict came in. :)

Of course, she may try but she'll likely fail.

Take a look at this case (and the reasoning): https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...p-05008/pdf/USCOURTS-lawb-4_21-ap-05008-0.pdf

I understood that the judge specifically ruled yesterday that she cannot appeal without first posting a bond for the full amount (10.35 million USD) subject to 6% of yearly interest while the appeal is pending.
Elaine wanted to get a delay on the final verdict (11 July, I recall) to buy more time as the appeal 30-day (was it 30?) time slot starts from the final verdict date and the rumour goes that Amber is negotiating a book deal and hopes to get the money via that and needs more time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
She’s such an embarrassment, she just needs to accept that she’s been seen for what she is & move on. She knew exactly what she was doing when she wrote that op ed or put her name to it. Actions have consequences, she made her bed she can bleeping lay in it. I’m just so so over it.

Reactions: 14
For me it’s not even about the trial anymore it’s her behaviour post trial, she has no dignity whatsoever.

“I didn’t want this out in the public, I wanna move on” yet has her loony mates & deranged stans all over twitter & did a bizzare interview now a book. She’s flaky AF.

Did Eve leave the UK because it’s much harder to get sectioned in the US? It really doesn’t seem healthy.

Reactions: 12
I know this book deal has been banged about but it cannot be worth that much, surely! I mean Britneys was only 15mill and she's well liked. She's likely to have a few mill kicking about as well to put towards it but she has a lifestyle to maintain. If she appeals she's definitely had help for someone. It'll be interesting to see if Depp counter appeals, I think he will. Heard seems to be using the UK case as argument but the judge already said that was unfair and not relevant to this case. She'll love the attention an appeal will give, dinning out on it for the next couple of years.

Reactions: 7
Surely after the low ratings from her interview, a book deal won't be as lucrative as she'd be hoping for.

Reactions: 6
I know this book deal has been banged about but it cannot be worth that much, surely! I mean Britneys was only 15mill and she's well liked. She's likely to have a few mill kicking about as well to put towards it but she has a lifestyle to maintain. If she appeals she's definitely had help for someone. It'll be interesting to see if Depp counter appeals, I think he will. Heard seems to be using the UK case as argument but the judge already said that was unfair and not relevant to this case. She'll love the attention an appeal will give, dinning out on it for the next couple of years.
I think he’s going to appeal. His team lodged objections to yesterday’s ruling & the grounds seem sensible to me. Apparently judges elsewhere are already referencing the “agency” argument so for the sake of precedent it’s worth trying to overturn that count.

Best case scenario…she loses her appeal and he wins his. This would mean she ends up with duck all…except exhorbitant legal fees. And it serves her right.

Reactions: 14
aside from a dreadfully garish and design that looks like a 2 yr old with a barbie Fixation.. to me those slits around the collar look like minnies
It was more this - "Styled by Samantha McMillan."

I know she's a free-lance, and at time's is described as Amber's, Johnny's, and/or Evan Rachel Wood's (plus others) stylist...
It's Samantha McMillan that Amber is accused of writing a fake TSA letter on behalf of.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The law does not allow for it. The US Bankruptcy Code says that debts based on liability “for willful and malicious injury by the debtor to another entity or to property of another entity” are specifically excluded from the scope of the bankruptcy discharge. And as the jury found that Amber Heard had acted intentionally and with actual malice to cause harm to Johnny Depp, this means that the jury’s award of damages is likely not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Emily D. Baker explained it right away after the verdict came in. :)

Of course, she may try but she'll likely fail.

Take a look at this case (and the reasoning): https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...p-05008/pdf/USCOURTS-lawb-4_21-ap-05008-0.pdf

I understood that the judge specifically ruled yesterday that she cannot appeal without first posting a bond for the full amount (10.35 million USD) subject to 6% of yearly interest while the appeal is pending.
Elaine wanted to get a delay on the final verdict (11 July, I recall) to buy more time as the appeal 30-day (was it 30?) time slot starts from the final verdict date and the rumour goes that Amber is negotiating a book deal and hopes to get the money via that and needs more time.
Yes, I remember Emily saying that, but the Lawyer guy on popcorned planet seemed to think that that would be very unlikely to succeed and she would be allowed to become bankrupt. He said even drunk drivers get away with not being deemed wilful and malicious. Let's hope Emily is right and this guy is wrong.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.