John Stones #21 Game on! It’s his time to play, though not with us we are sad to say

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dick!!! that’s so annoying!!

I’m allergic 🤣🤣

have you ever tried any medication before? Just asking out of interest - not to advise
So, the only time I spoke to a doctor about my insomnia was a time when I was also kind of insane.

You say, "I can't sleep" and they say, "how's your mood?" and then you open a whole can of worms.

So I've never taken anything specifically for my sleep other than over the counter stuff (worked a bit the first couple of times I tried them, no use since then). Because the approach was that the sleep stuff was a symptom of the mood stuff, so would be fixed by fixing that.

Went through 3 or 4 different antipsychotics back in the day, all of them to some extent made me sleep, but also all of them made me feel like I didn't exist to some extent. Basically they knocked me out but I wasn't ever properly rested.

Tried a couple of antidepressants too to counteract the effects of the antipsychotics but they absolutely killed my sleep. (Once stayed awake for 5 days. Also kind of believed I was a spy.)

So when I gave up on psychiatric drugs I kind of by extension gave up on medical help for my sleep.

I'm thankfully much less mad than I was back then, but unfortunately am still very much a terrible sleeper.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So, the only time I spoke to a doctor about my insomnia was a time when I was also kind of insane.

You say, "I can't sleep" and they say, "how's your mood?" and then you open a whole can of worms.

So I've never taken anything specifically for my sleep other than over the counter stuff (worked a bit the first couple of times I tried them, no use since then). Because the approach was that the sleep stuff was a symptom of the mood stuff, so would be fixed by fixing that.

Went through 3 or 4 different antipsychotics back in the day, all of them to some extent made me sleep, but also all of them made me feel like I didn't exist to some extent. Basically they knocked me out but I wasn't ever properly rested.

Tried a couple of antidepressants too to counteract the effects of the antipsychotics but they absolutely killed my sleep. (Once stayed awake for 5 days. Also kind of believed I was a spy.)

So when I gave up on psychiatric drugs I kind of by extension gave up on medical help for my sleep.

I'm thankfully much less mad than I was back then, but unfortunately am still very much a terrible sleeper.
that makes sense. A lot of the people I work with need the supportive meds like zopiclone or promethazine to go alongside their antipsychotics or mood stabilisers. It’s hard because the antipsychotics can be so sedative as it is, but don’t necessarily help you sleep, just make you feel lethargic.
We try to promote better sleep hygiene, but essentially by the time someone gets to me, they just need to sleep, and I imagine you’ve tried everything you can.

You'd lose bae to @Just Drive the second he walks the blue carpet anyway. He'll be all over the accent.
Yeah, the cool American accent definitely trumps my half scouse/ half geordie, some times Cumbrian accent 🤣

Tickets are still available… :)
stop being an enabler..

i need to make sure I have somewhere to live. If I Nick off to Manchester he’d kick me out 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You'd lose bae to @Just Drive the second he walks the blue carpet anyway. He'll be all over the accent.
that makes sense. A lot of the people I work with need the supportive meds like zopiclone or promethazine to go alongside their antipsychotics or mood stabilisers. It’s hard because the antipsychotics can be so sedative as it is, but don’t necessarily help you sleep, just make you feel lethargic.
We try to promote better sleep hygiene, but essentially by the time someone gets to me, they just need to sleep, and I imagine you’ve tried everything you can.

Yeah, the cool American accent definitely trumps my half scouse/ half geordie, some times Cumbrian accent 🤣

stop being an enabler..

i need to make sure I have somewhere to live. If I Nick off to Manchester he’d kick me out 🤣
🤣 Nah, your RLF would hear my ear-meltingly stereotypical California shite and go running back to your civilized one!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.