Jo Good - I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum and me me me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just listened back and she said about taking off in a van to Scotland "my producer has just done this as well, and took off and I encouraged her to do it".

While discussing Soho, she brought up the book Tales of the City, saying it was "very much the LA version of Soho" before being corrected by the caller.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I just listened back and she said about taking off in a van to Scotland "my producer has just done this as well, and took off and I encouraged her to do it".

While discussing Soho, she brought up the book Tales of the City, saying it was "very much the LA version of Soho" before being corrected by the caller.
I listened to the interview with the VW traveller and heard what you mentioned. I also heard the Soho interview with Paul Burke at the end of the programme but didn’t hear any mention of Tales of the City. My first job was in Soho, just off Greek Street.

I listened to the interview with the VW traveller and heard what you mentioned. I also heard the Soho interview with Paul Burke at the end of the programme but didn’t hear any mention of Tales of the City. My first job was in Soho, just off Greek Street.
After Paul Burke spoke there was a last caller Lance who corrected her. It was at 3:23 on Sounds. Interesting that was your old stomping ground, you should've called Jo with your recollections.

After Paul Burke spoke there was a last caller Lance who corrected her. It was at 3:23 on Sounds. Interesting that was your old stomping ground, you should've called Jo with your recollections.
Would not want to give her any more fodder for her show and ego.

Would not want to give her any more fodder for her show and ego.
773EBE76-CE69-413D-8D23-FF15A016305B.jpeg

A marked ad on Insta but not on Flog. She kept saying that someone told her about this range.

Why not let the ASA know?
Does it have to be marked on both platforms? I have no idea. If you watch it you can see her non transparency and downright porkies.

Found this on the BBC Sounds App - Jenni Murray interviewing the Barking Blonds
958EB6D7-780F-4BD5-8850-AB7D67C67283.jpeg
in 2013. It’s the last interview.

Last edited:
How was it ok to have Anna, JG and a man go in her building and then up on the roof? Three separate households inside? She forgot about Matilda’s nails.
4C17E31E-E235-49A2-910E-A890DEB83EFD.jpeg

How was it ok to have Anna, JG and a man go in her building and then up on the roof? Three separate households inside? She forgot about Matilda’s nails.View attachment 348494
20201216_070548.jpg

Her commenters are idiots.

Does it have to be marked on both platforms? I have no idea. If you watch it you can see her non transparency and downright porkies.
Read the ASA guidance here. It has to be marked and able to be seen on whatever platform or device is used.

From the ASA regarding blogs and vlogs...

Viewers need to know they are selecting an ad to view/read before they engage with it, i.e. before they play, open or click on anything (Wahoo Fitness (UK) Ltd, 7 March 2018). Finding out something is an ad after having selected it, at the end of a video or half way through a piece of content will not be considered sufficient to comply with the Code.

If it is not otherwise clear from the context, it’s likely that the title of the vlog/blog and/or the thumbnail will need, at minimum, to include an identifier such as ‘Ad’ so that it is clear to consumers before they click through to the content. If consumers can click to view the content without seeing the title or other accompanying text, this kind of label should be placed wherever it can be seen before someone clicks through to engage with the content.

Advertisers and publishers should be conscious of the way that content is displayed on different devices, and with different viewing settings. If the text that accompanies a video or picture isn’t always visible, stating a label such as “Ad” in that text may be considered insufficient, since consumers won’t see it until after they’ve already clicked to engage with the content.

From the ASA regarding blogs and vlogs...

Viewers need to know they are selecting an ad to view/read before they engage with it, i.e. before they play, open or click on anything (Wahoo Fitness (UK) Ltd, 7 March 2018). Finding out something is an ad after having selected it, at the end of a video or half way through a piece of content will not be considered sufficient to comply with the Code.

If it is not otherwise clear from the context, it’s likely that the title of the vlog/blog and/or the thumbnail will need, at minimum, to include an identifier such as ‘Ad’ so that it is clear to consumers before they click through to the content. If consumers can click to view the content without seeing the title or other accompanying text, this kind of label should be placed wherever it can be seen before someone clicks through to engage with the content.

Advertisers and publishers should be conscious of the way that content is displayed on different devices, and with different viewing settings. If the text that accompanies a video or picture isn’t always visible, stating a label such as “Ad” in that text may be considered insufficient, since consumers won’t see it until after they’ve already clicked to engage with the content.

Last edited:
I rewatched her flog including Estee LaLonde. It also included her filming the Queen and Prince Charles getting into a helicopter outside Kensington Palace. The camera work in that was diabolical and nausea inducing, similar to her driving.

The bit with Estee Lalonde was peculiar as she said she really admired her as she came from Canada with nothing and insinuated she was a self made woman. She omitted to mention her wealthy Kazakstan boyfriend. JG also let her flog her jewellery range.
0AC42D76-BEE1-4D7E-B2D9-D3FD0BD71080.jpeg
E9ADE0A7-939E-47D2-B872-B89506AF6CF2.jpeg

Have we ever seen MAM in a piece of EL jewellery? Not that I would recognise it.

For some reason I just remembered this - quite a while ago MAM mentioned that she felt lucky that she didn't receive many negative comments on her socials, or any online criticism, going on to say that she feels as if she is under the radar and left to get on with it, or words to that effect. That must be why she has such a laissez faire attitude to declaring ads and sponsorships.

For some reason I just remembered this - quite a while ago MAM mentioned that she felt lucky that she didn't receive many negative comments on her socials, or any online criticism, going on to say that she feels as if she is under the radar and left to get on with it, or words to that effect. That must be why she has such a laissez faire attitude to declaring ads and sponsorships.
Nothing lasts forever!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
JG talking to Chef Allegra McEvedy, whose name she kept mispronouncing, and saying how much she loved being a waitress because it was her stage! Hurray, she finally got her name right at the end.

JG mentioning that she and Simon Lycett were to be going out tonight, she was also supposed to have her "company" party with Felipe today, a hot chocolate at Liberty (or Liberty's :rolleyes: as she calls it). Very generous of her, a quick hot drink for Felipe then drop him and off to a night out with Simon Lycett (I bet he's paying).

You would think during the radio segment about wreath making with Simon she'd have mentioned how she got on with the " food parcel wreath materials" that he delivered to her "for work purposes" on Sunday while she was isolating.

Last edited:
JG mentioning that she and Simon Lycett were to be going out tonight, she was also supposed to have her "company" party with Felipe today, a hot chocolate at Liberty (or Liberty's :rolleyes: as she calls it). Very generous of her, a quick hot drink for Felipe then drop him and off to a night out with Simon Lycett (I bet he's paying).

You would think during the radio segment about wreath making with Simon she'd have mentioned how she got on with the " food parcel wreath materials" that he delivered to her "for work purposes" on Sunday while she was isolating.
How can she go out with him under Tier 3 rules? Restaurants and pubs are closed. I remember when she used to talk about taking out ‘her team’ for a Christmas meal.

I haven't caught up with this thread yet, but I have just come to say I can't believe today's show is centered around Jo's bloody oven!

Reactions: 2
How can she go out with him under Tier 3 rules? Restaurants and pubs are closed. I remember when she used to talk about taking out ‘her team’ for a Christmas meal.
Both outings were supposed to happen today but cancelled, as you said due to Tier 3 rules. (I should've written "I bet he would've been paying).

You are right about "her" team Christmas meal, if it had been planned I am sure we'd have heard about it, so it seems there was none this year. She did used to emphasise that she takes her team - generosity signalling. Off-topic but it reminds me of awful Steve Allen on LBC, he will always say "I took so-and-so out for a meal", never just "I went out for a meal with..."

I haven't caught up with this thread yet, but I have just come to say I can't believe today's show is centered around Jo's bloody oven!
Part of her ditzy act "ooh when I turn on the oven the kitchen fills with smoke", letting us know she is too creative and urbane to be dealing with such domestic drudgery. She is trying to paint a crazy comedic scene, I think she fancies herself as some sort of slapstick comedienne; Lucille Ball she ain't.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.