Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WylieWyles

VIP Member
Omg we have it!
I've been catching up on the thread and planned to tell you that you probably get USA in your room but of course @Just Drive is on top of things!

And I love all the pics! Magic Kingdom is my favorite!!! (Says the person who has only been 3 times, in 1995, 1998, and 2019. 🤪)

Spent all day WFH and speed-packing for my 9 days at the beach, then left at 6pm for the 3 hour drive. Finally got here, unpacked, saw a red half moon rising over the ocean.

About to sleep for 6 hours, watch some footy, then nap/read at the pool or maybe the beach, not sure yet. Got to catch-up on lots of fics! I also started re-reading Parachute for next week.

Earlier tonight I was thinking about what sorts of new, inspiring flirtatious content we might get from this England camp, but for J + J it almost feels less... I dunno, special? urgent? precious? now that they're together all the time. They've lost that NRE. Miss you, JP. 😥 And Hendo.

20220709_205801.jpg

About 15 min into the trip on a 2 lane single carriageway highway (speed limit is 55mph), I very very nearly had a head-on collision. With both of us going 60+ mph, death or very serious injury would probably have been likely if they had actually hit me. I was slightly to the outside of my lane (away from the centerline - almost wrote CL out of habit) but I was watching my rear view mirror because the car behind me was getting pretty close (even though I was going 7 mph over). That's why I saw the oncoming car swerve OUT AND AWAY from me as they crossed back out from the centerline into their lane just after they passed me, and then onto the shoulder fishtailing and nearly losing control.

It happened so fast that it didn't even really register to scare me (though it did in retrospect). My life did not flash before my eyes. Probably scared the driver behind me a lot more - they slowed down immediately.

Anyway, the rest of the trip was fine and I'm glad I didn't get to test out Subaru's excellent safety ratings today.

Hope everyone has a lovely morning! Time to sleep, finally! 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 3

cobette

VIP Member
It looks amazing 🤩 So is this one of the All Star hotels? Hope you have a great day and the weather gets better.
Yeh it's All Star Music but they are interchangable. If you were going for a Value though I'd go for Pop as they have the refurbed rooms but the benefit of the Skyliner too.

• Heart

cobette

VIP Member
I’m sorry the weather is so crap. So mum flies home after tomorrow and then it’s just you and RLF the rest of the time?
She is going to stay with her aunt on Monday for the week! She'll be back the day before we fly home.

• Heart

lou_claire91

VIP Member
this was day 1 of rain… it went on for another 5 days
View attachment 1578386

Just text RLF to ask where he was as he went the gym ages ago… I’m preparing our lunches for the next two days…
View attachment 1578396

he’s at McDonald’s 🤦🏻‍♀️
Oh great 🤣🤣🤣 well you have like 4 days to get all the crazy weather out of the way before I get there!!

That is massively unfair … first Liverpool score now this … 🤣

• Heart
  • Wow
It must have been the high of the goal, got us both excited 😂

I think I need to understand more about his tattoos. I've been so focused on the grandparents on his leg that I've never really noticed the butterfly before
Did you get some last night too?! 😏😏

The butterfly is knew so you can forgive yourself for not noticing it

i absolutely love butterflies 🦋 so I think him & I are meant to be 💗

• Heart
Yep! Was renewed for a second season immediately. ALSO they're together in real life, they hooked up on the show
omg when is it going to be released. I need to know what happens. I means it’s pretty obvious but stI’ll. no way in her current mental state will she just be able to shag him once and go back to her husband NO WAY

• Heart
  • Haha

Just Drive

VIP Member
Evening darlings.

What a beautiful array of bae and pet and Disney pictures to come home to. 😍 Love them all.

More of the same really. Am in a real funk. Each day sleeping less, eating less, drinking less. Like all my needs are dialled right down to zero. (Don't worry, am with family tomorrow so will eat and drink more in order to pretend brain not crashing to a halt.)

But, got out of bed. Went to work. No major dramas.

And went out after work. Really didn't want to but it was leaving drinks for someone I really like and respect and I couldn't not go, I'd have felt terrible.

So I went. Stayed off the alcohol as I know with my mood as it is the hangover would be apocalyptic. Managed to chat a bit with people and not just spend all night staring at walls and wanting to cry. Exhausted now but was the right decision I think.

Yes, work crush was there. He was a bit drunk. Not parade!bae drunk but a bit rambly. Thought I might get the ick when I saw him drop a beer mat and struggle to pick it up. Then he told someone I'm his favourite member of my team, and his leg brushed mine beneath the table, and all was forgiven.

Am hoping the doctor's surgery I need to move to is open on Monday, and that I can raise the energy to go there and register. Even if I don't make an appointment then. Just knowing I can if I need to and I don't have to do the registering and appointmenting all together.

If it's not open I don't know when I'll be able to go. They're only open when I'm at work.

I know it just goes antidepressants - feel good for a few weeks - go mental - stop taking them - be wobbly for a whole - eventually end up right back here.

But those good few weeks are looking awfully tempting right now.
I am glad you had a nice time at drinks and the bit about Work Crush made my day. I hope you can visit the surgery. Certainly your employer allows time off for medical appointments? :(

• Heart
I like a good raspberry jam.

When I was pregnant, my craving was toast and butter, but specifically, premium salted butter. Couldn't get enough.
It’s gotta be seedless. I like Strawberry too. I really like croissants with jam and butter in 😊. I loooove toast & butter. It’s so good. Especially with a cup of tea ☕

• Heart

Violetroselily

VIP Member
The initial shoulder injury seems to have been a dislocation, which can leave horrible damage to ligaments and the rotator cuff tendons, as well as the labrum, which helps hold the humeral head in its glenoid socket.

The next bit is pure speculation, so please take it with a pinch of salt.

We see similar injuries in our hospital quite often, and the results of conservative and surgical treatment.

If he didn't go for the surgery in the first place, then there probably wasn't a significant labral tear or tendon tear, most likely ligament damage and/or partial tendon damage. The resulting healing could have left the shoulder vulnerable to another dislocation, or subluxation, at least, as well as a higher risk for re-injury. It might have gotten to the point where he needs surgical intervention to tighten the tendons or pin them back into place properly to stabilise the whole joint, so it can heal properly once and for all.

All in all, it's a harsh blow, and with 8 weeks to go to the WC, it's not that much time to actually recover. I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery, at best it's just a small thing that can be fixed, and he'll be back by mid October.
Would it be the pain thats stopping him from playing, or risk of further injury (or both)? Like you read about footballers playing with broken ribs, I assume upper body injuries wouldn't automatically prevent you from playing, even if ill advised?

Also does this promote bae to second choice CDM 😳

• Heart