Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Horatio

VIP Member
Wow...so many acronyms and nicknames and slang in your post I only half understood. What's MCP? Who is Rina? And what the hell does "crossing rhe Rubicon" mean? Thank you.
Also i may have struggled to comprehend parts indivually but it was clearly written with passion - that i like :)

Reactions: 8

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
Glad Dianne is making it aware she receives money from each purchase doesn’t take anything out of you to make people aware
I agree, she has only joined yt a few months ago and has already coped that she needs to declare these things. She also isn't passive aggressive in declaring she gets money from each purchase.

Maybe Joe, Alfie and Zoe should take note. I know I have more respect for Dianne, who openly declares that she will earn per item sold, than the others who moan about it, try to hide it or are sarcastic about it.

Screenshot_20190510-002340.png

The minions are obsessed with them as a couple.
Joe isn’t stupid, he knows if they break up he looses a huge chunk of his audience, and people will loose interest.
Personally I find it hard to buy into them being in love. Their relationship is similar to his relationship with Zoe, sibling banter.
We’ve never seen joe’s “type” but I’d put money on it being your basic blonde Instagram model for now, and long term someone who’s at least mentally on the same level as him.
Maybe she’s putting on an act, if not I can’t see them lasting.
I had to stop watching a few weeks ago because it became painful viewing.
I actually think we have seen his “type” he seems to like dark, big eyed brunettes and will take a little extra weight on a girl if she has big boobs to go with it. Dianne definitely falls into the kind of girls he’s into appearance wise. I think old school Tanya would as well. He’s said his famous crushes are Mila Kunis and Lara Croft, so girls that look like your average versions of them lol. I know he used to be all over the insta girls, but I think that was more just for fun and he knew they wouldn’t be girls he brought home to meet his family.

I also stopped watching. Unsubbed from all his channels and even unfollowed him on insta. I wouldn’t mind coupley pics and such, but they are SO artificial. I’m glad Dianne makes him happy, I don’t have anything against her. I just wish he would have stuck to what he always said and not made his career about his relationship. I’ve said it before, In The Pan is a good idea but it didn’t need to be with Dianne every time. He could have done the Easter episode with Zoe, a baking one with Tanya (or does she live in La now?) a pizza one with Caspar, etc. Dianne could pop in now and then, they could have done a Valentine’s or romantic dinner date one together but we didn’t need a “Joanne” channel. I get it’s what the 12 year olds want...but I feel like he left all of us who have supported him from the beginning in the dust to cater to his new (and likely un lasting) audience.

BDY_97

VIP Member
I am honestly so shocked and horrified at some of the things I have seen on twitter tonight.

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Pasquale who done the here come the girls tour with Dianne etc, but the minions seem to hate him now as he posted a video on his instagram story a few weeks ago filming a woman’s bum, which fair enough he probably shouldn’t have done... but some of the things these minions were saying about him when it happened were appalling and could potentially have ruined him. calling him a nonce when they do not even know the meaning of the word, one girl said a nonce just meant a weirdo 🙄 so she continued to throw about the insult and all the others joined in, was the same as when the video of Giovanni touching Dianne’s bum at the live tour was all over twitter and people said the same about him

These kids have no idea how damaging and horrific their words can be, and tonight they started up again when Dianne posted an Instagram story with him, they were all tweeting things like “I bet Dianne doesn’t feel safe around him” and “I want to go and rescue Dianne from that peadophile” truly awful mentality.

Sorry about the long rant but I’m honestly just so disgusted by how these kids act, where are the parents?!

• Angry
  • Wow

wrose587

Didn’t like that joe filmed her crying after she said good bye to her folks at the airport. Anything for the content. Comfort her and put your camera away ffs. Your a millionaire, the extra ten seconds footage isn’t going to affect you.

totally agree thought that was really low of him. let her have an honest moment to herself for chrissakes. and dianes parents looking back to wave goodbye and seeing that pillock standing there pointing a camera at them. the buswell family seemed too nice and accomodating for their own good!

HowLongOhLord

I’d honestly have to ask them to have a word with Tom syndicate if I was on a plane with him. And I absolute HATE complaining. Or an expensive restaurant. Imagine paying for a £100-200 meal In London and ending up with that fanny next to you in his own merch, and critiquing the food at the top of his voice.
A fate worse than death, I agree.

Given that this thread is loosely about influencers, I still think that misunderstandings arise here, because some are using the wrong standard to apply when making a criticism.

To me, it is like a Venn Diagram: one circle consists of the conventional mainstream media entertainer (of any type), most of whom live off any kind publicity. The second circle consists of the relatively new online entertainers, most of whom are not in mainstream media.entertainment, and where the attitude to mainstream publicity appears to be more conservative.

In the context of this thread, Dianne Buswelll is from the first circle, and Joe Sugg is from the second. It is how and where their respective circles overlap which I find interesting, since it is a little like the old world meeting the new. the tectonic plates of each grind and can produce the reactions we see here. All this is set against the backdrop of how advertisers as well as mainstream entertainment producers like the Beeb seek to make inroads into the online community for their own purposes, e.g. cherry picking youtubers for their audiences, and how mainstream entertainers/celebs like e.g. Taylor Swift or Strictly dancers seek to harness online communities for their mainstream activities/ It looks as if the online community is still relatively innocent and currently easily exploited.

Therefore, when people criticise Dianne Buswell for being OTT, they ignore her circle of influence. She is not really an online entertainer and did not get to Strictly because of her online presence, which I think we all know was much less than it is now, before she met JS It is fair to criticise DB if she misuses her IG account by failing to disclose her ads, but as far as I know, she does not now do that. Having said that, I think DB is only interested in Youtube and IG as a lucrative. hobby, which might assist her in the world of dance. The online presence is therefore ancillary and her IG is a mix of her social activity and hard sell.

This is very different to JS, who has made his progression on the back of online activity, and who himself said at the start of Strictly, that he doubted if many knew who he was outside the online community (which is not to diminish online numbers) . For JS, online activity is all serious, and to be regulated more cautiously. He has had issues with mainstream publicity in the past, just as DB does not always handle online publicity in an accepted fashion. They come from two different entertainment worlds

My 2 cents

Last edited:

Coconutshy

The whole Joanne thing has become like a cult with everyone worshiping at the alter of Dianne, you go on her IG and the comments are bizarre bordering on mania from the teen fans maybe she feels a pressure to maintain her youthfull Disney Princess look that they all idolise or something 🤷
The minions are terrifying 😂😂😂

Coconutshy

Yeah, Joe looks so happy when his 30yo girlfriend doesn't know that bacon is meat and for how long 2 minute rice should cook..
She either tries too hard to be funny or really is that simple. Either way I get second hand embarrassment.

cherry198

VIP Member
Where does every keep saying joe is smart from? He can barely cook, made money doing stupid pranks etc. I like him but wouldn’t say hes super smart. He’s smart at stuff he’s into, like the animals Diane bought over etc. Business wise he’s savvy but he’ll had business advisors etc I’d imagine.

And I don’t think Diane is as dumb as she makes out she definitely plays up for the camera imo
I agree where do people get this idea that Joes this massive intellect from cos i’ve never seen anything to suggest this😂

Dianne was running her own salon at 19 so she’s clearly smart in some capacity,I’m in my 20s and have a degree and there’s no way i could do that😂

Coconutshy

Some more tweets from that account, I actually don’t know whether to laugh, cry or vomit. Truly tragic
Jesus wept. Bloody hell, I’ve seen it all now😭😂😂😂 These Joanne minions are unhinged and living in fantasy land. They really are living vicariously through joe and dianne, it’s nauseating and pathetic.

Lord knows what kind of a breakdown this muppet will have when they break up.. 😏😩😂😂

For someone who has a lot of money he is very tight with it, the gifts he got Dianne where shocking, a cheaply printed t-shirt, some mugs, a bicycle?
I mean Dianne's birthday wasn't perfect and maybe some of us would prefer different gifts but they weren't exactly cheap. I was a bit bored so I checked the prices of them. That tshirt was £20.25, those red cups were £ 26.25, the Phillips juicer - £118.00, that green Pendleton bike - £320, the mindfulness challenge cards - £18.95, and the cake (i don't know if he paid for it or not) - £255. So he either paid £503.45 or £758.45 (with the cake) - doesn't really matter but either way, it's still a lot of money. I wish my other half could spend that much on my gift, or I on his. Maybe the presents weren't everyone's cup of tea but they definitely weren't cheap.

BDY_97

VIP Member
Jesus wept. Bloody hell, I’ve seen it all now😭😂😂😂 These Joanne minions are unhinged and living in fantasy land. They really are living vicariously through joe and dianne, it’s nauseating and pathetic.

Lord knows what kind of a breakdown this muppet will have when they break up.. 😏😩😂😂
It’s actually hilarious, I’ve followed this guy for a while now as I find his tweets genuinely hysterical. He has made about 6 new Joanne fan accounts since strictly as he keeps getting ripped to shreds by people for posting weird shit, it’s actually laughable 😂

Do these people not have a life of their own to worry about?

• Haha

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
Yeah the reasons for strictly were to get into mainstream, cause his channel was dying and he was fed up with yt completely.

I think things with Dianne just sort of happened, but they both definetely use the relationship as PR, cause the general public are interested in whether this Strictly relationship works out, its easy for him to stay in the public, when things get slow, they both just share cute pictures and they are back in the papers.

I think they are genuine about one another, but if Dianne was an insta model, he wouldn't have announced it, cause it wouldnt look as good to his image, but a falling in love through dance is far more romantic and he knows it looks good for him.But if Joe does fall back into his old ways and starts getting lazy, dianne will kick him to the curb. She doesn't do lazy, she even pulls him over his whining. I think Dianne is the kick up the ass Joe needs to be motivated and to keep trying new roles in mainstream.

They will either last and keep supporting and helping each others careers. He gives her stability and security and she gives him confidence and support. Once they both keep their own separate careers, they are more likely to last.

cherry198

VIP Member
I thought after strictly things would get more exciting, but as the weeks go buy they just seem to get more boring.

I know Joe likes spending time with people as he says he get's lonely. But is he spending so much time with his friends as it's people he has stuff in common with/ have intellectual conversations with. I know when you watch them in videos there not the smartest bunch of people, but there a lot more switched on then Dianne.

Also, does he not want Dianne hanging out with him and his friends as he's afraid of his friends taking the pissed out of him for dating someone like Dianne. As if any of his friends were dating Dianne, he'd of take the piss out of them all time.
I’ve literally no idea what point you’re trying to make here

cherry198

VIP Member
I mean I take most things i read here with a pinch of salt but we all know for a fact that jack is a massive douche and fuck boy.He played a dj set back when i was at uni and everyone partied hard.He was inviting girls into his vip section,was pulling several girls and slept with one afterwards whilst treating another girl like absolute shit and I’ve heard similar stories through the grapevine so to speak.

• Wow

BDY_97

VIP Member
I’m sorry but.. “hope you don’t mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is now that joe is my world” I AM SCREAMING

• Haha
  • Sick