Johnny Depp & Amber Heard #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
orgy of misogyny 😂 it's a great phrase i'll give 'em that

elon, what does he get data info gathering wise for twitter et al, from this case??

i do luv the aussies, they are a wild lot, they know all about what real bruises look like or not, more perjury woooof woooof

I agree, EB gotta be out soon. What/who next? Will AH run off with a london dept store owners son?
It doesn't appear this Eve person is wealthy, so you are right. Heard won't have the ability to sustain her lifestyle without work so will look to scamming another millionaire.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Nicholas Cage (good friend of Depp’s) burned through his fortune apparently, having been one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. He ended up sueing his business manager too and also had a huge unpaid tax bill. Cage was a completely reckless spender by most accounts.

the result was that he ended up doing a lot of mainstream movies that earned him money, but not the critics approval, accolades and awards he’d been receiving until that point.
He's a right old character isn't he, used to be married to Patty Arq AH supporter i fink, Turdle did a film with Cage back in 2010, same year she did one with Heather Graham and 'came out' - what a ride! (I've only gone and made a bloody time line innit!)

th-1315413462.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2
So not only have we Eve 'legendary journalist' Barlow on the case....

But now WaPo's doxxer-in-chief Taylor Lorenz.....

Not really sure what her point is, all media is biased, atleast with individuals we recognise that. I actually thought I was relatively well balanced, getting my news from a variety of sources in what I now know was a vain attempt at truth. Absolutely horrified to find out recently that one of the biggest UK news story's of 1995 has been utterly misreported for years. I'm not sure I'll ever believe anything in the papers again. Literally every paper has been complicit in putting a spin on this story and I'm gutted to find out there was far more to it. Now we see the same with this story, but for being able to follow the trial we'd all be questioning the jury's competence.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Do you think it possible it will become less hard to be heard if women too are now listening to the men who suffer the same? We hear ya, we hear each other....
No lol.
Because the perpetrators of male violence against women aren’t acting out against women because male victims of female violence haven’t been listened to.

as the article mentioned, we all thought Me Too was the beginning of the end of that era of abuse of women in Hollywood, but as misogynistic dialogue continues it would seem that Harvey Weinstein etc all were merely the sacrificial lambs as it were, to protect the status quo.

the men who suffer exist and deserve to be heard and seen and to be supported for sure, but their abuse exists in a different context to abuse against women. It’s like comparing apples to pears.

it’s worth noting that there are lots of examples of men also being victims of abuse of other men - see Brendan Fraser, who was a box office favourite in his youth until he was sexually assaulted allegedly, by the head of the HPA. Paltrow was Hollywood royalty practically when she was propositioned by Weinstein, being the daughter of Bruce Paltrow and Bryce Danner. She was dating another Hollywood heavyweight, Brad Pitt, at the time it happened. Being surrounded by powerful men still wasn’t enough to protect her - because ultimately Weinstein was more powerful than them.

the issue isn’t that men don’t get listened to - the issue is that men have the majority of the power, and wider social attitudes towards women still demean and devalue them unless they conform to very male-centric views of how they should look and behave. Even men who don’t conform to classic ideals on how men should be - aka male victims of domestic violence, are disbelieved. It’s still very much a misogynistic problem - not a misandrist one. It doesn’t stem from misandry and a hatred of men. It stems from Misogyny which refuses to accept and believe that men can exist outside of masculine ideals and that women can be more than delicate flowers capable of violence.

Reactions: 13
The change . org petition to remove Heard from Aquaman 2 hit 4.5 million yesterday and it is now set to 6 million. They spoke to the actor contracts in the trial, but in this case I'm unsure if they can actually remove her all together. Would it be wise as she would likely just go back and sue them?

Reactions: 3
It's gonna be ok Cee Bee for the old ways are passing and the old gits are dribbling into their aprons....change gonna come, just make sure you vet the women who take the seat well before they get their 15 mins. Harman liked PIE eaters etc.

I like to stay focussed on the positive me and imagine the old boys club drinking a final port, letting out a final fartlow and dropping dead as a dodo.

4fp6ly.jpg

The change . org petition to remove Heard from Aquaman 2 hit 4.5 million yesterday and it is now set to 6 million. They spoke to the actor contracts in the trial, but in this case I'm unsure if they can actually remove her all together. Would it be wise as she would likely just go back and sue them?
That's good, but a few more on this one would be really really really good. I cant link 'em here but search the title find it simples. And sign. They only need 15k and only need a few more k to hit goal. This one could make a right old stink right where it hurts.

Officially Review the Judicial misconduct of JUDGE NICOL in the Johnny Depp libel case.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Surely not TUG....
Say it ain't so....
A journalist lied?

And how would they know who theUmbrellaMan is.... (?)

Reactions: 6
Surely not TUG....
Say it ain't so....
A journalist lied?

And how would they know who theUmbrellaMan is.... (?)

TUG mentioned something about getting dox'd a few years back on that rambling live at the shops wiv da kids the other night I fell asleep to. Good community around him.

Then another community, tea coming outta Texassssss, I've not linked a reddit thread before but there are some texans tattling over there about Turdles early years..... gahh I'll be back in a bit just got distracted by the vid of Johnny cuddling a wolf thats doing the round from today, and need another brew, hooooowwwwwwwwllllllllllll!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Wasn't it reported that Amber and Johnny spent $40,000 a month on wine?
Mr White, Depp's accountant/business manager, said it went from $60k a month, to practically nothing when Amber, and her chums, had to pay her own bills.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Mr White, Depp's accountant/business manager, said it went from $60k a month, to practically nothing when Amber, and her chums, had to pay her own bills.
I wonder if she is still enjoying those $500 bottles of wine she used to drink :ROFLMAO:

I saw somewhere that at one point when she was with Johnny she was making roughly 10k a month yet her expenseses were closer to 60k

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
excellent article. Really nuanced, thought provoking and well written piece.

“We should know by now that the symmetry implied by that phrase [he said/she aaid] is an ideological fiction, that women who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault have a much harder time being listened to than their assailants. I don’t mean that women always tell the truth, that men are always guilty as charged, or that due process isn’t the bedrock of justice.”

“Misogyny isn’t the subtext of American political rage and social dysfunction; all too often, it’s the plain text.”
As far as I know proving a DV is supposed to be difficult. I mean, Amber is a great example of how people can fake a DV or rape case and went away with it. And this whole trial isn’t about which gender is the most oppressed and which other gender has the most power. This is about defamation, in which along the way, involves a man and a woman, and apparently a woman abused a man.

Amber lost the case but it should not be all about women will be having a harder time. Men will also have a harder time to prove that they were indeed victims of DV.

what is it about this whole gender narrative? Why should men and women fight each other in every single turn?

Reactions: 20
Judy setting the record straight that she wasn't partying with Depp.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
ooooops, look who i just bumped into down the shop, all i did was mutter turd under me breath

giphy-3731450045.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5
mis¡an¡drist
/miˈsandrist/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against men.
    "the counterpart to a misogynist is a misandrist"
adjective

1. relating to or characteristic of a misandrist.
    "the university is teaching misandrist lies"

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Well that's weird Dotty....

One minute the picture of an altar is there, complete with pentagram...
The next it's not....

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.