Jimmy Savile

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they have already been hammered wasn't there a public inquiry and they came out of it very badly?
Oh I know, but by making it themselves they might try to downplay their own role in it (like focussing more on what he did in hospitals, schools etc).

When it was all coming out a bloke at work said "oh of course he's not a paedophile, it would have come out sooner, what with CRB checks and all that", completely missing that at the time that kind of vetting wasn't in place 🙄

Reactions: 7
Oh I know, but by making it themselves they might try to downplay their own role in it (like focussing more on what he did in hospitals, schools etc).

When it was all coming out a bloke at work said "oh of course he's not a paedophile, it would have come out sooner, what with CRB checks and all that", completely missing that at the time that kind of vetting wasn't in place 🙄
Even if CRB was in use it wouldn't have helped as you have to have committed an offence plenty of peadophiles unfortunately pass CRB as never been caught

Even if CRB was in use it wouldn't have helped as you have to have committed an offence plenty of peadophiles unfortunately pass CRB as never been caught

Reactions: 4
I’m hoping that the doc is going to give a perspective and not just some filmed timeline of events. For example there was an article in the guardian recently of the two bbc journalists, one of which has since died, who were treated very badly for investigating after saviles death.
anything Else would be pretty Crass and an insult to his victims.

Reactions: 3

Exactly, you have to have committed an offence, been caught, and convicted 🤷 but of course I, a woman who works in HR, must be wrong because A Man said so 😉

Reactions: 2
I’m hoping that the doc is going to give a perspective and not just some filmed timeline of events. For example there was an article in the guardian recently of the two bbc journalists, one of which has since died, who were treated very badly for investigating after saviles death.
anything Else would be pretty Crass and an insult to his victims.
Yes she was called Liz Mackean and she made a documentary about him and when he died the BBC knowingly chose to show the tributes etc,not the documentary highlighting all the allegations etc. She had a stroke in her early 50s and died. Very sad.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes she was called Liz Mackean and she made a documentary about him and when he died the BBC knowingly chose to show the tributes etc,not the documentary highlighting all the allegations etc. She had a stroke in her early 50s and died. Very sad.
Yes - this would be worthwhile - reminds me of the Fred west drama which focused on his volunteer interview supporter?

Was watching a youtube video earlier about Johnny Rotten (I've completed Netflix 😂 ) and I had no idea he spoke out against Savile in the 70's. If he knew about it then it must have been a very open thing. Shame on all involved.

Reactions: 16
Does anyone have thoughts on the allegations that he and other celebrities abused the late Claire McAlpine and she kept a diary? Sad story no matter what the truth is.

Reactions: 5
The BBC knew that Savile was a savage pedalo since the 70s and covered it up. For some reason we still pay the BBC to be our national broadcaster. I can’t think of any more blatant way to let pedalos know that they can get away with it if they’re powerful enough.

savile became close mates with the Yorkshire ripper when the ripper was in broadmoor. One of the Ripper’s victims was found very close to Jimmy Savile’s back garden. There are a number of old coppers in the local forces who believe that Savile knew the Ripper when he was active and may have been involved with his crimes.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
The BBC knew that Savile was a savage pedalo since the 70s and covered it up. For some reason we still pay the BBC to be our national broadcaster. I can’t think of any more blatant way to let pedalos know that they can get away with it if they’re powerful enough.

savile became close mates with the Yorkshire ripper when the ripper was in broadmoor. One of the Ripper’s victims was found very close to Jimmy Savile’s back garden. There are a number of old coppers in the local forces who believe that Savile knew the Ripper when he was active and may have been involved with his crimes.
I have said it before on here - as young teenagers in West Yorkshire in early 60's we knew to keep away from him when he was working the Mecca dancehalls near to where we lived.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Me too 😔. I don’t think we’ll ever know the true extent of his crimes or the amount of lives he ruined.

I wonder if someone has the diary.
I read somewhere that it still exists, I think the cops have it.

I wonder who the celebrity was that Claire had supposedly spent the night with.

I have said it before on here - as young teenagers in West Yorkshire in early 60's we knew to keep away from him when he was working the Mecca dancehalls near to where we lived.
Interesting. My dad told me he was a n0nce over 20 years ago, no personal encounter it was just "known". There was a thread running about JS activities on Digitalspy for years before JS was exposed.

Claire allegedly spent the night with a "US Singer who is still touring"

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I read somewhere that it still exists, I think the cops have it.

I wonder who the celebrity was that Claire had supposedly spent the night with.

Interesting. My dad told me he was a n0nce over 20 years ago, no personal encounter it was just "known". There was a thread running about JS activities on Digitalspy for years before JS was exposed.

Claire allegedly spent the night with a "US Singer who is still touring"

This was dated 2016 - wonder why it has not been revealed who it was or is this another pay off ?

Reactions: 1
This was dated 2016 - wonder why it has not been revealed who it was or is this another pay off ?
I looked at the list of artists on totp in 1971 up to march when Claire died and see about 3 names that seem to fit the description of a "US singer in their 70s in 2016".
You could be right, a payoff, threat of legal action from the singer, or maybe cops have looked into it and insufficient evidence. Apparently this singers name was in the diary.

I also saw it mentioned that Claire had written in the diary about nights with others (e.g. Rock Hudson) that don't seem credible. It would be interesting to see the actual passages. Maybe it is fantasy - or maybe something genuinely happened and the authorities are keen to paint it as fantasy.

The other possibility is that this friend disclosing the info about the night with the singer is lying and looking for publicity, it happens sometimes.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if the singer in question justified what happened with the Girl because she would be a Woman Soon.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.