Joel Wood

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We need to get it to them! Can you imagine how defensive and stroppy he would get if they mentioned it? 😂
He'd probably rant about the thread so much they'd have to edit it, then afterwards cry about it and quit. Ah, well. Don't worry Joel, that starring role in a Hollywood blockbuster is just around the corner!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He'd probably rant about the thread so much they'd have to edit it, then afterwards cry about it and quit. Ah, well. Don't worry Joel, that starring role in a Hollywood blockbuster is just around the corner!
Just around the corner… at the end of the Great Wall of China

• Haha
He’s done another advert with Malibu, why do they sponsor him ? Grrr 🤬 we’re talking about a mouldivator who collects old Beatrix Potter books, hardly a party animal is it ?

• Angry
Reactions: 2
He’s done another advert with Malibu, why do they sponsor him ? Grrr 🤬 we’re talking about a mouldivator who collects old Beatrix Potter books, hardly a party animal is it ?
His agent working overtime for Mouldy.

Must be a good agent, I’ll give him that, because how the hell can he get all these ads for Mouldy Wood 😡

I'm hoping a brand that deals specifically with mould asks him to do an advert.
Which you know would be quickly followed by a Joel & Lia video entitled something like: "We can't believe how Americans spell this word! 🤯" (10min video about mould vs mold and a bunch of other words they pretend to not know are spelled differently)

• Haha
Which you know would be quickly followed by a Joel & Lia video entitled something like: "We can't believe how Americans spell this word! 🤯" (10min video about mould vs mold and a bunch of other words they pretend to not know are spelled differently)
DEAD 💀 😂😂😂 I am Howling !

and you just know Hatzakis would be nodding like a puppet whilst Joel pretends to take sips of Prosecco

• Haha
Lia's uncle sadly passed away from COVID. What's to bet Mouldy will try and capitalize on her grief!

• Sad
🙁 so sad about Lias uncle, I just hope this makes her see now how important it is to get COVID vaccine as soon as you can 🙁

I am loving the thought of Joel's parents reacting to his latest 4 Poofs episode, not to mention him winning the drag race challenge. He clearly already knows what he's doing with a makeup kit!💄

• Haha
Omg I know 😂 he really shocked everyone, seems like he was enjoying himself aswell, his parents must be foaming !

Has anyone listened to the new podcast episode, I honestly can’t with mouldy 😫

I first came across this thread when there were maybe a handful of replies. I was clearing out the open tabs on my phone the other day and was delighted to see that it has since generated so many pages of discussion.

I hate-watched Joel for years. I first discovered him and Lia after their videos were incessantly pushed on my YouTube recommendations during the summer of 2018. I quickly discovered that they were irksome and irritating but their videos make great background noise for when you were packing a suitcase or cleaning or whatever.

I have lived vicariously through seeing them struggling to maintain “influencer careers“ over the last few years. Honestly, their entire existence is like something from Lisa Kudrow‘s series The Comeback. Two people who act like the second coming of Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie… except their core audience are 50-year-old white people in loveless marriages from Redneckville, USA. Pure car crash content.

You can tell that Lia has some interest in the performing arts whereas Joel just wants to be famous at any cost. His entire online existence (and means of self-validation) appears to be recalling past glories of when he “almost“ receive this job or “nearly“ had an audition for something else. It’s never about what he has achieved – it is always about what he almost achieved.

You really get the impression that the evangelical Christian upbringing from his parents has really messed him up. Although he acknowledges the aged Americans in his audience, I often feel like he is extremely conscious that his parents are watching every video. He is always holding himself back to the point that they are the invisible elephant in the room and every video. He seems extremely uncomfortable on his new podcast and I am almost certain that it’s because his parents are at the forefront of his mind was the other panellists gaggle on about bottoming or whatever. Not only does he feel uncomfortable about the sex aspect but a lot of their pop culture references appear to go over his head – he barely speaks and when he does, he has mentioned Gemma Collins in all three of the episodes he has appeared on so far. I don’t think he will last on that show for long.

It is interesting that he never mentions how his older brother’s coming out in any way influenced his own decision to remain closeted for so long. Surely it had some impact? I have absolutely no idea but I can only infer that his older brother’s revelation of his sexuality didn’t go down very well in the family/school/community etc and that this pushed Joel deeper into the closet. Who knows?

On a superficial level, there are so many little things about his persona that are equally irritating and compelling: the way he pronounces it “Chris-chun”, that awful house he has bought, the weird humble bragging peppered through every video, the way he says “comment down below if you would like to see more content like this!“ because he has no idea what space he occupies online. Is he an animal vlogger? Is he an Instagay? Is he and that housemate the online version of Kirstie and Phil? He genuinely can’t decide.

His entire online existence can be summed up in one word: tragic.

I don’t think that the 4 Poofs audience are taking to him…

E8662B9B-FF5C-4324-BFB0-0CB14B35EAD2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Such a great comment @RJF , it’s like chalk and cheese with the other 3 poofs. I can’t see him lasting on the podcast

The reason so many don't like Joel is because he's not genuine and seems to have no desire to be. 4 Poofs will probably get rid of him and he'll either pretend he quit or just stop mentioning them like he did with Yas (which turned out to be a ducking disaster on all levels and Joel had to pull him back in to his circle of friends to shut him up!)

Reactions: 5
The reason so many don't like Joel is because he's not genuine and seems to have no desire to be. 4 Poofs will probably get rid of him and he'll either pretend he quit or just stop mentioning them like he did with Yas (which turned out to be a ducking disaster on all levels and Joel had to pull him back in to his circle of friends to shut him up!)
I agree with you on all points, I’ve got my popcorn ready for the podcast fallout, I think it will just be never mentioned again like he did with Yas and he will leave the other 3 hosts high and dry.
I can’t believe Yas even wanted to be friends with him again, he should of blocked him, it was literally the only interesting little bit of drama he’s ever had on his channel !

Reactions: 4
I agree with you on all points, I’ve got my popcorn ready for the podcast fallout, I think it will just be never mentioned again like he did with Yas and he will leave the other 3 hosts high and dry.
I can’t believe Yas even wanted to be friends with him again, he should of blocked him, it was literally the only interesting little bit of drama he’s ever had on his channel !
It's like the second Joel senses even the slightest chance of becoming interesting, he runs and hides and backpedals. "Oh no! People might realise that I'm human and had drama they can relate to! Oh no! What if they find out I have sexual feelings towards my (objectively speaking) beautiful boyfriend?! 😯😮😱. I'm ruined! Please everybody, just LOVE me! 🥺"

Like it's actually sad, but a reasonable person's sympathies can only go so far, right? Someone told me he's planning to get a tattoo of his parents' signatures?! Sorry but that's so weird and gives me sad poor little boy energy that I hope he can pull out of for everyone's sake.

Either:
a) He’s been reading here (though I read through the thread and I’m pretty sure that nobody had admitted to paying to become a member?)

or

b) Someone on his member-only live stream commented some constructive criticism (or anything that isn’t outright adoration) and he wasn’t happy about it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.