Jill Dando Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just read that and came here to see if there was a thread for Jill. I'm convinced it was Barry George. Why did he go to those women who knew him and had seen him and try to convince them he'd worn different clothes the day before?

The reason nobody was caught/seen was because George was nearby and he just happened to come across Jill, but I believe he was looking for a woman to attack anyway because he had plenty of form for it.

Reactions: 3
I just read that and came here to see if there was a thread for Jill. I'm convinced it was Barry George. Why did he go to those women who knew him and had seen him and try to convince them he'd worn different clothes the day before?

The reason nobody was caught/seen was because George was nearby and he just happened to come across Jill, but I believe he was looking for a woman to attack anyway because he had plenty of form for it.
Would agree. I think his defense argument was that the reason he went around trying to create an alibi was because he didn't trust police and feared he'd be scapegoated. But the reason he didn't trust police and emerged as a suspect was because of, as you say, the stuff he'd done to other women!

I remember him saying in interviews that everyone in prison thought he was innocent. But we only have his word for that, and in any case, how would they know?

Reactions: 5
^ I hear what you're saying. But to put it politely, Barry George is not operating with a full deck and I find it very hard to believe that he would have the skills, tenacity and wherewithal to carry out such a 'clean' killing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
^ I hear what you're saying. But to put it politely, Barry George is not operating with a full deck and I find it very hard to believe that he would have the skills, tenacity and wherewithal to carry out such a 'clean' killing.
I disagree. He was photographed in a pose with what looked like a starting pistol, this was the type of modified gun that was used to murder Jill. If the pose was playful and innocent where was that gun?

Nobody was around that morning, the murderer was very lucky that only Jill's startled 'Oh!' Was heard by a neighbour who then saw someone walking off.

A great many people could have got away with shooting Jill that day especially one who had the wherewithal to attack other women and almost get away with it and get into the grounds of Kensington Palace ready to commit crime.

People state he had an IQ of 75 but a previous assessment said he was of average intelligence.

Reactions: 4
In some crime docu, probably this one about Jill, it was stated by detectives that it doesn't take skill, minutae, and meticulous planning to do crime, esp a killing. Most killings are done in a moment and with happenstance (paraphrasing massively here). It doesn't take intelligence to do it, just willingness. It absolutely was BG.

Reactions: 2
In some crime docu, probably this one about Jill, it was stated by detectives that it doesn't take skill, minutae, and meticulous planning to do crime, esp a killing. Most killings are done in a moment and with happenstance (paraphrasing massively here). It doesn't take intelligence to do it, just willingness. It absolutely was BG.
It is inconvenient that there is no evidence to suggest that BG killed JD. He was the local weirdo, a hoarder who was a bit of a stalker and inappropriate towards women, but there is nothing to indicate he killed her.
No evidence he had a weapon or had ammunition, no evidence of an obsession or stalking JD, nothing at all except that he lived locally and had a microscopic particle on his clothing that was the same type that the murder weapon would produce, that could also be produced by other sources.

Reactions: 3
Unless I missed it there's no actual new quote of him saying he knows. It's just the Daily Mail being the Daily Mail.
He wrote about it in The Times yesterday but it’s behind a paywall.
---
Why is he saying this now? And how does he 'know'? Was he there? All very odd IMVHO.
I think he’s said it before and now he’s saying it again because it’s 25 years since it happened ☹ but yes, not sure how he’d know.

Reactions: 2
Nick Ross knows duck all. Jill’s murder was a professional hit and Barry George wasn‘t capable of carrying that out. Didn’t the gun used turn up in Liverpool being uses by gangsters.

• Heart
Reactions: 4