Jim and Sarah Chapman #8 2023 The year of doing less

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so he's chosen to tell the world he isn't bonding with his kid in order to advertise Betterhelp? that is absolutely sick.

is he also claiming he's using BetterHelp to fill in the gap while his therapist is on holiday? because no ethical therapist would be happy about this...
admittedly i didn't finish watching because he makes my skin crawl

• Wow
Reactions: 29
The therapeutic bond is often built on validating and affirming clients. When you do that with a narcissist you validate and strengthen all the wrong things as their view of themselves, their behaviour, the world and others is so warped. Making a narcissist right and the world wrong is awful for anyone in the narcissist's life outside of the therapy room, but it would be really enjoyable for the narcissist themselves to be affirmed and supported in this way.......👀
Interesting thought. This has never been my experience and I've had a LOT of therapy. I think it depends on the therapist perhaps? My therapists always took me very seriously and listened to what I had to say but when I was wrong about something they did tell me or gave me food for thought to think things through / make me see a different perspective / etc.
I have never been to a therapist who just tells me yes you are right all the time. Many of my friends who have been in therapy tell me the same thing, a good therapist has to be fair and not just be an echo chamber.
However, if you have a not-so-good therapist, perhaps that person is not as confident and strong and doesn't know how to give patients a different perspective, in that case I can totally see how it can make a client worse. Or like... idk a life coach or something. I mean look at Zoe, she's been with her "therapist" (who is not a therapist at all!) for ages and is doing worse and worse. If you have a similar person for someone like Jim it could totally make him even worse.
I never even thought about something like this, interesting to think about and thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: 5
Interesting thought. This has never been my experience and I've had a LOT of therapy. I think it depends on the therapist perhaps? My therapists always took me very seriously and listened to what I had to say but when I was wrong about something they did tell me or gave me food for thought to think things through / make me see a different perspective / etc.
I have never been to a therapist who just tells me yes you are right all the time. Many of my friends who have been in therapy tell me the same thing, a good therapist has to be fair and not just be an echo chamber.
However, if you have a not-so-good therapist, perhaps that person is not as confident and strong and doesn't know how to give patients a different perspective, in that case I can totally see how it can make a client worse. Or like... idk a life coach or something. I mean look at Zoe, she's been with her "therapist" (who is not a therapist at all!) for ages and is doing worse and worse. If you have a similar person for someone like Jim it could totally make him even worse.
I never even thought about something like this, interesting to think about and thank you for sharing this.
I think if you find a therapist on Better it may well be like this. Obviously thete ate also good therapists there but wasn't there that whole scandal of them hiring people who weren't properly qualified?

Reactions: 3
Poor Margot has zero idea what is going on in Sarah’s latest activity post(stolen from Pinterest). Poor kid looks so confused.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
obviously we only see a snippet and sweet little margot might be camera shy/at a different stage of development but i really hope jim and sarah aren't the type of parents who would be in denial if there was some sort of neurodiversity going on there. it's kind of depressing how much they seem to be trying to force her to talk/interact on camera and as a poster said above, often she looks quite confused. poor thing.

Reactions: 17
I think if you find a therapist on Better it may well be like this. Obviously thete ate also good therapists there but wasn't there that whole scandal of them hiring people who weren't properly qualified?
Yeah a lot has come out about Better Help. Definitely not something you want to promote, let alone use. It's sad that their target audience is desperate and vulnerable people, which makes it even sadder ngl.

Reactions: 9
obviously we only see a snippet and sweet little margot might be camera shy/at a different stage of development but i really hope jim and sarah aren't the type of parents who would be in denial if there was some sort of neurodiversity going on there. it's kind of depressing how much they seem to be trying to force her to talk/interact on camera and as a poster said above, often she looks quite confused. poor thing.
Regardless of if she is neurodivergent or not, being on camera like this constantly cannot be good for such a young child. We already see the effect of social media/being aware of being filmed has on teenagers or adults, even young children are a lot more perceptive than we think imo

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
All these insta mums have to try and portray their child has a good understanding but sometimes not all kids do. My eldest was about 3 till she would have. She does look a bit lost- wouldn't anybody living with Jim 😞

I felt lonely when my child was Margo's age cause she was behind developmentally but has recently started to catch up. I think some people feel quite embarrassed by it or think it's something they've done. I think she maybe compares Margo to Ottie who is a lot more socially developed. They all develop differently... I made peace with that's how my daughter was when I just accepted she was behind, and it's ok.

I have no idea if that's the case it's just an observation that I think she is trying to make out Margo's more advanced than she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Regardless of if she is neurodivergent or not, being on camera like this constantly cannot be good for such a young child. We already see the effect of social media/being aware of being filmed has on teenagers or adults, even young children are a lot more perceptive than we think imo
yeah you are so right - i suppose the kids who are ‘good’ on camera have just figured out that’s how they get praise and attention from their parents. so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
All these insta mums have to try and portray their child has a good understanding but sometimes not all kids do. My eldest was about 3 till she would have. She does look a bit lost- wouldn't anybidy living with Jim 😞

I felt lonely when my child was Margo's age cause she was behind developmentally but has recently started to catch up. I think some people feel quite embarrassed by it or think it's something they've done. I think she maybe compares Margo to Ottie who is a lot more socially developed. They all develop differently... I made peace with that's how my daughter was when I just accepted she was behind, and it's ok.

I have no idea if that's the case it's just an observation that I think she is trying to make out Margo's more advanced than she is.
Obviously I don't know you, but I would imagine that you put the time and effort into teaching/spending quality time with your child rather than just shoving a camera in her face and making her pay your bills. This is the issue. They have ALL the time in the world but would rather just earn easy money exploiting (and yes I think this is the correct word) their child

• Sad
Reactions: 9
All these insta mums have to try and portray their child has a good understanding but sometimes not all kids do. My eldest was about 3 till she would have. She does look a bit lost- wouldn't anybidy living with Jim 😞

it definitely feels like they’re forcing an image of her being more advanced which is what is so jarring. Also maybe she’s just shy and that’s ok! i know so many parents who force their kids to interact with people to prove they’re ‘confident’ and i hate it

Reactions: 12
Fml her mouth when she talks!! It's so annoying, she really over exaggerates each movement and it's so bizarre

Reactions: 7
LOL at Sarah posting loving tributes to Jim for their anniversary, while all he's posting is a rant about the cards they got each other.

Also Sarah's video has way too much Jim PDA for my liking 🤮

Reactions: 12
oh my GOD it’s your 1 year anniversary and your ONLY thing to show is posting an instagram story about how ‘hard it’s been’ and you’ve just tried to ‘survive’ ?!??!! I thought I was being a bit harsh on him some times , he does NOT care about this woman at all. I’m actually shocked

Reactions: 20
Big respect to whoever put this comment 😂 it’s so true and Sarah is clearly triggered
He has time all year to post selfies and draw himself but not 10 seconds to post about her giving birth to their two children . I would feel sorry for Sarah but she seems awful too

Reactions: 34
Seriously what has been so hard for them?
Having a new baby(that they presumably wanted), two able bodied adults at home full time to look after Margot(who is also in nursery) so Sarah could rest etc, gifted holidays, nice house that they own and have made how they want it, seemingly decent disposable income going by the money they spend on the house/food/clothes etc. I know it’s all relative but he is so tone deaf.
Try being a single parent Jim, trapped living with a couple of kids in an overcrowded damp infested flat or in temporary accommodation where you have to live in one room, going without meals so you can feed your kids Jim then tell me how hard you have it.
---
Big respect to whoever put this comment 😂 it’s so true and Sarah is clearly triggered
And as for Sarah if it is so exhausting to have people comment(actually quite politely) on their lives then she could always make her social media private so people can’t follow and comment. She won’t do that though, will she.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
If sarah doesn’t want anyone commenting on her VERY public marriage, tell her husband to stop posting VERY PUBLIC negative stories about her. Your husband complains about how miserable he is on his stories everyday, people are going to acknowledge it! No one is insulting her directly, we are just astounded. Sort your husband out or settle for the bare minimum in silence sarah. People aren’t hating on you we are shocked you put up with such a whingy man. At least you got a story on your first anniversary though right? where he talked about how miserable your first year of marriage has been….

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.