Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aaaaaaand, back to Ken 'Monocle' Bailey (Bournemouth) being one of James cronies down there.

That's Ken in the red jacket with the flag covering up the streaker on the pitch!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Aaaaaaand, back to Ken 'Monocle' Bailey (Bournemouth) being one of James cronies down there.

That's Ken in the red jacket with the flag covering up the streaker on the pitch!

I think her name was Erica 😂 I can remember her...edit to say I just saw it's in the title .

• Haha
Reactions: 4
before Savile retired from regular TV appearances in 94 I,d been thinking he wasn't the right age to be fronting a kids show

he seemed at a complete loss and not up to date with the stuff young folk loved

for example if a kid wanted to meet East 17 and wrote asking for his help

I believe he should have been dropped as Fix It host for somebody far younger and more in tune with youth culture

would've been a much more bearable show if they went on with a new host instead of ending it

it would've felt like a fresher more youthful format after TWENTY BLOODY YEARS OF SAVILE

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
before Savile retired from regular TV appearances in 94 I,d been thinking he wasn't the right age to be fronting a kids show

for example if a kid wanted to meet East 17 and wrote asking for his help

I believe he should have been dropped as Fix It host for somebody far younger and more in tune with youth culture

would've been a much more bearable show if they went on with a new host instead of ending it

it would've felt like a fresher more youthful format after TWENTY BLOODY YEARS OF SAVILE
James would never have allowed that! It was HIS show. I absolutely hated it. He gave me the creeps - the eyes - eugh

Reactions: 10

I recall he appeared on Going Live in 1993, answering questions from kids. To a question about the unusual way his hair looked, he answered that it hadn't grown for ages when he was small. 'I was a right Kojak features, I was,' he said of this time. Most of those kids wouldn't have even known who Kojak was. The reference was about fifteen years out of date for a group of children.

Reactions: 6
I recall he appeared on Going Live in 1993, answering questions from kids. To a question about the unusual way his hair looked, he answered that it hadn't grown for ages when he was small. 'I was a right Kojak features, I was,' he said of this time. Most of those kids wouldn't have even known who Kojak was. The reference was about fifteen years out of date for a group of children.
To be fair it was a less ageist time for presenters on tv. All the generations were represented (by men tbf!) and presenters were defo older than they are now, or is that just me getting old? I guess women were always beautiful or young? Apart from Esther... (meoowwww)

(Am I the only one who tries to dawdle chat at the end of a thread so we can start the new one with the good stuff!) 😆

Reactions: 1
If that's Esther Rantzen, I thought she looked okay when she was young. I don't have a good vibe about her though.
There's an interview online with her where when asked about James she puts her head in her hands. It's really uncomfortable viewing. She is about 5ft you know. Tiny wee thing.

This pic always gives me the creeps.

esther-savile-gold.jpg

Reactions: 4
There's an interview online with her where when asked about James she puts her head in her hands. It's really uncomfortable viewing. She is about 5ft you know. Tiny wee thing.

This pic always gives me the creeps.

View attachment 1212582
If you mean that part of either the ITV documentary or the BBC follow-up, where she's shown some of the victims talking and then puts her fingers to her eyes and pauses before speaking, that looked to me liked she was just putting on an act of being emotionally affected.

If you mean that part of either the ITV documentary or the BBC follow-up, where she's shown some of the victims talking and then puts her fingers to her eyes and pauses before speaking, that looked to me liked she was just putting on an act of being emotionally affected.
Yup, I think she is hiding those eye balls because she know's how close she let him and can't bear to look those poor girls in the eyes. Whether she used him for her own ego wishes to become the countries 'saviour of kids' or she knew more I know not. The family connections to who actually own child-line could be considered by some a little too much for coincidinks though.

Soooo I was dawdling over on Secret Gossip Thread and they have just been mentioning old Una and the coffee table incident. Didn't Una run a little foul of some higher ups after the below, 1974 edition of Til Death Us do Part, slating Cyril Smith, James and Ted Heath???

WATCH THIS (We need an Una thread, she's a bloody hero!)

• Heart
Yup, I think she is hiding those eye balls because she know's how close she let him and can't bear to look those poor girls in the eyes. Whether she used him for her own ego wishes to become the countries 'saviour of kids' or she knew more I know not. The family connections to who actually own child-line could be considered by some a little too much for coincidinks though.
Wasn't there allegations that they were using childline to identify children that were vulnerable, so they could be targeted for abuse.

I definitely read that somewherw but it may have been a chat forum rather than news.

• Sad
Wasn't there allegations that they were using childline to identify children that were vulnerable, so they could be targeted for abuse.

I definitely read that somewherw but it may have been a chat forum rather than news.
I did. And can see how some people may well of been suggested to work for or facilitate training and staff for such a call line. A hot phone for anyone who was brought up celeb wise? A department with a special process for handling those calls? I can see how it could be implemented without Esther knowing tbh, she wasn't doing the dirty day work like that, she was testing James coins wiv 'er teef.

Reactions: 5
What are the connections?
I’ve never been a fan of Esther because she had an affair with her best friends husband 😱

• Wow
I’ve never been a fan of Esther because she had an affair with her best friends husband 😱
Gimme a little while, I am trying to separate fact from fiction on that one. In the meantime, back to Una.....

Didn't she beard for Kitty for a bit? What has she round her neck, a kitty collar?!? Cliffs fringe and sideburns are awful 😂

kitty-una.jpg

Aaaand, now I know about the Una's 'coffee table' incident I am looking at James poo stick cigars in a whole new light!

savile-poo-stick.jpg

Top of the Poops....

Last edited:
I thought Sue Barker was Kitty’s beard .

Is it Desmond you mean or did she do the dirty on him too 😏

Last edited:
Soooo I was dawdling over on Secret Gossip Thread and they have just been mentioning old Una and the coffee table incident. Didn't Una run a little foul of some higher ups after the below, 1974 edition of Til Death Us do Part, slating Cyril Smith, James and Ted Heath???

WATCH THIS (We need an Una thread, she's a bloody hero!)

Was that scripted or unscripted, do you think?

Was that scripted or unscripted, do you think?
My guess would be scripted.

In the '70's ‘Kitchen sink dramas’ were in lots of popular literature and tv, opening up conversations amongst viewers/families about sexism, racism, poverty and the class divide.

Not all of it was brain numbing mind wash jinglyyy janglllyyyy James with his big poo stick baiting kids left right and centre, or Esther doing 'That's Life'. Such a common phrase then. I remember saying to my parents something or other wasn't fair, and they would say 'Lifes not fair' or 'That's Life' like a bloody mantra. 😂

I thought Sue Barker was Kitty’s beard .

Is it Desmond you mean or did she do the dirty on him too 😏
Barker came later, colour tv, tennis and strawberries. Una covered I think more when Cliff was touring with Billy Graham finding god.

And I forgot the obvious, Una was in 'The Young Ones' film with Cliff.

Dancing and posing.

external-content.duckduckgo-1.jpg

Did 'The Young Ones' the comedy with Rik etc ever make ref to James?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.