Jo Good #5 Stuck on 27K, my YouTube won't grow. But, hey, why not plug it on my BBC show?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's dreadful. A lot of athlete's have qualifications and achieve great things in their career. But if they have no charisma, or don't click with the audience it's doomed.
I don’t have much of an option about her yet. I didn’t listen to her sports broadcasting. I’ve only heard her cover for Robert once or twice and possibly Minx. I posted above to show that she appeared to study and gain quite a few qualifications. Someone on Minx’s latest Instagram post claimed Jeanette wasn’t a journalist like she was. 😳

There is a lot of info about her in her Wiki page.

Yes, I saw that, the shoes are Sole Bliss. I think they are a small company so they probably can't do much for her so she's not too conerned about sucking up to them.

It is surprising that she's not still at the coast with this weather, she said last week that she would be at Carrot's caf on Sunday with her brother so she must've come back for something. I really can't imagine her bothering with too much F2F prep, even for the new show, her idea of prep is barking "set it up George". She could do it all on the phone or Zoom and show up at 9:35 on her first night and wing it. She might be planning on throwing a sickie on her Sunday.
i looked up the cafe - it’s called Carats if it’s the one in Shoreham. Why would she announce she was going to be there with her brother unless she was hoping to be deluged by fans?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I think she's dreadful. A lot of athlete's have qualifications and achieve great things in their career. But if they have no charisma, or don't click with the audience it's doomed.
I have heard her a few times on the Saturday Women's sport programme and couldn't warm to her. Perhaps it was the subject matter that didn't appeal to me, but I also found her delivery very stilted. Maybe I should give her a listen next week in her new slot, but I don't think I can be bothered.

Dare I say again, more box-ticking...?

Reactions: 1
I have heard her a few times on the Saturday Women's sport programme and couldn't warm to her. Perhaps it was the subject matter that didn't appeal to me, but I also found her delivery very stilted. Maybe I should give her a listen next week in her new slot, but I don't think I can be bothered.

Dare I say again, more box-ticking...?
You can say it all the time! I was just pointing out her ’experience’ - I’m trying to be fair.

I didn’t care for Duncan Barkes when he first started even though he had a lot of radio experience. Found him quite overbearing, he frequently cut normal (not rude) callers off and he played extremely loud heavy rock late on the show, which wasn’t appropriate that late. This was before Radio London started to introduce music on a regular basis. He softened a lot over the years he was there.

Reactions: 2

New thread folks.

i looked up the cafe - it’s called Carats if it’s the one in Shoreham. Why would she announce she was going to be there with her brother unless she was hoping to be deluged by fans?
Carats! LOL, I was picturing a vegetarian cafe!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.