Joanne Larby #8 Catfish, blackfish, lips like a trout fish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've been looking it up and in Ireland, the punishment for impersonating a solicitor can be a class A fine of up to €30,000, a prison sentence and potentially being found in contempt of court. Not to mention your name and dignity being irreparably tarnished.
If Joanne has really done all this, she could be in some serious trouble
So can anyone report her for this or does it need to be the red duchess?

Reactions: 4
So can anyone report her for this or does it need to be the red duchess?
Unsure of the ins and outs of it but don't see why it couldn't be a whisteblower ie any of us! Not sure if a precedent has been set in Ireland regarding what would happen to the guilty party but from my skimming of the Solicitor's Act and Boards, doesn't sound like it would be taken very lightly

Reactions: 5
Unsure of the ins and outs of it but don't see why it couldn't be a whisteblower ie any of us! Not sure if a precedent has been set in Ireland regarding what would happen to the guilty party but from my skimming of the Solicitor's Act and Boards, doesn't sound like it would be taken very lightly
You probably have to profit from it financially I’d say for them to bother to even look at it

Reactions: 10
Ok I think some people need to calm a little. Yes impersonating a solicitor is mental but the serious punishments above are for people who do a bit more than send a woefully amateur attempt at a solicitors letter.

Reactions: 33
Posting away about a favourite vase!!
Well she is nothing if not consistent! Wonder if this will be an attempt to move to the home account permanently to help with the interior design thing and let the Makeup Fairy account shut down.

Reactions: 3
Whats absolutely disgusting about this whole thing is nothing will happen. She is NEVER in the wrong about anything. Caught photoshopping? Cries bullies. Fella breaks up with her? Cries abuse. Constructive criticism? Cries trolls.
Shes quiet so fair on the solicitor email but if this goes further(in a magazine article even) I'm sure she'll come up with a weak excuse. She holds no accountability for her actions and choices and why would she? She gets away with it

Reactions: 29
The thing is, every single one of us know its her catfishing and trolling but there's no legit proof. Completely her tho.

Reactions: 11
I must be missing something but I read the email that the Red Duchess put up and nowhere in it does it say it’s from a solicitor or legal firm? It asks for clarification of her qualifications, which is fair as you never know who has what these days but it’s not actually imitating a legal professional. I’ll try to attach it here. Someone pretending to be a solicitor would have included a fake legal company or said in the email that they are representing someone or something.

It’s obviously JLARB but I don’t think she has done what you all think she has done.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ok I think some people need to calm a little. Yes impersonating a solicitor is mental but the serious punishments above are for people who do a bit more than send a woefully amateur attempt at a solicitors letter.
You need to have coerced money from another party under the guise of being a solicitor, for it to be considered a serious crime, or practiced law while not qualified.
Unfortunately, sending an email pretending to be a solicitor doesn't amount to illegal activity.

She was harassing Red Dutchess and attempting to dismantle her business - that would be the avenue I would go down if I was Caroline, but probably not worth the time and money to chase something like that.

Tbh, Caroline probably did more to Joanne by outing her again, than any damage Joanne attempted to do by sending fake solicitor emails and letters. Her brand collabs will be contacted regarding her behaviour, and she's embarrassed herself publicly for the millionth time. Hit her where it hurts, in her pocket, and contact brands that you see collabing with her.

She needs help, but this kind of thing has happened before with Joanne, and she's swept it under her h&m carpet.
It's car crash stuff, I would be worried what will happen to her over the next 12 months, because that lad is not going to be hanging around.

Reactions: 15
I must be missing something but I read the email that the Red Duchess put up and nowhere in it does it say it’s from a solicitor or legal firm? It asks for clarification of her qualifications, which is fair as you never know who has what these days but it’s not actually imitating a legal professional. I’ll try to attach it here. Someone pretending to be a solicitor would have included a fake legal company or said in the email that they are representing someone or something.

It’s obviously JLARB but I don’t think she has done what you all think she has done.
From my understanding of it, "Laura" must have had in her bio that she was a solicitor with how RD referred to her in the DMs that were posted.. she seems show a reply to her email underneath so it could have gone back and forth maybe. The use of the word inquiry over enquiry in the subject line indicates that Jo Loopy is insinuating an actual formal investigation into her accreditations etc. That's my take on it anyway 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Yeah you're absolutely right, they would obviously be reserved for far more serious cases, especially when Jojo hasn't profited from anything as the poster above said

Reactions: 4
Yeah you're absolutely right, they would obviously be reserved for far more serious cases, especially when Jojo hasn't profited from anything as the poster above said
Would it be considered harassment though? Although as another user pointed out above, it doesn't say anywhere about her being a solicitor

Reactions: 2
From my understanding of it, "Laura" must have had in her bio that she was a solicitor with how RD referred to her in the DMs that were posted.. she seems show a reply to her email underneath so it could have gone back and forth maybe. The use of the word inquiry over enquiry in the subject line indicates that Jo Loopy is insinuating an actual formal investigation into her accreditations etc. That's my take on it anyway 🤷‍♀️
It doesn't specifically reference a solicitor firm or that she is a solicitor in the e- mail but this originally kicked off about 18 months ago so it may have been stated then .

I think it may have been Adam that sent a text to Red Duchess at the time threatening her with legal action so this may be where legal action/ contact from solicitors etc may be coming in.

While you are right that in this particular e mail there is nothing to suggest that this person was pretending to be a solicitor was there not a story on Galz Who Snap about Joanne threatening legal action to all who dared question her.

It is a bit she said/ he said which is how Joanne gets away with. If you flat out refuse to acknowledge anything and refuse to be held accountable people get tired of trying and move on and she knows this. She hasn't done anything so heinous to warrant people wasting there time on it so she will ride it out and pretend like it never happened 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Jesus...she's actually thick isn't she?
How did she think she could change the profile like that, and not be caught out?

What I'd be more concerned about, and you can see it coming a mile away, is Joanne pretending she is a certified interior designer, and potentially get jobs based on a registered qualification that she doesn't have. I'd have no problem reporting her for something like that.

Reactions: 16
I got laughed out if it yesterday when I questioned my own naivety when I was trying to figure out if it was all some sort of mix up and I was questioning if Larby would be silly enough to be in any way involved with impersonation of another profession.
For all her other bad ways, I just don't believe she would be so clueless as to be involved with such impersonation as it could be so easily discovered by a simple online search of legal professionals here in Ireland.

Aw lads, Caroline's stories have me on the edge of my seat! Hopefully the post saying she won't be opening a can of worms will knock some sense into Joanne.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.