Jesy Nelson #5 She's lost the support of the nation, due to cultural appropriation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think getting dropped is a huge blessing for Jesy. At least the label let her go instead of shelving her into oblivion.

But fr tho I'm surprised she even signed when the girls kinda went on about how awful it was to be under a label to begin with.

I thought she would have just gone the independent route, find people to learn from and collaborate with and make the kind of music she wants to make. If it's pop today and hip-hop tomorrow, who cares if you're an independent artist right? Then again I can see her just being absolutely lazy and expecting that people will want to collaborate with her, instead of the other way around.

Reactions: 6
Not a huge shock she's been dropped by the label, her ROI has to be miniscule at this point.

I do wonder if any other labels will willingly sign her without a contract that makes promotional requirements a very clear part of the contract.
She might go indie and change up her sound to be a little less... costly, but I'm not sure she has the chops to pull off a more stripped-back, low-production sound without being part of a harmony.

For someone so desperate to be the sole focus, Jesy just seems to me the least equipped from LM to manage solo. Her voice doesn't hold a song as well without padding from production or harmonies, she can't cope with negative attention or critique without others holding her up, and she doesn't bother with the promotional appearances and push that is necessary for an early solo career.

Reactions: 17
It’s Polydor, it was obvious this would happen before she even fucked it up!

Reactions: 8
I can't even believe she ever had Polydor tbh. What were they thinking? She's lightyears away from their usual calibre
Yes. Despite her self destructiveness she was better than Polydor who is mainly distribution for US artists. I was expecting Colombia, or Republic which is more her style of music which she was aiming for

Yes. Despite her self destructiveness she was better than Polydor who is mainly distribution for US artists. I was expecting Colombia, or Republic which is more her style of music which she was aiming for
Nah I meant they are too good for her, waaaaaaay too good :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6
Jesy could probably do with taking some time out and letting the dust settle on this disastrous past year. Unfortunately, she seems to crave attention, isn’t famous enough to back off for too long and probably doesn’t want to have to face returning once the other girls have already released stuff. Her solo career just seems doomed beyond redemption.

Reactions: 18
Honestly if she releases and album and names it JN1 I will laugh… what was the name of little mixes 5th album again 🫣🤣 LM5 I’m sure.. girls not got an original bone in her body

• Haha
Reactions: 9
This would be the perfect opportunity to try to claw back some respect, leave IG for a bit, put out some sort of statement saying she over estimated herself and she should have taken more time off after leaving the group and is now taking the time to work on her self or some sort of spiel. I mean I wouldn't believe it but it would be a better move than obviously trying to cling on to fame by any means and trying to find another label to put out her obviously brilliant music that polydor just didn't "get" 🙄

Reactions: 17
This would be the perfect opportunity to try to claw back some respect, leave IG for a bit, put out some sort of statement saying she over estimated herself and she should have taken more time off after leaving the group and is now taking the time to work on her self or some sort of spiel. I mean I wouldn't believe it but it would be a better move than obviously trying to cling on to fame by any means and trying to find another label to put out her obviously brilliant music that polydor just didn't "get" 🙄
Million percent agree. She needs to just lie low

Reactions: 2
Jesy could probably do with taking some time out and letting the dust settle on this disastrous past year. Unfortunately, she seems to crave attention, isn’t famous enough to back off for too long and probably doesn’t want to have to face returning once the other girls have already released stuff. Her solo career just seems doomed beyond redemption.
She played her cards all wrong and I think she knows it deep down now. Jumping from one label contract to another isn’t going to work for her, as firstly she’s damaged goods and secondly she’s proven already that she isn’t worth investing in. The other girls have kept quiet since Little Mix went on an official hiatus and are just doing their thing. I know Leigh and Jade are working on new solo music, which is exciting. Jesy frankly doesn’t cut the mustard because she believes in her own hype, quite frankly. She’s obsessed with attention and doesn’t care who she steps on in the process. She was quick to announce her signing to Polydor not even 6 months after she quit the band, now she’s out begging for some record company to help save her from the depths of I’m a Celebrity oblivion and it couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She’s trying to imply that that’s her natural hair texture. Lies. We’ve all seen your childhood photos, you’re type 2A.
This 🤣😭 she has scrunched that fine white girl hair to an inch of it’s life , it looks awful anyway and it isn’t even natural .. shade of her skin on the pic too, she’s so desperate to look anything other than white.

Anyone else notice or is it just me? But around her hair it looks blurred or the doors and walls looked warped like she’s edited her hair to look bigger😭

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Nah I meant they are too good for her, waaaaaaay too good :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Now, yes. But prior to her single and tit show after it - I think most people here were excited for her release we can’t deny that she was talented and had a massive shot at being the breakout one. But beforehand, she deserved a bigger label!

Most artists on Polydor are American and it’s just distribution for them. As a full label, their roster is lacking! Coming off the back of Little Mix is was a poor choice esp after the whole Raye issue!

Reactions: 2
This 🤣😭 she has scrunched that fine white girl hair to an inch of it’s life , it looks awful anyway and it isn’t even natural .. shade of her skin on the pic too, she’s so desperate to look anything other than white.

Anyone else notice or is it just me? But around her hair it looks blurred or the doors and walls looked warped like she’s edited her hair to look bigger😭
Good spot, she’s so tragic. Imagine being that desperate to not be yourself.

I’ve been thinking her blackfishing comes from a combination of narcissism and being mentally stunted in her adolescence back in the noughties.

She idolised the famous artists in the charts, many of whom happened to be black or mixed. But she wasn’t just a fan, her natural youthful narcissism meant she wanted to BE them. But she never grew out of this self-obsessed teenager stage. So then she tries to make her appearance fit her stunted self-image of being an exotic, sexy, olive skinned, curly haired, much-admired RnB princess, just like the girls in her favourite music videos.

That’s why she doesn’t have her own musical identity or any creativity - she just tries to be a generic patchwork combination of other artists. Who happen to be black. That’s why Bad Boys was so reductive, she just wanted to recreate and be a part of that musical scene of her childhood. Not do a proper homage.

There was a real “I’ve made it!” energy to that music video. She exuded arrogance at playing the sexy brownish starlet while surrounded by mostly black men and in a black man’s music video. She really thought she was in.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Now, yes. But prior to her single and tit show after it - I think most people here were excited for her release we can’t deny that she was talented and had a massive shot at being the breakout one. But beforehand, she deserved a bigger label!

Most artists on Polydor are American and it’s just distribution for them. As a full label, their roster is lacking! Coming off the back of Little Mix is was a poor choice esp after the whole Raye issue!
Definitely agree to disagree. I could honestly not have given a shiny tit about her release, I only watched to see what a car crash it would be. I think she sings like a budgie being strangled tbh :ROFLMAO: I accept she definitely has a 'style' and she could have been popular in her niche if she hadn't royally fucked it. But I think it's a huge stretch to think she should have a place in Polydor. Their artists are GOLD. So the fact she had the opportunity to play ball with the likes of Billie, Lana, Selena, I mean hell Freddie, The Rolling Stones and The Beatles FFS - and she fucked it because of her attitude? What an absolute twit. She needs to go away, humble herself and start again when the dust settles. It really didn't need to be like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.