Jo Good #7 Very Late Show, BBC. Freebie-grabbin' KarenBritChick wannabe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last night's show. Again using her show to sort out her personal life admin issues, more idiocy and broadcasting financial disinformation.

After buying a cardigan that was shipped from Italy she now has an invoice for the "duty". This could be karma for the deceptive way she sold Yvette Sports imported sports gear a while ago on YouTube telling purchasers they "don't have to pay tax!!!". (As the items she advertised were from China a buyer could well have received a charge for duty for a purchase over a certain amount).

When she ordered the cardigan from Italy she should've been aware that the UK is no longer in the EU so import duties are incurred when importing items over a certain value. This is the case whether they are imported by a wholesaler or retail customer. For a woman who says she's in touch with goings-on being "in a newsroom six days per week" she should have the critical thinking skills to research the bona fides of the invoice she has received, without seeking random unqualified information from listeners, and broadcasting possible disinformation. Most of her listeners sound as if they live under a rock and not au fait with the ways things are done in the the 21st century. Even the Royal Mail guy gave incorrect info, he seemingly knows only about their services, not courier companies.

People are telling her she should not get an invoice after the item has been delivered, that the duty would have to be paid before she could take delivery. This is not a true! Royal Mail do it one way, couriers another way. For example I pay duty on imported items that have been delivered by Royal Mail by going to the delivery office and paying it by card before they hand the parcel over. (I have also seen customers in the same office kicking off when told they need to pay this, the poor post office staff have to tolerate tales about it being from their mum, or that the seller told them it would be ok and could they check - I mean WTF?).

However, I have often received invoices from DHL, FedEx etc, after delivery of the item. The courier firms are contracted to get the parcel to you within the time frame agreed by the sender so they will usually pay the duty to smooth its transit through customs, then later invoice the receiver for repayment of the customs charges and VAT. This is likely what has happened to Jo Good. I have paid DHL on my doorstep when they deliver a parcel, as well as after delivery when they've sent an invoice. In fact I am expecting something couriered from the EU today but it;s only EU87 so I am not expecting to pay any more.

Many online retailers are not as clear as they should be, some say the "tax" is paid but they mean the sales tax in the seller's country and not the duty and VAT in the destination country. But to be fair, it is not their job to know the customs rules of every country they might send to, that is a buyer's responsibility. Other online sellers make it clear that the purchaser will be liable for import charges in their own country and they should make their own enquiries about their liabilities before ordering. Jo Good, like the needy child she is, obviously did not even think this might be a possibility, and in true narc style now expects others to give her the answers.

Then genius Jean from Newham rings in giving bad advice; she obviously does not know the difference between tax and duty and is telling Jo not to pay! Jean then tells a story from when she was working (probably 40 years ago) and tells Jo she should not pay, just leave it because they will have to "sue" her if they want the money. WTAF!!! The BBC are allowing this "advice " to be broadcast!

Look out for Jo Good in the London Gazette with a CCJ, then to appear on here Come The Bailiffs. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I heard all that palaver at the beginning. She’s utterly shameless. Cough up Minge. HM Customs and Excise will be doing a raid otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I heard all that palaver at the beginning. She’s utterly shameless. Cough up Minge.
I am concerned that she lets anyone on to give "advice" on this financial matter, advice that could be acted upon by other listeners. She and her producers are allowing random listeners to act as experts, they are going beyond giving personal anecdotes on the subject, with clear advice to "not pay" being given. This really needs to be flagged to the BBC.

Reactions: 2
I am concerned that she lets anyone on to give "advice" on this financial matter, advice that could be acted upon by other listeners. She and her producers are allowing random listeners to act as experts, they are going beyond giving personal anecdotes on the subject, with clear advice to "not pay" being given. This really needs to be flagged to the BBC.
I agree. Time to email Sara David. Mel should know better too. It was him and Alice as producers last night. I heard her say what do people do who don’t have their own radio show. I edited my reply above.

Reactions: 1
Last night's show. Again using her show to sort out her personal life admin issues, more idiocy and broadcasting financial disinformation.

After buying a cardigan that was shipped from Italy she now has an invoice for the "duty". This could be karma for the deceptive way she sold Yvette Sports imported sports gear a while ago on YouTube telling purchasers they "don't have to pay tax!!!". (As the items she advertised were from China a buyer could well have received a charge for duty for a purchase over a certain amount).

When she ordered the cardigan from Italy she should've been aware that the UK is no longer in the EU so import duties are incurred when importing items over a certain value. This is the case whether they are imported by a wholesaler or retail customer. For a woman who says she's in touch with goings-on being "in a newsroom six days per week" she should have the critical thinking skills to research the bona fides of the invoice she has received, without seeking random unqualified information from listeners, and broadcasting possible disinformation. Most of her listeners sound as if they live under a rock and not au fait with the ways things are done in the the 21st century. Even the Royal Mail guy gave incorrect info, he seemingly knows only about their services, not courier companies.

People are telling her she should not get an invoice after the item has been delivered, that the duty would have to be paid before she could take delivery. This is not a true! Royal Mail do it one way, couriers another way. For example I pay duty on imported items that have been delivered by Royal Mail by going to the delivery office and paying it by card before they hand the parcel over. (I have also seen customers in the same office kicking off when told they need to pay this, the poor post office staff have to tolerate tales about it being from their mum, or that the seller told them it would be ok and could they check - I mean WTF?).

However, I have often received invoices from DHL, FedEx etc, after delivery of the item. The courier firms are contracted to get the parcel to you within the time frame agreed by the sender so they will usually pay the duty to smooth its transit through customs, then later invoice the receiver for repayment of the customs charges and VAT. This is likely what has happened to Jo Good. I have paid DHL on my doorstep when they deliver a parcel, as well as after delivery when they've sent an invoice. In fact I am expecting something couriered from the EU today but it;s only EU87 so I am not expecting to pay any more.

Many online retailers are not as clear as they should be, some say the "tax" is paid but they mean the sales tax in the seller's country and not the duty and VAT in the destination country. But to be fair, it is not their job to know the customs rules of every country they might send to, that is a buyer's responsibility. Other online sellers make it clear that the purchaser will be liable for import charges in their own country and they should make their own enquiries about their liabilities before ordering. Jo Good, like the needy child she is, obviously did not even think this might be a possibility, and in true narc style now expects others to give her the answers.

Then genius Jean from Newham rings in giving bad advice; she obviously does not know the difference between tax and duty and is telling Jo not to pay! Jean then tells a story from when she was working (probably 40 years ago) and tells Jo she should not pay, just leave it because they will have to "sue" her if they want the money. WTAF!!! The BBC are allowing this "advice " to be broadcast!

Look out for Jo Good in the London Gazette with a CCJ, then to appear on here Come The Bailiffs. 😂
Her scrooge ways baffle me, your OK with spending a ridiculous amount on a cardigan yet she is annoyed that she has to pay this tax which is common knowledge to everyone.

Should the beeb not issue some form of disclaimer regarding the financial advice that is issued on Jo or anyone else's show for that matter?

Reactions: 3
Her scrooge ways baffle me, your OK with spending a ridiculous amount on a cardigan yet she is annoyed that she has to pay this tax which is common knowledge to everyone.
Not sure if anyone else caught the end of the programme last night, when M stated she'd be purchasing, yet another, shaggy coat. She saw someone in the street and was smitten with the wearer's Afghan. When told it was by an ultra-exclusive designer, who only releases items on two days each year, she was all over it.

Reactions: 3
Not sure if anyone else caught the end of the programme last night, when M stated she'd be purchasing, yet another, shaggy coat. She saw someone in the street and was smitten with the wearer's Afghan. When told it was by an ultra-exclusive designer, who only releases items on two days each year, she was all over it.
Yes, I heard that. A non smelly Afghan coat. She also admitted to not having a sense of direction as did other people. She said she once boarded a plane to Lanzarote without having any idea where it was.

Yes, I heard that. A non smelly Afghan coat. She also admitted to not having a sense of direction as did other people. She said she once boarded a plane to Lanzarote without having any idea where it was.
She blamed her lack of geographical knowledge on being schooled in Australia, saying the only atlas she had featured only Australia so she didn't learn about Europe and other places. She said she still wouldn't know where China is.

She blamed her lack of geographical knowledge on being schooled in Australia, saying the only atlas she had featured only Australia so she didn't learn about Europe and other places. She said she still wouldn't know where China is.
Yes, that too, and having no idea what land mass she was ever flying over on her many acting jaunts, probably the ones with Derek Nimmo.

I see Anna Webb is now advertising the Hobbs dog coat on her Insta account.

Where is @Miss LDN ? You OK?

Last edited:
Yes, that too, and having no idea what land mass she was ever flying over on her many acting jaunts, probably the ones with Derek Nimmo.

I see Anna Webb is now advertising the Hobbs dog coat on her Insta account.

Where is @Miss LDN ? You OK?
Looks like Jo passed the same dog coat on to Anna. Anna doesn't have her own link but she tagged Hobbs, probably hoping to get on the same gig.

Ditto re @Miss LDN

Robert Elms Insta Account is also advertising a ‘fair’ his wife is selling at this weekend. She‘s selling some of the Minge’s dresses.

Looks like Jo passed the same dog coat on to Anna. Anna doesn't have her own link but she tagged Hobbs, probably hoping to get on the same gig.

Ditto re @Miss LDN

Ditto re @Miss LDN
It could be the same one but Minge said she got one for Anna on her Insta post advertising the dress and dog coat.🤔

• Wow
Robert Elms Insta Account is also advertising a ‘fair’ his wife is selling at this weekend. Shes selling some of the Minge’s dresses.
Minge will shortly be signalling how sustainable and thrifty she is, selling off her old toot. I wonder what Christina's sales commission will be? Perhaps it's for Children In Need.

It could be the same one but Minge said she got one for Anna on her Insta post advertising the dress and dog coat.🤔
Yeah, right....

@veejay
Minge will shortly be signalling how sustainable and thrifty she is, selling off her old toot. I wonder what Christina's sales commission will be? Perhaps it's for Children In Need.

Yeah, right....
The picture of broadchested Matilda shows it doesn’t fit her very well. A significant amount of the Velcro is showing. Will we ever see the two dogs wearing matching jackets side by side?

If she wasn't on social media would she really bother with yet another shaggy coat? But she is pathetically desperate to keep up with popular influencers by constantly showing new gear to keep her followers' interest. She vowed to buy only one designer item this season but gave up on that pledge pretty quickly. She claims to love fashion but actually loves the attention and social media comments "you look great Jo", "love the new coat!!!" "what a fashionista!!!".

Instead of boasting about her general ignorance (eg not knowing where China is) and blaming it squarely on her education in Australia she should think about doing an adult education course. Being an OAP many would be free or reduced cost to her, she has Westminster Adult Education near her old yoga studio, plus University of Westminster and City of Westminster College offer short courses.

But she couldn't resist turning it into content "I'm going back to school!!!", imagine her feigning interest in a topic, lapping up the "good for you" "you are such an inspiration Jo" comments and then abandoning it due to being too busy with 15hrs work per week and "meetings".

Last edited:
There's a cafe opening soon on Westbourne Grove called Pawsitive Cafe, its website bills it as "London's first cafe for you and your furry friends". Surely there are already other such cafes, not least the one in that townhouse where Anna Webb works, come to think of it, she's been sutprisingly quiet about that, I wonder if she is still involved.

There's a cafe opening soon on Westbourne Grove called Pawsitive Cafe, its website bills it as "London's first cafe for you and your furry friends". Surely there are already other such cafes, not least the one in that townhouse where Anna Webb works, come to think of it, she's been sutprisingly quiet about that, I wonder if she is still involved.
Hark, another dog cafe. Most cafes and pubs in London allow dogs in now.

i just checked their Instagram account and she’s been liking their posts. She seems to have been hired as the nutritionist to put together their dog menu.

Last edited:
Hark, another dog cafe. Most cafes and pubs in London allow dogs in now.

i just checked their Instagram account and she’s been liking their posts. She seems to have been hired as the nutritionist to put together their dog menu.
That seems like her input there has been reduced, when the place was first mentioned Jo said Anna would be working from there once a week.

That seems like her input there has been reduced, when the place was first mentioned Jo said Anna would be working from there once a week.
Yes, that’s true. I wonder what she was supposed to be doing on that one day. Maybe she is there once a week, if she gets appointments. Easy enough to telephone them and enquire. It seems to be mostly a doggy day care place, plus grooming, across two buildings with the added cafe for dogs and people, plus a vet and nurse offering treatments. No prices listed. You have to enquire.

I noticed that the cafe lists all sorts of rules like the dogs must eat off the floor on dishes provided by the cafe. That doesn’t gel with Anna’s habit of putting her dogs’ bottoms up on tables. Wonder if she’s pushing the Paleoridge food seeing as she gets it for free. 😠

Last edited:
She’s claiming in her flog today in writing that the ‘Hobbs haul’ is not sponsored. She provided a link to Hobbs on the flog that led to the clothes she had displayed and modelled. They are part of a 40th anniversary collection. She had two jumpers that she claimed were cashmere but one of her commenters said they are 3% cashmere. She did mucho modelling of the outfits on her rooftop. She called a dog collar that matched the dog coat a belt.

Nothing was shown of the house party except for George in her flat. I presume she’s been told not to film it.

She said she would be showing more items she’d been sent in the run up to Christmas.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.