Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DigitalA

POOR INDIE! imagine growing up with a father that posts picture of you literally wetting yourself in the middle of the park to millions of people. What and absolute DICKHEAD.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

Clare

VIP Member
Desert Island Discs: woe is me, I was dragged up in some shit hole in Surrey, parents young and argued all the time, kicking doors in, Dad was a drug addict but there was LOVE there guys plus look how great I turned out, she must have done a good job.

More mum shaming.

Plugs Children in need achievement, plugs school hit tour achievements.

I’m a more calm and patient parent because I can bugger off and workout whenever I want.

I’ve missed my family so much in lockdown even though I’ve seen them more or less every day, in fact they’re looking after my kids right now as me and “Body is Fire” go biking. I know I’m not a single parent family so I shouldn’t be doing this but I don’t give a shit about a global pandemic. My bike and mental health are more important.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
The latest stories of Marley and Indie crying in the car - put your phone down & comfort your kids instead of filming them and pulling funny faces you vain, uncaring, narcissistic arsehole!

• Heart

Brummiebird

VIP Member
Childhood holidays in the South of France.
I fully appreciate that looks can be deceiving but that’s slightly at odds with the holes punched in the wall, neglectful upbringing he was whittling on about last week.

Last edited:

Dina2Dina

This is a bit patronising....I think the majority of parents have managed to eventually get their child to use a spoon without joes advice!
My daughter is slightly older than Joe's. She doesn't speak and doesn't use a spoon. We have suspected ASD as she presents herself differently to heer peers. We are finally getting a referral. Anyhow. I've done nothing differently to the majority of parents, even bought flash cards (eyerolls) but she is special and amazing the way she is. Happy and content. Its very constant with Joe. My daughter is a good eater though and we don't have to force her to eat healthy things. I've been rather relaxed and what a child has never had, they never want. He is not perfect. Also broke my heart seeing them crying in the car. Each child is different. DO NOT compare to his little one. She does seem quite advanced perhaps but only because she has no choice. He is relentless. I have had a break from his IG recently as I just felt so overwhelmed and compared a lot which I know is wrong. If there is anyone else who's child has additional needs then you're not a lone. Love and support, kindness, kisses and cuddles are all they need. And to be kept off IG.

• Heart

Brummiebird

VIP Member
Is anyone else quite shocked he hasn't mentioned a single thing on what's happening at the moment in America and the black lives matter movement? I know at this point we shouldn't force people and many may be posting about it for not completely the right reasons but I'm shocked as someone with an influence of 3.7 million that he hasn't spoken about it at all. Not even a measly swipe up to a petition. Very telling... 😔
I wouldn’t want him to, to be honest, it’ll just be some bollocks about how racism can be ended by us all getting on a treadmill or by changing your mindset through purchasing his 90 day plan.

• Haha
Yes this is really annoying ! My in-laws went on and on saying they wanted to feed the baby when I was breastfeeding 🙄🙄 Interesting fact that during lockdown breastfed babies put their weight back on much more than when a poor mum has tons of visitors !! Just leave mums to it !!
Loooooooong time lurker here! Just catching up on this latest thread and had to comment on this. BF was such a struggle for me at the start and my daughter lost 9.8% of her birth weight (she is now 17 months old). On reflection, I genuinely believe the visitors in the early days didn't help and I said this to my partner only a couple of weeks ago. I was so self conscious about feeding in front of people that I wouldn't correct the latch if it felt uncomfortable because I didn't want to expose myself, or people would be holding the baby and I didn't want to take her off them! I love my MIL but she was at the hospital when I gave birth and was the first visitor so I don't think I even tried feeding in the first hour. When I did try it went horribly wrong. Anyway, my point is, I said to my partner that if we have another I am going to be very strict about visitors and if I need to feed I will take the baby upstairs. I would never have done that before because I felt bad for taking the baby away.

BF is tough for a lot of women and I think Joe could have used his platform to highlight potential issues that go alongside feeding. I think it is very irresponsible to string people along and letting them think that Rosie was still BF Marley when she wasn't. After all, they share everything else so why not that too?

I have followed Wean in 15 from when they went travelling around Costa Rica with Indie and that is where my annoyance started to grow. Firstly, everyone could do that if they had his money and didn't have a proper day job. Secondly, I just found it to be such a desperate attempt to show the world that having a baby doesn't mean that you stop living your life how you want, and babies just slot right in. Well, that isn't a reality for most! Indie doesn't have a proper routine, but why would she when neither Joe nor Rosie have a proper routine? It is much easier to be calm and laidback when you don't have to get up at 6am and rush around getting yourselves ready, drop your kid of at nursery/school, go to work, get home, dinner, bath, bed and repeat the next day. I mean, that is real life!

I can relate to Joe somewhat with having not had a great upbringing and wanting different for my child, but his obsession with Indie eating well and talking etc is obsessive. My daughter eats very well and I cook most of her food from scratch, but on my can't be arsed days she gets a fish finger or two!

I have lots more to say but this has turned into a very long rant (my 17 month is napping on me after a 4.50am start 😱)

• Heart
Reactions: 26

mrtumble

VIP Member
He is driving me mad, he needs to keep his big gob shut and stop dishing out shit advice and broadcasting private details about his family to the world.

I usually find the people who are so keen to tell you how happy they are, how much sex they're having, how amazing their partner is, are the least happy ones and the most likely to split up.

• Heart

Clare

VIP Member
Also why does he have pregnancy workouts up? Has he got any qualifications in pre or postnatal exercise ?
Pretty sure he doesn’t have qualifications in anything he does 🤷🏻‍♀️ except a masters degree in narcissism

• Haha

Clare

VIP Member
I'm so sick of him using the phrase there's always time. No there isn't !!! Its 9.50... I was asleep by then last night and he thinks that's a good time to exercise??
Where to start with this? Parent shaming, elitist, privileged, out of touch. If there are parents out there watching and thinking they’re a waste of space because it’s 10pm and they’re not connecting with their partner through exercise after parenting 2 children all day please STEP AWAY FROM HIS CHANNEL. The man is dangerously influential. This is not normal, we don’t have to exercise late at night to feel better, getting an early night’s sleep is probably as beneficial to mental health. The man’s a patronising arsehole.

• Heart

user165328

Why is he banging on about how hard the workouts are??? Has he forgotten that he started off with this being for kids? He has lost whatever little child focus that he had which wasnt much in the first place
My husband is so pissed off about the ‘PE with Joe’, he’s qualified in Sport Ed and he tried one of the workouts himself at the start of lockdown to see what his friends were talking about (the sport and coaching community were and still are completely bashing Joe). Hubby said that even though it’s a good HITT workout, Joe should NOT be advertising it for kids. The moves are not good (and potentially harmful) for developing children, especially their knees. Joe should not be advertising himself as a PE expert when he has no qualifications.

And as for the ‘breastfeeding your baby helps you to bond’, that narrative needs to stop. It’s just another form of shaming for mothers, whether they breastfeed, or choose not to (or can’t). It’s total BS too. I breastfed and pumped for 8 months (4ish months exclusively), alongside working, and it never helped me with the bond. So much so that I was referred for Post Natal Depression. And I put it down partly to the pressure that I felt to breastfeed, I had oversupply, was incredibly unwell from the low immunity and was miserable (and forever soaking wet). I doubt I’d do it again for my next child, unless I was seriously unwell again. The only positives I would put to breastfeeding is that it’s convenient and free (and if you have a severe chest infection like I did the antibodies are important), and maybe the happy hormones you get are good - they kept me from going completely nuts!! The important thing is your child is fed, growing and you keep your sanity, however you decide to feed.
And it also doesn’t matter how you wean your child, they will have preferences and when they become toddlers they’ll either be fussy or not. We did a mix of baby led and purée, did the recommendations feeding only vegetables first etc etc.. and DS used to eat everything. Now he will only have beige things (like I did as a kid). Joe Wicks you are not the fucking saint of parenting, I bet you don’t even show that Indie throws on the floor and you resort to chips and ketchup! I bet you were a fussy child and that’s why your Mum gave you potato smilies because that’s the only thing you’d eat!! Stop lying to sell your sodding books.

I liked him when he used to do the Instagram videos, now I think he’s a smug twat.

Aaaaaand end rant!!

• Heart
  • Haha

DigitalA

Popping out to the shops again for literally 1 thing.

Also drives me nuts that he makes his money flogging his hugely restrictive diet and exercise plans, then scoffs almost an entire chocolate bar and a few gin and tonics Infront of the millions of people who bought his plan and are trying to stick to it. (Disclaimer I got the plan about 3 years ago now, but if I was following it now and saw that I would be ROYALLY pissed off).

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I admit I got suckered into buying his 90 day plan. What pissed me off the most was that you only get the next months pdf when you submit your photos and measurements for the previous month! Nowhere, when signing up does it stipulate that Its a complete con, a complete faff to fit into your life and the liar at the time said he didn’t believe in counting calories! Well that’s bullshit, if he doesn’t believe in counting calories why did my husbands include more food than mine? And why did everything have to be weighed out precisely? And why did he make out that was a personalised plan when it’s just a pdf with your name on it? I fucking hate the midget tree shouting, whiny voiced, curly haired fuckwit! 😂😂😂

Also Indie is going to have massive food issues with him making out like she has to finish her entire meal. As adults we told to stop eating when full, with this bellend he’s trying to make her eat everything whether she likes it or not.

• Heart
  • Haha

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
He treats her like a dog...
-say this...
-what’s this?...
-do the funny face...
-twirl around
-show me this...
-point at this

... then rewarding her by letting her eat!

She’s not a performing animal at the zoo! Leave her alone!

• Sad

Treesy19

VIP Member
I completely agree, I have to wince when someone says the need to feed a baby to bond with it. No, you don’t. You can cuddle a baby all day, smile at them, stroke their head/cheek, bathe them, burp them, change them. Grrrrrrr.

flixy83

Of course Joe has to write his own Fathers Day post and makes sure to include lots of half naked photos of himself!!

• Haha
  • Sick

Squarehole

VIP Member
A watch. For a not even 2 year old ?

I give it 2 days till she either refuses to wear it or breaks it. He is about 5 years too early ?!?

Also Joe here's a tip buy a parasol or a kiddie sun tent so you can sit in the sun but keep Marley beside you in the shade. You can use that for free as your next amazing parenting tip 👍

I am loving the o yeah Marley is a co sleeper after we tried to pap him into his own room 😏That kid is doing a wonderful job of pissing all over his theories about how the key to having an easy child is just to be calm and I love it. Go Marley 😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Why has he put a watch on a 1 year old??! The only time she will know is lunchtime because the poor mite is always bloody starving.

• Haha

InstaFamous

Do you reckon he keeps Rosie exercising and on such small portions so she doesn’t have the energy to run away from him?

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Just wanted to reply to the user who said she unfollowed him as he made her feel a bad mum (think it was @Lovethegossxoxo).

All children develop at different rates; all four of mine certainly did. As you said yourself, Mr Wicks didn’t mention Marley’s vision until it was sorted. Instagram is just a snapshot of someone’s reality. You’re a brilliant mum. Please don’t doubt yourself over an egotistical PE teacher who’s been a parent for all of five minutes.
Can I just reiterate this? Childcare books by the myriad of childcare 'experts' mainly child free nannies and celebs who had been parents for about a minute I am certain contributed to my post natal depression with my first child. 12 years later and it still upsets me that my memories of his first year were of reading book after book trying to get him into a routine/ breastfeeding every 4 hours/different weaning things etc etc which he just wouldn't do. My husband threw them in the bin because he refused to inflict them on another parent by giving them to the charity shop and I didnt use any for my second. Guess what? They both go to the toilet on their own, eat a variety of foods, are healthy, bright, polite little kids who are sometimes little shits but are mostly fabulous. Joe Wicks is not a parenting guru. Hes a fitness instructor.

• Heart
Reactions: 24