Jo Good #7 Very Late Show, BBC. Freebie-grabbin' KarenBritChick wannabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not yet watched. If it were me I'd have not included commercial links in the first vlog after my dear pet's death but I suppose we all grieve differently.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've not yet watched. If it were me I'd have not included commercial links in the first vlog after my dear pet's death but I suppose we all grieve differently.
Yes. Also, why would she bury Matilda in the garden of a house that is likely to be sold in the near future. She said she wasn’t inheriting, however that could be another case of misspeaking.

Reactions: 1
That was definitely an ad. She called the products gifted. She intimated she used them every day. Obviously she showed and mentioned them to ensure a further supply. She said she would leave links below. However, she’s been seen ‘regularly‘ plastering her face with the other products she’s been given like Paula’s Choice. She said Matilda would understand why she was doing this. 🤷‍♀️

She also said that she would have taken Matilda to her weekend away as it was dog friendly, despite having said previously that Matilda was going to stay with Anna.

She also said that she didn’t actually know if Matilda had a heart attack but presumed she had. It sounds like she hadn’t taken her to the vet after she had her pale gums which Anna had noticed while clipping her nails a while ago (she did mention this in one of her programmes this week) nor after her seizure.

It was mentioned on a show this week, probably on Barking at the Moon, that they would be covering the campaign to not use flat faced breeds in advertisements. I wonder if she will also mention the expensive operation(s) she had to help her breathing. It would be an excellent time to talk about it. I fear she won’t want to be honest. She should also ask Bruce Fogle, her old vet, who was on her show last year and said she was a naive owner.

I really hope she doesn’t get another bulldog, or any flat faced breed. I think she will find having another puppy very difficult on her own, as Big George was around to help with Matilda.

I do not understand the attraction to those breeds, sorry if anyone has one. When I found out about their breathing difficulties, I was even more incredulous that they were so popular. I remember her saying that she could no longer insure Matilda as it was too expensive.

She said how she could treat herself to the coat as she doesn't drink
I missed that.

The coat she bought is £475. Did you notice that the shop owner was trying to dodge the camera when she was filming her?

Last edited:
  • Wow
.... and how much was the Stella McCartney I noticed just dumped on the floor. 😱

Reactions: 2
Disappointed and disgusted. As an animal lover and dog owner I was very sympathetic to Jo's sharing of her dog's passing until she abruptly segued into coat shopping and beauty products. WTF? Two separate topics which IMO should have been handled as two separate vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Here it is
Thanks for posting. I definitely didn’t hear that.

Disappointed and disgusted. As an animal lover and dog owner I was very sympathetic to Jo's sharing of her dog's passing until she abruptly segued into coat shopping and beauty products. WTF? Two separate topics which IMO should have been handled as two separate vlogs.
It was beyond a parody.

.... and how much was the Stella McCartney I noticed just dumped on the floor. 😱
That was around the £1k mark from memory.

The coat, along with the price, is on the TwentyPetworth website. I couldn't upload it. On another website it was about £100 more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
That was definitely an ad. She called the products gifted. She intimated she used them every day. Obviously she showed and mentioned them to ensure a further supply. She said she would leave links below. However, she’s been seen ‘regularly‘ plastering her face with the other products she’s been given like Paula’s Choice. She said Matilda would understand why she was doing this. 🤷‍♀️
:mad::mad::mad: ☹☹☹

I had every sympathy for Jo Good after the loss of her loyal long-time companion but this is just too much.

I have only just watched yesterday's vlog, I posted a screenshot of the YouTube thumbnail and the description box as a preview, so was aware of the the links she had placed but, having just now watched the whole vlog, I am appalled to see that she inserted an entire QVC style advertorial for a beauty brand, in the vlog announcing her dog's death to her YT followers. Saying that the recently departed Matilda "would understand" is a cold and cynical use of her name in mitiagation.

MAM even admitted that many of her YouTube followers were unaware of Matilda's passing as they don't follow her on IG, or on the BBC, so she was breaking the sad news to them in this video, in effect using an obituary as a billboard.

If the items from Chanticaille were sent as a true condolence "gift" she needn't have mentioned the brand. The dignified, respectful, non-grabby response would be something like: "So many of you have sent cards and gifts, they've come from friends, colleagues, listeners, followers - even some of the brands I work with have sent some self-care gifts - it is so kind, thank you to everyone".

Instead Jo Good shoehorned in reference to how the products, naming each item, soothed her skin after crying through grief. Maybe Mutti offered some of her tried-and-true Astral, if so we didn't hear about it, no active link available.

Jo Good claimed it wasn't an ad but we know she plays fast and loose with the ASA regs. She didn't place those links there for nothing. Jo Good choses to ignore the fact it's classed as an AD whether you are paid with product or paid a fee, the ASA does not differentiate.

Any decent person and animal lover might ask: Why couldn't she leave out the commercial activity on her video for just this one week??

The cynical amongst us might suggest that she knew this would be a vlog episode with many more views than a normal week, result being she could flex the resulting higher engagement - surely that couldn't be the case?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
:mad::mad::mad: ☹☹☹

I had every sympathy for Jo Good after the loss of her loyal long-time companion but this is just too much.

I have only just watched yesterday's vlog, I posted a screenshot of the YouTube thumbnail and the description box as a preview, so was aware of the the links she had placed but, having just now watched the whole vlog, I am appalled to see that she inserted an entire QVC style advertorial for a beauty brand, in the vlog announcing her dog's death to her YT followers. Saying that the recently departed Matilda "would understand" is a cold and cynical use of her name in mitiagation.

MAM even admitted that many of her YouTube followers were unaware of Matilda's passing as they don't follow her on IG, or on the BBC, so she was breaking the sad news to them in this video, in effect using an obituary as a billboard.

If the items from Chanticaille were sent as a true condolence "gift" she needn't have mentioned the brand. The dignified, respectful, non-grabby response would be something like: "So many of you have sent cards and gifts, they've come from friends, colleagues, listeners, followers - even some of the brands I work with have sent some self-care gifts - it is so kind, thank you to everyone".

Instead Jo Good shoehorned in reference to how the products, naming each item, soothed her skin after crying through grief. Maybe Mutti offered some of her tried-and-true Astral, if so we didn't hear about it, no active link available.

Jo Good claimed it wasn't an ad but we know she plays fast and loose with the ASA regs. She didn't place those links there for nothing. Jo Good choses to ignore the fact it's classed as an AD whether you are paid with product or paid a fee, the ASA does not differentiate.

Any decent person and animal lover might ask: Why couldn't she leave out the commercial activity on her video for just this one week??

The cynical amongst us might suggest that she knew this would be a vlog episode with many more views than a normal week, result being she could flex the resulting higher engagement - surely that couldn't be the case?
Nothing surprises me about her shilling. She’s making hay after her click bait best friend (her words) died. She must have filmed that by Friday at the latest because she was off to the seaside for the weekend.

• Sad
  • Heart
Nothing surprises me about her shilling. She’s making hay after her click bait best friend (her words) died. She must have filmed that by Friday at the latest because she was off to the seaside for the weekend.
She did appear to lack any real sadness about Matildas passing

• Sad
I wonder if the new mask mandate will curtail her next house party.

I wonder if the new mask mandate will curtail her next house party.
Social distancing must have remained a requirement in the BBC Radio London studios otherwise she would be able to have guests in, and not, for example have to put Anna in another studio as she does for the barking hour.

None of that is observed when she is broadcasting from her flat, it sends out a terrible message. We see photos of people right next to each other in that tiny flat. How does the BBC allow this?

OT but I'm wondering if any threadmates have seen House of Gucci yet, we discussed it here a while ago and some of us including @Miss LDN IIRC were keen to see it.

Last edited:
Social distancing must have remained a requirement in the BBC Radio London studios otherwise she would be able to have guests in, and not, for example have to put Anna in another studio as she does for the barking hour.

None of that is observed when she is broadcasting from her flat, it sends out a terrible message. We see photos of people right next to each other in that tiny flat. How does the BBC allow this?

OT but I'm wondering if any threadmates have seen House of Gucci yet, we discussed it here a while ago and some of us including @Miss LDN IIRC were keen to see it.
I haven’t seen House of Gucci.

Loose Ends on Radio 4 has been allowing guests in their studio for quite a while.
It seemed like Anna may have been in the studio with La Minge.

Reminds me that she recently said (in the last week) that she rolled up the rug when she went out in case Matilda peed on it, but that she never did. Not sure why she said that even if it was true as it was obviously peed on in recent times. Unless the smell was totally obliterated from the rug, Matilda was bound to go back to it.

This woman is case in point for someone with arrested development. Her age is in no way representative of her maturity level which is that of a 16 year old girl.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.