John Stones #12 Come on bae, stop hibernating - we need new pics, we're salivating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have always wanted to ask what RLF stands for

Is it Real Life Fella
Yes, it was coined by someone in the JG thread and is now the universal term for your husband/partner

This is to differentiate from our non real life fellas 😞 (bae and bae)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes, it was coined by someone in the JG thread and is now the universal term for your husband/partner

This is to differentiate from our non real life fellas 😞 (bae and bae)
Haha I didn’t even know that’s where it came from, I just assumed it was a hip internet phrase that I learnt from you guys.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Haha I didn’t even know that’s where it came from, I just assumed it was a hip internet phrase that I learnt from you guys.
The amount of times I have almost used it in real life is ridiculous. Similarly, I have almost referred to RLF by his actual name here multiple times.

• Haha
The amount of times I have almost used it in real life is ridiculous. Similarly, I have almost referred to RLF by his actual name here multiple times.
I nearly did before… was nearly like “x just made turds for tea”

• Haha
Yeah I would rather avoid the drugs if possible!

I will try a walk. Just a matter of balancing the exercise and fresh air and daylight against my leaving the house anxiety.

I'm tit at meditation! I've tried loads in the past because it seems to work so well for some people but, given time and silence and peace, my brain fills it with noise.

Might pick up my knitting, though, although I don't have much need of the blanket I'm making right now (but it's early days so still very small)! The repetition and the texture and how it's simple but still needs concentration... gives me something like a meditative effect I think.

Thank you for your kind words ❤
Did you teach yourself to knit?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Did you teach yourself to knit?
Yep, during lockdown. I also taught myself to play the ukelele. I made a scarf, look:
IMG_20220714_201449.jpg

And now I'm making a blanket but it's early days on that one.

I
'm not very good, basically I can make wonky rectangles of varying proportions. But it is very soothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yep, during lockdown. I also taught myself to play the ukelele. I made a scarf, look:
View attachment 1417216

I
'm not very good, basically I can make wonky rectangles of varying proportions. But it is very soothing.
That looks very neat! Do you have a pattern for the blanket?

I love the sound of the needles clicking 🥰 I'd love to knit but my mum says I am unteachable

• Heart
That looks very neat! Do you have a pattern for the blanket?

I love the sound of the needles clicking 🥰 I'd love to knit but my mum says I am unteachable
I'm making it up as I go along 😂

Basically the plan is to make a bunch of equally sized wonky rectangles and then sew them together into one big wonky rectangle.

With the scarf I kept knitting until the wool ran out, which turned out better than I expected!

Don't think I've ever put this into actual words before, so it may not make sense, but I will try to explain...

I am a perfectionist and a control freak to the point of it being an actual problem. Not like when you ask people in interviews what their weakness is and they smirk and say perfectionism like they're cheating the system. But like it stops me from doing stuff. If something is imperfect it's a failure and it eats me up inside. And that's an exhausting way to be.

So I'm trying, just a little, with something that doesn't actually matter, to just go with the flow and be imperfect and see the value and purpose and joy in something that isn't the best example of its kind but is still worthwhile and almost made better by its wonkiness. With the scarf I stopped and restarted dozens of times because I was fixated on the tiny mistakes but I eventually just kept knitting through it and now I have a scarf which has a few dodgy sections but will keep me warm in winter and I feel pleased at having created a thing and finished it.

I much recommend trying to teach yourself. The biggest mistake I made at first was thin wool and small needles, very disheartening as it takes forever to see anything like progress. Get some cheap chunky wool and some big needles, watch some YouTube videos and do a practice that's just endless pointless knitting until you get into a rhythm. It'll go horribly wrong but that's just an excuse to undo it and get a bit more practice casting on. Then once you feel like you understand the very basics, make a rough plan in your head and get started and soon you too will have a wonky rectangle.

• Heart
I am SO envious of your trip just floating around pleasing yourself.

I am incredibly overbearing so whomever I travel with (RLF/friends/mum) have to go wherever I want to, but it takes the shine off it when they are either huffing about your plans or just aren't that interested.
Highly recommended! If I ever had a travel partner, they would grow to hate me with all their soul because I lack patience and the ability to give a duck about their whinging. Zero fucks given by me. I’ve searched my pockets for fucks to give and have come up empty. It’s not just them being uninterested in certain activities, it’s the logistics, like if they lose their passport or train ticket or metro ticket or luggage, you’re stuck until they sort it. Unless you leave them behind.

Bloody love a burger! Please send pics!
I saw your message 10 minutes too late! I’m almost finished and with all the ketchup I had on my chips, my plate looks like the aftermath of an autopsy. How about a pic of my dessert? Kinder flavored rocky road:
AEC4BFCB-7391-4A95-A7EA-A9F043E19990.jpeg

View attachment 1417216

I
You ARE good!

• Heart
View attachment 1417216

I
That's incredible! You have so much patience to learn! I tried to learn to knit when I was at school but very swiftly gave up, I don't think I'm coordinated enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.