Jo Good - I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum and me me me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered if she did the avo toast because she reads here. At least it has good fat in it. That’s something positive. She must think her supplements make up for her poor diet.
BBC London is really padding out their programmes including JG’s with prerecorded ones, like the Make a Difference today and the Dogs and the City one too. This is now the third time at least that I’ve heard this Make A Difference. I also really dislike all the new idents they have commissioned from somewhere for the station as a whole. The music makes me feel anxious.
Yes. Probably read here. As she claims to always eat porridge for her breakfast. Never see her eating fruit or drinking water.
There's a big shake up at BBC Radio London. The guy who hired her years ago has left. Her two producers left. So maybe she's at the end of contract.
I only listen to Gary Crowley or Robert Elms occasionally. Not as good as it was.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I rate this guacamole (and their other versions) and have recommended it on the food and drink thread. I don’t faff around with unreliable whole avocados now. I had it today on bagels. Very long sell/use by date. Often on offer at Ocado or Waitrose.
1D3DB87B-E71B-4934-9D23-57D5AE71E600.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I rate this guacamole (and their other versions) and have recommended it on the food and drink thread. I don’t faff around with unreliable whole avocados now. I had it today on bagels. Very long sell/use by date. Often on offer at Ocado or Waitrose. View attachment 357830
I'll try that on your recommendation, I usually hate any prepared guacamole, like pesto I think it should only ever be homemade but I always have trouble timing the ripeness of avocados, lots never even ripen (I'm looking at you M&S). I've found the best avocados are from Aldi. I know you can get frozen ones too but I've never tried them as that just seems weird.

Yes. Probably read here. As she claims to always eat porridge for her breakfast. Never see her eating fruit or drinking water.
There's a big shake up at BBC Radio London. The guy who hired her years ago has left. Her two producers left. So maybe she's at the end of contract.
I only listen to Gary Crowley or Robert Elms occasionally. Not as good as it was.
I've always liked Robert Elms' show but I've begun to get a bit annoyed with him recently, mainly due to listening every day while WFH, when in the past I would listen on an occasional day off. I like when Jason Solomons sits in. I get annoyed when RE elonnnnnngates certain words, usually when he is doing an introddddducccction or reading something, not when he is in normal conversation. It reminds me of that London tour woman Diane Burstein, I'm sure she is a charming and knowledgeable woman but that particular speech quirk means I can't listen to her for more than 10 seconds. Robert Elms today mentioned - quite grandly and unnecessarily - while speaking to a woman about housing that his house has a piano nobile. It's been on the market for a while so maybe he is trying to give it a push. I just checked the Modern House website and can't see it any longer so maybe he was testing the market with no takers at £3.5m.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yes, David Robey left. As I’ve said before on here, I think a lot of them left (especially in local radio)and took voluntary redundancy so as to get the maximum amount before they capped the amount to less than 100k. I’m pretty sure that’s what JG’s former producers did. Elisa will be able to come back later on and pick up freelance shifts or get a short term contract. I know many former BBC staff members who have done this.

I was wondering what happened to the bulldog that Elisa got, as there isn’t a dog on their camper van getaway account.

I'll try that on your recommendation, I usually hate any prepared guacamole, like pesto I think it should only ever be homemade but I always have trouble timing the ripeness of avocados, lots never even ripen (I'm looking at you M&S). I've found the best avocados are from Aldi. I know you can get frozen ones too but I've never tried them as that just seems weird.

I've always liked Robert Elms' show but I've begun to get a bit annoyed with him recently, mainly due to listening every day while WFH, when in the past I would listen on an occasional day off. I like when Jason Solomons sits in. I get annoyed when RE elonnnnnngates certain words, usually when he is doing an introddddducccction or reading something, not when he is in normal conversation. It reminds me of that London tour woman Diane Burstein, I'm sure she is a charming and knowledgeable woman but that particular speech quirk means I can't listen to her for more than 10 seconds. Robert Elms today mentioned - quite grandly and unnecessarily - while speaking to a woman about housing that his house has a piano nobile. It's been on the market for a while so maybe he is trying to give it a push. I just checked the Modern House website and can't see it any longer so maybe he was testing the market with no takers at £3.5m.
Yes, agree with you about Robert Elms. He can be annoying. Her was more annoying when he first started out there, say twenty years ago. He was always showing off by saying how much he had paid for his clothes. I remember he once mentioned the price of nearly £300 for a pair of trousers. That was a huge amount of money then.

Didn’t know his house was up for sale. I know he’s been talking about moving. Perhaps he won’t move now that he has two children at home again. I had a friend who lived in his street. It’s very central.

Last edited:
Yes, David Robey left. As I’ve said before on here, I think a lot of them left (especially in local radio)and took voluntary redundancy so as to get the maximum amount before they capped the amount to less than 100k. I’m pretty sure that’s what JG’s former producers did. Elisa will be able to come back later on and pick up freelance shifts or get a short term contract. I know many former BBC staff members who have done this.

I was wondering what happened to the bulldog that Elisa got, as there isn’t a dog on their camper van getaway account.

Yes, agree with you about Robert Elms. He can be annoying. Her was more annoying when he first started out there, say twenty years ago. He was always showing off by saying how much he had paid for his clothes. I remember he once mentioned the price of nearly £300 for a pair of trousers. That was a huge amount of money then.

Didn’t know his house was up for sale. I know he’s been talking about moving. Perhaps he won’t move now that he has two children at home again. I had a friend who lived in his street. It’s very central.
Yes. Robert's ok. If he has a good guest it makes it. Used to listen to Simon Lederman who did a breakfast show with MAM but I don't know if he's still there. Elisa seems to have stopped putting out vlogs. Maybe the dog is with friends or family. I thought George seemed less enamoured with Jo recently.

Yes. Robert's ok. If he has a good guest it makes it. Used to listen to Simon Lederman who did a breakfast show with MAM but I don't know if he's still there. Elisa seems to have stopped putting out vlogs. Maybe the dog is with friends or family. I thought George seemed less enamoured with Jo recently.
Simon Lederman had an accident about 3 years ago. He fell and smashed his face badly, I think he broke his jaw, and hasn’t been back on air since. He could be behind the scenes working now. I remember he was on the air the night of the Grenfell fire. He and Jo used to do a Saturday morning programme.

I like Petrie Hosken. She’s covering for Vanessa now. I wonder if they will get her in to cover for JG next week. She would make a decent replacement. I was listening to her today on the Sounds App as I missed a lot of the programme this morning. She was talking about food a lot, and also had her friend Laurie Laird, the amusing and intelligent American economist as a guest reviewing the papers.

Reactions: 1
The part of Regent's Park she films herself in isn't a part I recognise, and I know it really well. The stream and the tennis courts? I reckon it's a separate gated area near the college that she pays for access to so she doesn't have to mingle with hoi polloi.

She's obsessed with status, name dropping and connections - also one of those people who appears to be friends with everyone so that she gives the impression of living in an endless social whirl of jubilation and frivolity, centred around herself, but I get the sense she actually has few close friends and is probably quite lonely deep down.

Reactions: 1
The part of Regent's Park she films herself in isn't a part I recognise, and I know it really well. The stream and the tennis courts? I reckon it's a separate gated area near the college that she pays for access to so she doesn't have to mingle with hoi polloi.
Apologies if you are refering to something specific Jo has shown in the vlogs (that I might not have seen!), but the tennis courts are across the street from Regent's Uni. There's an area around the courts where you can walk around. Jo seems to keep to that side of the park it seems, she often films just off york bridge and towards the back gates of the uni.

Apologies if you are refering to something specific Jo has shown in the vlogs (that I might not have seen!), but the tennis courts are across the street from Regent's Uni. There's an area around the courts where you can walk around. Jo seems to keep to that side of the park it seems, she often films just off york bridge and towards the back gates of the uni.
OK, so the tennis courts aren't in a gated section where you have to have a key to get in? I always thought they were because they seem have a railing around.

OK, so the tennis courts aren't in a gated section where you have to have a key to get in? I always thought they were because they seem have a railing around.
It's been a while since I've been in Regent's park and even longer since I've been near the courts (as I think there are nicer parts to the park) but as far as I remember you can just walk in and around the courts, there are benches and a small cafe too. You didn't need a key to get in that area, anyone could book the courts and pay for tennis lessons.

It's been a while since I've been in Regent's park and even longer since I've been near the courts (as I think there are nicer parts to the park) but as far as I remember you can just walk in and around the courts, there are benches and a small cafe too. You didn't need a key to get in that area, anyone could book the courts and pay for tennis lessons.
OK. Is that where the stream is? Clearly I don't know the park as well as I thought - will have to check that area out next time I'm there.

JG did once mention one part of the park she walks in as unknown and that she didn’t want to name it so it would stay empty.

One of her followers mentions that she lost her job and a few other things and all JG says is thank you (thankyou). 🤦‍♀️
407888FE-D136-4347-85B5-F91A506E1996.jpeg
It took another commenter to wish the unemployed woman well.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Now she is interviewing the head of the Newbridge Trust for prison visiting and befriending. It’s a charity she supports. Does anyone think she actually does any prison visiting? She’s mentioned in the past that being locked up in prison is her worst nightmare. That’s probably why she wasn’t able to keep to lockdown rules. And she admitted that she didn’t realise that there is a podcast for Newbridge and promised to go home and listen to it later. Great research there.

Last edited:
Now she is interviewing the head of the Newbridge Trust for prison visiting and befriending. It’s a charity she supports. Does anyone think she actually does any prison visiting? She’s mentioned in the past that being locked up in prison is her worst nightmare. That’s probably why she wasn’t able to keep to lockdown rules.
Virtue signalling opportunity ahoy! Hardly a Spokesperson for the disenfranchised......name dropping snob.
Imagine being locked up with her!!???? Incessant prattling, “Voguing” and the smell of old fish cake......

• Haha
Virtue signalling opportunity ahoy! Hardly a Spokesperson for the disenfranchised......name dropping snob.
Imagine being locked up with her!!???? Incessant prattling, “Voguing” and the smell of old fish cake......
yes, or being visited in prison by her. 😬
Now she’s banging on for the millionth time about the podcast she and Anna made, about them, for Anna’s own podcast while not socially distancing on her famous Marylebone roof.

• Haha
I wouldn't have her down as a prisoner visitor. Enough to make you crave solitary confinement. Rocking up in her Big Bird coat and orthopedic platforms. 'Did you know I used to be in a soap. Watched by fifteen million viewers'? 'This Stella McCartney coat was paid for with repeat fees'. Sure it was Jo. You get at least thirty two pence a year.

• Haha
yes, or being visited in prison by her. 😬
Now she’s banging on for the millionth time about the podcast she and Anna made, about them, for Anna’s own podcast while not socially distancing on her famous Marylebone roof.
She is so self absorbed I’m surprised she’s not disappeared altogether leaving only a grease spot (Eve Lom of course) on the carpet!

I wouldn't have her down as a prisoner visitor. Enough to make you crave solitary confinement. Rocking up in her Big Bird coat and orthopedic platforms. 'Did you know I used to be in a soap. Watched by fifteen million viewers'? 'This Stella McCartney coat was paid for with repeat fees'. Sure it was Jo. You get at least thirty two pence a year.
I’d ask for the Death Sentence if I got her as a do gooder.........Or ask her her tips for a Hunger Strike....

• Haha
Whenever the subject of prisons comes up she always mentions inappropriately that she's "fascinated by incarceration" and that's the reason she loved Big Brother when it first started. She also always says that she'd like to do prison visiting when she retires. When she's no longer working she will indeed require a captive audience to talk at. I didn't hear the show today but might listen back.

Well if any of them expect her to bake them a cake with a file in it, they’ll be sadly disappointed.

• Haha
Whenever the subject of prisons comes up she always mentions inappropriately that she's "fascinated by incarceration" and that's the reason she loved Big Brother when it first started. She also always says that she'd like to do prison visiting when she retires. When she's no longer working she will indeed require a captive audience to talk at. I didn't hear the show today but might listen back.
I didn’t realise she said she wants to do it when she retired. What was stopping her doing it before the pandemic? Nothing that I can think of.

Big Bluebird. Or maybe small tiny Bluebird.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.