Jo Good #11 Wants out of BBC, craves luxe all the way, options are limited, at the Beeb she must stay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If someone is really immune to criticism they ignore it completely don’t they. I found the Tattle thread while searching Jo alongside BBC or something. I quite liked her vlogs at first. I didn‘t know then about her flaunting the rules regarding advertising. I didn’t know about the BBC regs on promoting outside interests/affiliations. So thanks very much Tattlers for the info. All of her ‘lifestyle‘ content is advertising, just one sales pitch after another now. Oh I’ve just remembered …..I used to love watching Dick Emery’s show on TV when I was a kid. I could just imagine him doing a character like Jo going up and down Marylebone High Street filming chats with ‘subscribers’ and well dressed folks and breaking into the odd 60’s dance routine as they nip in and out the shops 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thread Title Suggestion: Jo Good#12 Says Everyone On Tattle Is A Troll, If She Keeps Plugging Her Insta On Air, She'll End Up On The Dole

Thread Title Suggestion: Jo Good#12 Says Everyone On Tattle Is A Troll, If She Keeps Plugging Her Insta On Air, She'll End Up On The Dole
I love the title but I have to say I have strong reservations about including the T**ll word. It might result in more people finding us if people search her name and that word - which is good - but I think associating it in any way with GOB, even humorously, in the semi-permanent form of thread title will play into her hands as playing the vicitm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I didn't catch any of last night's show. Forgot to add re Monday night's show on the topic of radio listening habits, I listened a bit longer and Peter from West Hampstead phoned in, said he was quite disappointed in Boom Radio and GOB was quick to say how popular the station is, how good the Rajar numbers are, etc. She'll probably clip it and include it with her job application. Although, as much as she'll eventually want another radio gig, it would pain her ego to be on a specifically "oldies" station, being pictured with the other "middle aged" presenters in the lineup, instead of amongst the young-uns at the BBC and influencers events.

Peter from WH also said that many radio stations have stupid thirty somethings (I paraphrase) answering the phones, saying they don't know what's going on. He also said he submitted a FOI request, I think about the music playlist at the Beeb IIRC. Bit weird.

I had a quick look for Jules comments on the vlog but couldn't find them, perhaps some deletion/removal has been going on. Very wise on Jo's part if she's deleted the offending posts - after all, how would it look if Middle Aged Minx's YouTube comment section was hosting doxxy posts put there by a loyal follower?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
What i have noticed is that she continually has listeners who ring up to tell her how terribly sad they are that she is not on in the afternoon still, and then passive aggressively huffs along agreeing with them. Bitter is not a good look - especially when you are on air at the BBC FFS!!

What i have noticed is that she continually has listeners who ring up to tell her how terribly sad they are that she is not on in the afternoon still, and then passive aggressively huffs along agreeing with them. Bitter is not a good look - especially when you are on air at the BBC FFS!!
BIB - I know right, this has been a feature of her show since September 2021!

Last night's show opened with her talking about her vloggin' side-hustle, whingeing again about being asked not to film, she said it was outside in public as it was on a "cut-through" in a development of luxury flats, but I suspect it was actually private land but on a path that the estate makes available as pedestrian thoroughfare - I once lived on a development wih a similar arrangement. She did a Karen and spoke to the security manager who then allowed her to film. She protested that she was only filming herself which is why he might have agreed, I doubt she told him that the footage is for broadcast on YouTube. The additional benefit to GOB was a crowd gathered to see what was happening, although she was pleased she was not recognised, saying that would be "embarassing". This behaviour, and the retelling of it, is such peak-narc.

What a shame she yelps like a trod-on dog all over "my houseband" the Jive Aces, unlistenable.

• Heart
I heard that too. The squeaking and gibbering over the tunes was deeply cringe. Mention of the band ‘not getting paid for this’…why would you not pay them?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I heard that too. The squeaking and gibbering over the tunes was deeply cringe. Mention of the band ‘not getting paid for this’…why would you not pay them?
I learned on these threads (or the BBC threads) that the Beeb does not pay contributors, presumably they appear for their own reasons, self-promotion I suppose. Despite this being the case, there's no need for GOB to constantly point this out, it's rude in the extreme, she also does it to the Chewin' the Fat contributors. Narcs love showing off that people do special favours for them.

• Heart
Her show works better late at night. The talk show etc is what people want to listen to with a glass of wine or three.

I don't know why she is still getting up at half 6 in the morning, surely her circadian rhythm would have adjusted by now. I used to do a mixture of early morning and late night shifts and I preferred the late night ones by far. It's easier to wake up later in the day, when the sun is out than dark mornings. Your body thinks it should still be asleep.

Reactions: 5
I've just watched the interview on This Morning with Vanessa about the affair. Poor Vanessa is absolutely heart broken. GOB liking Ben's post like a randy witch on heat was really insensitive. Vanessa was her colleague. Solidarity obviously doesn't mean much to GOB.

• Heart
I've just watched the interview on This Morning with Vanessa about the affair. Poor Vanessa is absolutely heart broken. GOB liking Ben's post like a randy witch on heat was really insensitive. Vanessa was her colleague. Solidarity obviously doesn't mean much to GOB.
GOB is so jealous of Vanessa that she wasn't bothered kicking her while she was down.

I didn't listen to the show last night. I wonder if GOB mentioned Vivienne Westwood's memorial service held at Southwark Cathedral, photos of the attendees were all over the media yesterday. I saw Jo Wood was there, it's a wonder Jo Good didn't turn up claiming there was a typo on the guest list.

• Haha
This weeks vlog felt like the original ones, a bit more London focused. That chapel is stunning. If I am ever in the area on a day that it is open, I am going to visit. I love these peeks into hidden London. The music was lovely. Does anyone know what it is?

As a complete aside, just found out that Fenwicks in Bond Street is closing. Another iconic department store hitting the dust. Such a shame.

This weeks vlog felt like the original ones, a bit more London focused. That chapel is stunning. If I am ever in the area on a day that it is open, I am going to visit. I love these peeks into hidden London. The music was lovely. Does anyone know what it is?

As a complete aside, just found out that Fenwicks in Bond Street is closing. Another iconic department store hitting the dust. Such a shame.
It's 'O Mio Babbino Caro' (Puccini).

Reactions: 3

Oh I might give it a watch then. I think Maria Callas sings on the Puccini piece.

I agree about Fenwick's going, such a shame. Department stores seem to be becoming part of history, which is also a shame. I love mooching round them, particularly if you aren't quite sure what you're looking for and sometimes it's easier to look round the fashion departments in them than feeling intimidated in the bricks-and-mortar shop versions of them. I think at one point they must have been a space where women felt welcome and could (legitimately) spend a reasonable time alone.

Reactions: 7
I agree about Fenwick's going, such a shame. Department stores seem to be becoming part of history, which is also a shame. I love mooching round them, particularly if you aren't quite sure what you're looking for and sometimes it's easier to look round the fashion departments in them than feeling intimidated in the bricks-and-mortar shop versions of them. I think at one point they must have been a space where women felt welcome and could (legitimately) spend a reasonable time alone.
I have been meaning to get this for a while, but it is often out of stock. I have just bought it. I think the problem for a lot of department stores was they started selling loads of stock and dumbed down the quality. Or the stock was unimaginative, the same as everywhere else. The glamour went. Even now you go into a smallish town and there is say a John Lewis and the clothes they sell as concessions also have a standalone shop in the same place, like Seasalt, Fatface etc. Why not give the people in that town more variety? Why replicate what is in the smaller shops? Shopping in places like In Europe used to be great, and they still have great department shops but they also now have Primark and too many chains. Smaller shops is where it’s at now.
Amazon product

I'm not surprised GOB was questioned by security while filming around the Pearson Square apartments. On her radio show last week she stridently declared that it was her right to do so as she was in public. In fact that development is privately owned land so any public access is at the estate's discretion. She wasn't on a City of Westminster pavement, this shows she's as arrogant as she is thick. Said she passed by the area for years on her way to the theatre and the development seemed to pop up out of nowhere. In fact the demolition and build caused upheaval in that area for many years.
The chapel is within the estate footprint, it's a really pretty secular space and is available for event hire. I went to an exhibition there a while back. GOB saying you can visit for quiet contemplation, trying to act respectful by whispering while filming herself. 🤪

GOB must've been disappointed coming away from the Hobbs showroom presentation with only a goody bag of random bits, and not a suede jacket.

Told Sandra the Austria trip might not go ahead.

The opening of the vlog was her tryin' to act all 'umble, pointing out she's not like the successful real influencers. All of a sudden she's feeling the need to act the amateur, playing down the commercial aspect of her vlog, perhaps she's being investigated after so many years of blatantly advertising and not observing the ASA code.

• Heart
Judging by the comments, her subscribers love the quirky London bits, which is why I liked her vlog at first too, she used to do a lot of that. She should do more of that with all her fashion/beauty stuff. Her international fans lap it up. She has something that the vloggers she idolises do not have. London as a backdrop, a interesting career to fall back on, lots of quirky friends. A lot of these influencers are bored rich housewives being bankrolled by some banker husband. But they are identikit. MAM’s USP is her age, her zest for life, access to interesting people and places. She does herself a disservice by looking up to others who are just clones of each other.

Reactions: 9
I don't think she looks up to those other influencers, she's just using them as a handy "Gosh, I'm just little ol' me, I'm not like other vloggers" comparator.

I agree about department stores, even before the pandemic they'd changed a lot, they're now just shopping centres, only difference is they have zoned concession areas instead of individual storefronts. And the luxury department stores are now like airports, or vice versa. That book looks interesting.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.