John Stones #33 waiting for news on Bae’s hammy but in the meantime just get in our fannies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to skive and say this as it's bothering me.

Not looking for headpats, just want to explain things a bit.

Certain things were always in the plans, i.e. Georgia was always going to be pregnant (it was never going to be bae's), but other things have happened that I didn't expect.

Originally John was still supposed to be a bit oblivious over his feelings for Beth at this point. They were not supposed to see each other when he had the head injury. Definitely were not going to have had sex. (Originally Beth would see him with a baby a few months down the line, presume it was his and fall into a pit of despair thinking 'that's that then').

The tangents I've gone off on (largely because I love them and I've wanted them to have these little bubbles of happiness for me to write) have been detrimental to John's character as now his actions don't really make sense and that makes me sad!

This is the danger of writing 'live' and not waiting until you're finished so you can change things that don't run true!

I was so really careful to stay away from melodrama with AON and I hate that this new curveball seems like FWB style drama.

I'm reading when I get home! Looking forward to it.
Ah okay, so what I was gonna say earlier was I had a feeling maybe the baby was John’s after all? (But I didn’t want to say and spoil for anyone else - then I realised why am I even saying anyway and potentially ruining the plot twist! I’m an idiot) it is very frustrating what he’s doing, but it is still keeping in character. He’s still abit of a fool and doesn’t think things through properly - and he is still a decent guy deep down. It’s a great curveball to throw in there and it’s not massively dramatic - would be more dramatic if it was his baby, or Beth’s. Please don’t worry at all - regardless of if it’s not quite where you thought it would be right now, it’s still amazing and you still have everyone hooked on them! 💙

Haha, have you still got the patio doors open??

dropped my first chapter of my DR book tonight on Wattpad and it has had some views so I'm a little bit pleased!!
I’m sure it’s been really well received lovely ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Certain things were always in the plans, i.e. Georgia was always going to be pregnant (it was never going to be bae's), but other things have happened that I didn't expect.

Originally John was still supposed to be a bit oblivious over his feelings for Beth at this point. They were not supposed to see each other when he had the head injury. Definitely were not going to have had sex. (Originally Beth would see him with a baby a few months down the line, presume it was his and fall into a pit of despair thinking 'that's that then').

The tangents I've gone off on (largely because I love them and I've wanted them to have these little bubbles of happiness for me to write) have been detrimental to John's character as now his actions don't really make sense and that makes me sad!

This is the danger of writing 'live' and not waiting until you're finished so you can change things that don't run true!

I was so really careful to stay away from melodrama with AON and I hate that this new curveball seems like FWB style drama.

Stories change and evolve as we write them, whether it's "live", as you said, or a finished story like Lou likes to write. All in all, you should write whatever you want to write, and in whichever order you feel is the best. Beth and Bae are endgame, and as the title of your story suggests, some things don't just end and never crop up again.

I don't know what FWB is like as a story, but it's definitely nowhere near your story, not ever. Your level is so high, your writing is so good - don't doubt yourself.

Thanks for your lovely replies, everyone. You all might be right that I'm not in the right mindset, or in any kind of creative space at the moment, but since the stress won't lessen in any way in the next weeks and months, it's either this flip flopping I keep annoying you with, or me giving up all together, which is really not what I would like to do. I adore writing, I enjoy my story, even if it doesn't go the way I want it to right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Honestly I can completely relate to you lovey! I had done this with another book and I ended up changing it to suit the readers and I wish I hadnt which is why I now won't write live as I'm too easily swayed (by myself as well)

To start off with its nothing like AON or the realms of FWB (none of your characters seem to be functioning alcoholics with the ability to sleep with everything that has a pulse. Your book is real - real drama, real life problems, not everything is sunshine and roses and it wouldnt always be that way!

I think when we set ourselves these timelines that this is going to happen then this then this and we dont write the characters or actions to suit that anymore we can become so hard on ourselves (believe me I have done this with my DR one at times) but that is what real life is, you aren't writing a fairytale and sometimes things occur that turn the direction of what you are writing!!

I dont think you have been detrimental to John's character at all, I think you have portrayed him as they John from the beginning of the book, one who wants to look after his friends and wants to support them as best he can, and also one that has been burnt by Beth as well many times over so he is obviously well within his right to ask her to wait for him as she has practically left him hanging numerous times too. Its the perfect example of a power couple relationship - with 2 characters who try to live up to the personas the world has set for them 'Football Star' and 'Managers Daughter' while being true to their actual personas of two hapless starcrossed lovers who can't find their right moment

The best love stories overcome obstacles and to be completely honest if you had made it all perfect dates and loving embraces it wouldnt be true or authentic to the two characters you have created!

For someone who doesnt like change I know how it feels to get a sense of FOMO for the story you originally envisaged but this story is believable and real and if you really feel the need to adapt it as such you can always use the power of a throwback chapter where you can tie up anything you think you need to, but for me, I think their story and what we know about it is perfect as it is!

Ah thanks lovey! don't get your hopes up its like YA trash but I kinda love it!

Nah, I shouted at him. He was like “it was Smokey from the burgers”

fyi… best chips I’ve ever made
View attachment 1616981

I need to get on wattpad!!! Although DR isn’t my fave, but I love your writing!

I hope this has not come about due to my dramatic “I mad” speech because I do genuinely mean it in a 10 things I hate about you way…
I’m mad because I love it (but hate it) because I just think they’re MFEO.

you have every right to change your story, and don’t justify it.
I do love it.
And I have not read FWB and don’t think anything you’ve shared about it is anything like NRO.
OMG your dinner looks soooo yummy!!

Ah thank you lovey! I have said I wont be offended if you all want to imagine its Bae ha!

Ah okay, so what I was gonna say earlier was I had a feeling maybe the baby was John’s after all? (But I didn’t want to say and spoil for anyone else - then I realised why am I even saying anyway and potentially ruining the plot twist! I’m an idiot) it is very frustrating what he’s doing, but it is still keeping in character. He’s still abit of a fool and doesn’t think things through properly - and he is still a decent guy deep down. It’s a great curveball to throw in there and it’s not massively dramatic - would be more dramatic if it was his baby, or Beth’s. Please don’t worry at all - regardless of if it’s not quite where you thought it would be right now, it’s still amazing and you still have everyone hooked on them! 💙

So far so good with my little Wattpadders!! :) Its nice to finally have it up!!❤

• Heart
Honestly I can completely relate to you lovey! I had done this with another book and I ended up changing it to suit the readers and I wish I hadnt which is why I now won't write live as I'm too easily swayed (by myself as well)

To start off with its nothing like AON or the realms of FWB (none of your characters seem to be functioning alcoholics with the ability to sleep with everything that has a pulse. Your book is real - real drama, real life problems, not everything is sunshine and roses and it wouldnt always be that way!

I think when we set ourselves these timelines that this is going to happen then this then this and we dont write the characters or actions to suit that anymore we can become so hard on ourselves (believe me I have done this with my DR one at times) but that is what real life is, you aren't writing a fairytale and sometimes things occur that turn the direction of what you are writing!!

I dont think you have been detrimental to John's character at all, I think you have portrayed him as they John from the beginning of the book, one who wants to look after his friends and wants to support them as best he can, and also one that has been burnt by Beth as well many times over so he is obviously well within his right to ask her to wait for him as she has practically left him hanging numerous times too. Its the perfect example of a power couple relationship - with 2 characters who try to live up to the personas the world has set for them 'Football Star' and 'Managers Daughter' while being true to their actual personas of two hapless starcrossed lovers who can't find their right moment

The best love stories overcome obstacles and to be completely honest if you had made it all perfect dates and loving embraces it wouldnt be true or authentic to the two characters you have created!

For someone who doesnt like change I know how it feels to get a sense of FOMO for the story you originally envisaged but this story is believable and real and if you really feel the need to adapt it as such you can always use the power of a throwback chapter where you can tie up anything you think you need to, but for me, I think their story and what we know about it is perfect as it is!

Ah thank you lovey! I have said I wont be offended if you all want to imagine its Bae ha!

So far so good with my little Wattpadders!! :) Its nice to finally have it up!!❤
You articulated this so much better than I could! And I just love how much you “get” all the stories, you see things that others don’t and are so observant and insightful with everything ❤ I’m sure your stuff on Wattpad is so great too!
Also I’ve never read FWB, I don’t think I could dare to delve into that by the sounds of it 😂

Stories change and evolve as we write them, whether it's "live", as you said, or a finished story like Lou likes to write. All in all, you should write whatever you want to write, and in whichever order you feel is the best. Beth and Bae are endgame, and as the title of your story suggests, some things don't just end and never crop up again.

I don't know what FWB is like as a story, but it's definitely nowhere near your story, not ever. Your level is so high, your writing is so good - don't doubt yourself.

Thanks for your lovely replies, everyone. You all might be right that I'm not in the right mindset, or in any kind of creative space at the moment, but since the stress won't lessen in any way in the next weeks and months, it's either this flip flopping I keep annoying you with, or me giving up all together, which is really not what I would like to do. I adore writing, I enjoy my story, even if it doesn't go the way I want it to right now.
Just do it as and when you want. Don’t worry about us 💙 do it for you and because you enjoy it. You’ll get your groove back with it soon I’m sure, you’re so talented and have such a way with words, it’s all in there but don’t force it out, especially when you have so much else going on at the moment too

• Heart
Nah, I shouted at him. He was like “it was Smokey from the burgers”

fyi… best chips I’ve ever made
View attachment 1616981

I need to get on wattpad!!! Although DR isn’t my fave, but I love your writing!

I hope this has not come about due to my dramatic “I mad” speech because I do genuinely mean it in a 10 things I hate about you way…
I’m mad because I love it (but hate it) because I just think they’re MFEO.

you have every right to change your story, and don’t justify it.
I do love it.
And I have not read FWB and don’t think anything you’ve shared about it is anything like NRO.
Nooooo not because of you. I knew when I posted last chapter this was coming next and have been sad about it all holibobs!

Thank you! I am so happy you love it. I might love Beth more than I love Aimee and I think maybe bae does too.

Thank you ❤ i just wanted to defend my fictional bae because he's taking a pounding and it's my fault not his!

It would be heartbreaking for them both if that baby turned out to be his 😭

Thanks for your lovely replies, everyone. You all might be right that I'm not in the right mindset, or in any kind of creative space at the moment, but since the stress won't lessen in any way in the next weeks and months, it's either this flip flopping I annoy you with, or me giving up all together, which is really not what I would like to do.
Thank you 🥰 I always appreciate your honesty. I'm just a bit frustrated that I am very proud of AON and this one seems a bit immature (?) in comparison. I know I could probably do better but I need to remember this is all a bit of fun and noone is judging my writing.

John should still be very much into Georgia but that just wasn't how things evolved when I was writing. He was just too drawn to Beth.

P.S. please don't give up.

You are so insightful and amazing! I will reply properly soon! Because I am SO terribly behind on work.

Love you all xxx

• Heart
You articulated this so much better than I could! And I just love how much you “get” all the stories, you see things that others don’t and are so observant and insightful with everything ❤ I’m sure your stuff on Wattpad is so great too!
Also I’ve never read FWB, I don’t think I could dare to delve into that by the sounds of it 😂

Just do it as and when you want. Don’t worry about us 💙 do it for you and because you enjoy it. You’ll get your groove back with it soon I’m sure, you’re so talented and have such a way with words, it’s all in there but don’t force it out, especially when you have so much else going on at the moment too
Ah thank you lovey!! ❤I just find when I read a story I want to picture the characters and when I'm hooked then I end up rambling on about it!! I'm sorry @mimimithis but your stories will be bombarded with comments soon as its next on my list!!!

My wattpad stuff is mainly like my 'just a boy from barnsley' one-shots and some fluffy stuff like that, I also have another story on their but its not my finest and was one of the first things! But yeah I hope to think that my wattpad readers like my stuff ha!

FWB (Friends with Benefits - DR Fic) and UIL (Unlucky In London) are from some writer on Wattpad, they are a whole vibe 😂

• Heart
@cobette don’t take offence, but I think Beth is my fave because essentially, I think she is me 🤣 I feel like we are the same, highly strung at times, but like to pretend we’re cool and chilled, but just want to be loved

• Heart
@cobette don’t take offence, but I think Beth is my fave because essentially, I think she is me 🤣 I feel like we are the same, highly strung at times, but like to pretend we’re cool and chilled, but just want to be loved
Beth is my favourite too!! I just love her! She acts so unreasonable at times but she has such valid reasons for it and I can definitely relate to that!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@cobette I'm happy Georgia didn't happen in any significant way. As they grew, they definitely grew apart, and it becomes apparent the longer your story goes on. I'm wondering what them living together, and especially with a baby (eventually) will be like.

AON has present time Bae, a grown man who's been shaped by his successes and mistakes, and an adult woman who is very much her own person. Bae and Beth met, when they were still so very young, and even though they've been vibing since the beginning, they have had to grow, a lot, and in different ways. It's pretty amazing that we're seeing them now, 5 years down the line and so many things have changed already. ❤

Right now, I'm just writing some dialogue - I'll write the story around it, when I'm in less of a strop. I hope to fight my way out of it, too, I don't like being so moody and needy. It doesn't sit well with me.

@Starttheline If you do eventually read my story don't give up, because the first chapter doesn't read so well...🥺 I'll have to rewrite it eventually. The story evolves with each chapter, I feel...

• Heart
I’m embarrassingly behind on all of your fics but trust me when I say: I love them all. ❤

• Heart
I'm off to bed - good night everyone! See you tomorrow, and perhaps in a new thread?

Love you all (and your stories, and your ideas, and your creative minds, and your comments and... everything)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm off to bed - good night everyone! See you tomorrow, and perhaps in a new thread?

Love you all (and your stories, and your ideas, and your creative minds, and your comments and... everything)
Good night, lovely! ❤ See you tomorrow and fingers crossed for no calls for you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Good night lovey! Hope you get a goodnights sleep! Lots of love! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.