Joe Sugg - ThatcherJoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Joe and Dianne have just danced the Paso Doble, and scored 7, 9, 9, 9 for a total of 34. In my opinion it was a decent dance, not quite suited to Joe’s style IMO, he doesn’t have the build for the Paso and was a bit overmarked for me. Those nines should’ve been more like eights. But I’m sure he will be safely through to next week again. Certainly not the worst performance this week, and he is a decent dancer, working hard to learn.

Reactions: 1
Results are in ?
Wow.... I’m surprised.
I’m not surprised at who was in the dance off, but I am a little bit surprised at who was saved, but they’ve got form.

For those interested in Strictly Results
Dance off between Charles and Dr Ranj, the judges chose to save Charles so Dr Ranj was eliminated.

I doubt Joe will win as his scores haven't been in the top as some of his other competitors. I will give him credit where it's due. He's really taken the initiative of putting a lot of effort into learning and improving on his dances each week, following through with his vlogs, and just being engaged overall with this opportunity. Something Zoe could learn from Joe that is if she cared. It's hard to believe they're siblings sometimes.

Reactions: 2
I doubt Joe will win as his scores haven't been in the top as some of his other competitors. I will give him credit where it's due. He's really taken the initiative of putting a lot of effort into learning and improving on his dances each week, following through with his vlogs, and just being engaged overall with this opportunity. Something Zoe could learn from Joe that is if she cared. It's hard to believe they're siblings sometimes.
If they run the final the same way as last year, the result is based purely on the public vote, not the judges scores. Which means Joe could easily win if he’s got enough people voting for him because he’s Joe, and manages to hoover up a load more votes, which I think he can do.

Samba for Joe and Dianne tonight. An exaggerated performance, but still a good one. He went for it, some good hip work and very nice shimmy. I’m really loving Joe on Strictly.

SCORES: 7, 8, 8, 9, TOTAL: 32

Samba for Joe and Dianne tonight. An exaggerated performance, but still a good one. He went for it, some good hip work and very nice shimmy. I’m really loving Joe on Strictly.

I think he's doing really well and pleased for him too, although it does look like he's trying too much sometimes, do you know what I mean? It just looks a bit hammy and forced at times, but maybe it's just me:) Still impressed with his progress, etc.

I like joe and dianne a lot but they really didn’t deserve such high scores,
The judges definitely want to keep him in as long as they can!
He’s definitely better than I expected over all but not to the level of praise he’s received from the panel

Reactions: 5
I think he's doing really well and pleased for him too, although it does look like he's trying too much sometimes, do you know what I mean? It just looks a bit hammy and forced at times, but maybe it's just me:) Still impressed with his progress, etc.
He’s trying hard, I don’t think he’s trying “too hard”, but the comments of exaggerating the moves made sense, it shows his inexperience. It doesn’t always look quite natural and comfortable, but it’s isnt bad. He’s surpassed all my expectations for how I thought he would do on the show.

STRICTLY: BLACKPOOL SPECIAL

Quickstep dances by Joe and Dianne - with Nana Phyllis in the audience. Great in hold, doesn’t fill the space quite enough out of hold. He’s only little and Blackpool Towers Ballroom is massive. And finally in proper top hat and tails with his hair slicked back. A proper ballroom outfit at last.

SCORES: 8, 10, 10, 10.

Only Craig not to score a 10, probably overmarked a bit let’s be honest. But every couple apart from Lauren and AJ have been overmarked tonight.

STRICTLY: BLACKPOOL SPECIAL

Quickstep dances by Joe and Dianne - with Nana Phyllis in the audience. Great in hold, doesn’t fill the space quite enough out of hold. He’s only little and Blackpool Towers Ballroom is massive. And finally in proper top hat and tails with his hair slicked back. A proper ballroom outfit at last.

SCORES: 8, 10, 10, 10.

Only Craig not to score a 10, probably overmarked a bit let’s be honest. But every couple apart from Lauren and AJ have been overmarked tonight.
Deffo over marked !! It was an okay dance but deffo not worth three 10’s !
Charles is my fave dancer, but we all know it’s fixed for joe to get to the final.

He’s trying hard, I don’t think he’s trying “too hard”, but the comments of exaggerating the moves made sense, it shows his inexperience. It doesn’t always look quite natural and comfortable, but it’s isnt bad. He’s surpassed all my expectations for how I thought he would do on the show.
Fair play to the lad, he has done better than I could, given the inexperience. He seems to have applied himself to a new skill and opened up his social pool. Much healthier that his sister in that respect.

Reactions: 3
I have to say the way Joe was so focused on his nan at the end was really adorable. As both my grandparents live in a different country and therefore I don't have the opportunity to see them as often, it makes me annoyed at how little Zoe visits her grandparents or the fact that she doesn't appreciate she still has her grandparents around. Not a lot of people can say they have both sets of grandparents around.

Joe isn't my favorite dancer for this season but I do appreciate he's been working hard and doing the best he can. All of his hard work and effort is because of his dedication to taking this opportunity seriously... and not at all because of Zoe (even if she's spending her Saturday nights in and calling a thousand times). It's great she's proud of him but I also hate how she's made it about her.

Reactions: 4
After ITV's this morning and all the news articles. Do you all think Joe and Dianne are really dating?
I know lots of people are saying they give off the dating vibes in Video's together and on Insta stories, but when you look at how Joe has been around Tanya and Britt over the years it does sort of seem like the same vibe.
Also I know people say, that as he didn't admit to not dating Dianne it means yes they are, but maybe they are just great friends and they didn't want to say as they don't want to lose vote's this close to the final.
I do think they'd make a good coupe. But she's completely different to all Insta models Joe's been into for the past few years.
Also if they are together do you think it will last? As once the live tour, is over she goes on her own tour, and then it's almost time for strictly to start again, so they won't be spending much time together.

Also I do feel sorry for him reading all comments in the articles, saying he's not manly enough, Looks like he'd be more in to Dianne brother, looks feminine etc. He can't help fact that he's has a skinny build and there's lot of straight guys out there with a similar build to him.

Last edited:
I can't decide whether they're actually a couple now or whether they're playing up to the media or not. They seem to have the same sense of humour and are quite good together. We'll see what happens once the show has finished. They've got to do the SCD tour yet in January travelling around the country, so they still might not let on to the media whether they're a couple until that tour is over. They're very touchy feely with each other all the time though???. Time will tell. I like Joe though. He's much better than his no personality sister.

I don't think they are together right now. But I do think they know there is a spark so might try dating after the show when the dynamic is equal as opposed to dance teacher and student and spending all their time together.

Reactions: 3
Also, has anyone noticed he lied in his Vlog from Sunday. He claimed Dianne came around to film the reaction video, Yet they didn't film it until Monday night. So they're clearly spending time together, whether it's more than hocking up where soon see over the Christmas break. As once Strictly is finish, they can't hide forever.

Also, has anyone noticed he lied in his Vlog from Sunday. He claimed Dianne came around to film the reaction video, Yet they didn't film it until Monday night. So they're clearly spending time together, whether it's more than hocking up where soon see over the Christmas break. As once Strictly is finish, they can't hide forever.
He also lied about her just getting there on Sunday, she's been there because she spent the night Saturday. Her coat was already on his sofa when she 'arrived' lol you could see it around for 4:18 and also right behind him when he's sitting down a little later in the vlog.

Didn't
He also lied about her just getting there on Sunday, she's been there because she spent the night Saturday. Her coat was already on his sofa when she 'arrived' lol you could see it around for 4:18 and also right behind him when he's sitting down a little later in the vlog.
eaf3347efceeda69f4da8810a4ad8d17.jpg
d12d21af2beea65ffb2d330b1bfe46ee.jpg
Didn't even noticed that. I thought he was better than his Sister and wasn't into all the lying and being fake. Obviously he's just the same.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.