Jo Good #4 My roof terrace - the BT Tower, a whiff of roses & Matilda's golden shower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew it he's a trolley dolly. :ROFLMAO:
Another thought, he could have also waited outside the BBC and followed her after work. He kuves in Brighton, what are the chances of bumping into her in John Lewis in London.

I’m also not saying he meant her harm.

Another thought, he could have also waited outside the BBC and followed her after work. He kuves in Brighton, what are the chances of bumping into her in John Lewis in London.

I’m also not saying he meant her harm.
Lives, not kuves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Moon faced George dodges a bullet there......rubbing fake tan on MAM’s back would be like playing a washboard.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Someone else was filming her in her vlog of 5 August 2018 titled Should I Move? It’s when she gave a tour of the top floor ‘penthouse’ flat. She started her channel in February 2018, so shes been doing it for almost 3.5 years. Can’t believe her camera work hasn’t improved.

Moon faced George dodges a bullet there......rubbing fake tan on MAM’s back would be like playing a washboard.
LOL, was it you or another poster who first pointed out George's moon face and that's why he tries to hide it with a beard? :LOL: Most definitely he dodged the bullet - he knows when or when not to fawn over MAM. As for the washboard back, I didn't know whether to laugh or recoil, I just don't want to think about her scrawniness.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I found it very strange that she's been saying for a while that she used to love her back but it has now "gone", but then draws attention to it by filming herself in a back-revealing dress; I mean she can wear what she likes but to actively display her back to a colleague and vlog it is really strange, was she fishing for compliments?

ETA: MAM has the week off the radio show but said she's not going away and will be vlogging during the week. Anna Webb is in residence today at that place on King's Road that sounds like a private members' club for dogs, so I'm sure that will feature and as well as being promoted via the vlog on the Barking Hour next week.

I might listen today. I'd had enough of Claira Hermet sitting in for Robert Elms last week because she seems such an uncomfortable fit for that slot. But she's less unsuitable-sounding on the afternoon show, at least the droppin' of her gs is on-brand.

I thought it was interesting that Vanessa gave Claira a positve intro one day last week, saying she'd seen Claira's Insta, seeming impressed with her other activities around health and fitness. Vanessa has never said anything abut Jo's socials. I know V is not that internet savvy but one of her daughters is now a keen baking blogger so I would wager that she's made V aware of Jo's threads on Tattle and a few sniggers have been had.

Allegra Benitah @challahmummy

Last edited:
I found it very strange that she's been saying for a while that she used to love her back but it has now "gone", but then draws attention to it by filming herself in a back-revealing dress; I mean she can wear what she likes but to actively display her back to a colleague and vlog it is really strange, was she fishing for compliments?

ETA: MAM has the week off the radio show but said she's not going away and will be vlogging during the week. Anna Webb is in residence today at that place on King's Road that sounds like a private members' club for dogs, so I'm sure that will feature and as well as being promoted via the vlog on the Barking Hour next week.

I might listen today. I'd had enough of Claira Hermet sitting in for Robert Elms last week because she seems such an uncomfortable fit for that slot. But she's less unsuitable-sounding on the afternoon show, at least the droppin' of her gs is on-brand.

I thought it was interesting that Vanessa gave Claira a positve intro one day last week, saying she'd seen Claira's Insta, seeming impressed with her other activities around health and fitness. Vanessa has never said anything abut Jo's socials. I know V is not that internet savvy but one of her daughters is now a keen baking blogger so I would wager that she's made V aware of Jo's threads on Tattle and a few sniggers have been had.

Vanessa is a strange one. I used to see her around Hampstead, and she always gave me dirty looks. I think she might have a problem with other women. Remember she was really obese. Went on about how it didn't bother her. Then her husband left her, and she went mad dieting and keeping fit. Then she had a gastric band or something. Her car was the same as Jonathan Ross's wife's, a little Noddy mobile. Then she had that meltdown on Big Brother. However, she is very well educated, as are her daughters. I think Jo would get right on her nerves.

Vanessa is a strange one. I used to see her around Hampstead, and she always gave me dirty looks. I think she might have a problem with other women. Remember she was really obese. Went on about how it didn't bother her. Then her husband left her, and she went mad dieting and keeping fit. Then she had a gastric band or something. Her car was the same as Jonathan Ross's wife's, a little Noddy mobile. Then she had that meltdown on Big Brother. However, she is very well educated, as are her daughters. I think Jo would get right on her nerves.
I can’t listen even to five minutes of her, that voice grates on my nerves. In fact, compared to a few years ago I rarely listen to BBC London now, there was a time when I never moved that dial!

Not sure if this has been posted. Jo Wood is in Hello, she mentions the relaunch of her line and this is the weblink that is referenced.
Thanks @House of Tea That's very interesting - it's a coincidence that Jo G did a vlogged "purchase" of Jo W's items at the time of this relaunch.

Was it an ad that she actively denied was such, filmed as if it was a personal purchase? Or was MAM trying to butter up Jo W knowing that there could be opportunities with the relaunch?

Thanks @House of Tea That's very interesting - it's a coincidence that Jo G did a vlogged "purchase" of Jo W's items at the time of this relaunch.

Was it an ad that she actively denied was such, filmed as if it was a personal purchase? Or was MAM trying to butter up Jo W knowing that there could be opportunities with the relaunch?
Strange coincidental timing, isn’t it? My bet is that Jo mentioned it to MAM. MAM said she had a bottle that she rationed to make it last, from Jo’s last foray into business. Odd MAM looked around for it again right now on the off chance that Jo was up and running again, particularly when the link was hidden/hard to find. I smell a rate not patchouli oil!

• Haha
I can’t listen even to five minutes of her, that voice grates on my nerves. In fact, compared to a few years ago I rarely listen to BBC London now, there was a time when I never moved that dial!
The same here. I used to love Vanessa but can no longer listen. Not only has she become too overbearing, I don't like the introduction of pointless music in the last hour of her programme. I have also given up on Robert. Jo's the only one I have stuck with but only until 3pm. She's great value these days to listen to what she says on-air compared to what she posts on her Flog.

Vanessa is all over her boyfriend Ben’s Insta account. @bigbenofoedu

Allegra gets lots of freebies and labels them gifted.

Claira said she qualified as a PT.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Same here. It used to be such a good station. It's sad because you could always rely on it whatever time of day.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
What did Claira say that she just apologised for, after saying something when she left her mike open? I've wound back a bit but couldn't find anything, could they have cut it that quickly? (I am listening on DAB).

• Wow
Reactions: 1
What did Claira say that she just apologised for, after saying something when she left her mike open? I've wound back a bit but couldn't find anything, could they have cut it that quickly? (I am listening on DAB).
I heard her say that but not what she said to say that.
She has a habit of leaving her mike open.

Heard that Eddie Nestor is sitting in for Vanessa for two weeks. They used to have Petrie Hosken frequently but have been using other women. Who will sit in for him? Salma? Jim Davis?

The same here. I used to love Vanessa but can no longer listen. Not only has she become too overbearing, I don't like the introduction of pointless music in the last hour of her programme. I have also given up on Robert. Jo's the only one I have stuck with but only until 3pm. She's great value these days to listen to what she says on-air compared to what she posts on her Flog.
Why don’t you just turn down the volume during the meditation and music and then listen afterwards do you can join us on here discussing her faux pas?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Same here. It used to be such a good station. It's sad because you could always rely on it whatever time of day.
You’ve got that spot on! And it does make me sad, I always knew I could turn on and be entertained by really individual presenters. Hey, ho, they really were the good old days 🥲

I just remembered the "old Lags" who were superfans of Simon L & Jo G, they would sometimes meet in Regents Park, I remember Jo one time saying the police had got wind of the meeting and were trying to stop it as they thought they really were old lags. They must've disbanded now that Simon is (sadly) no longer broadcasting but it's strange we've not heard of a splinter group, maybe they hang out on YT comments individually.

I just remembered the "old Lags" who were superfans of Simon L & Jo G, they would sometimes meet in Regents Park, I remember Jo one time saying the police had got wind of the meeting and were trying to stop it as they thought they really were old lags. They must've disbanded now that Simon is (sadly) no longer broadcasting but it's strange we've not heard of a splinter group, maybe they hang out on YT comments individually.
Oh yes. One of them died last year (suicide) he used to give Eileen from West Dulwich (also dead) rides into town and another has been ill with cancer and I think might do some work with the Wandsworth community station Jason Rosam set up.

Quite a few if the listeners Simon, Jo and Bif George had have died. 🙁 Most recently Kit from Hackney.

• Sad
I don’t listen to the station at all now. I used to listen to Vanessa in the morning on my morning walk, and then Jo in the afternoon. I gave up listening to Vanessa, in fairness not because of her, but the depressing content - Grenfell, BREXIT, then Covid. I still listened to Jo but once I became disenchanted with her vlogs the radio show lost it’s appeal too. I have always found Elms to be smug. Eddie Nestor is okay but on at the wrong time for me.

If I want to listen to audio it’s podcasts for me.

Why don’t you just turn down the volume during the meditation and music and then listen afterwards do you can join us on here discussing her faux pas?
This is exactly what I used to do when the meditation was at 4 pm. Now I have rearranged my afternoon schedule and miss half of her programme, so thanks to you and other posters for your comments to keep me updated when I can't listen live (y)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.