Jessie and Bebe Cave

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Jessie reads that she’ll be steadfast in planning a 5th. It appears to matter a lot to her how she is perceived and for some strange reason she wants to be perceived as having a big family!? Strange and selfish to me but pretty common especially in cleb circles. I think others are right about contraception - she’ll have a fear of weight gain and there’s the draw of breastfeeding which keeps weight off too.

4 children is too much imo - as someone else said how are the older ones going to get the attention they need even with the supportive extended family? If Alfie was a full time dad on top of his part time comedy duties then fine but that seems to be far from reality.
It’s not for me but the whole thing of being the mother or father of many children being a point of pride and a sort of instinctive status-bestowing thing is very much something that goes right back to early humanity, to the extent that even though fashions have changed there are bound to still be sorta vestigial remnants left, if you know what I mean. It’s quite primal.

Reactions: 2
It’s not for me but the whole thing of being the mother or father of many children being a point of pride and a sort of instinctive status-bestowing thing is very much something that goes right back to early humanity, to the extent that even though fashions have changed there are bound to still be sorta vestigial remnants left, if you know what I mean. It’s quite primal.
I agree. You only need to see the obsession with the Radfords and Amanda Owen to see that. People are fascinated by people who have large families ( unless they are ' benefit scroungers' or 'forriners' who aren't allowed) I wonder if it's a primal thing when posh white families have loads of kids because overall the birth rate is so low that people feel they are doing their bit for the survival of the race?

Agreed, and I've said this before, but I think they have a very... unusual relationship in that regard. Picking up from things I've heard Alfie say, I have a feeling there's also a 'breeder' f*tish going on.
Maybe it's like a Mother/bleep fetishism, where Jessie is there to procreate and Bebe is there for the shagging?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Having lots of kids is one of those things that’s trashy if you’re poor but a status symbol when you’re privileged.

Reactions: 20
Jessie and Alfie are such a middle class cliche to me, their attitudes to their parental roles are sooooo antiquated.

Does anyone listen to their Succession podcast? Bebe’s remarks in the latest one are really off the mark to me; thinking a comment was in regard to the Marcia character’s weight and the whole ‘chasing pale’ interaction. At least Jessie knows and admits when things go over her head, I find Bebe annoyingly self righteous and she is always very confidently incorrect on stuff!

Reactions: 6
The confidently incorrect things screams privately educated 😄

Not saying the standard of teaching is bad, but there’s a loud self-assuredness to private school gels that I can spot a mile off.

Reactions: 11
Anyone listened to Alfie's podcast this week? He spends the first 20 mins talking about Jessie being pregnant. He said that whilst it is happy news, it's Jessie's dream to have a big family and there will probably be a 5th. He also said him and Jessie always fight about who is going to cook for the kids as they want to be the one to nourish them. I don't think I've ever seen either of them cook. They always eat raw food or processed junk.

Reactions: 10
I have 2 with a 5 year age gap and that is hard enough, I really wonder how people manage with more than that! I'm the youngest of 3 and my parents don't remember a thing about me as a child so I guess I was just left to get on with it! My Mum is one of 9 and the family is completely dysfunctional and messed up!

Reactions: 3
Anyone listened to Alfie's podcast this week? He spends the first 20 mins talking about Jessie being pregnant. He said that whilst it is happy news, it's Jessie's dream to have a big family and there will probably be a 5th. He also said him and Jessie always fight about who is going to cook for the kids as they want to be the one to nourish them. I don't think I've ever seen either of them cook. They always eat raw food or processed junk.
Over lockdown Alfie was cooking lots of vegan and veggie stews, I remember seeing them on his stories last year. Never seen Jessie cook though, only put crackers and stuff on plates.

Not that I judge her for that though tbh, I don't have kids and sometimes I can't even be bothered to cook wholesome meals for myself lol

Jessie posted on her IG story today about how she’s grateful for the opportunity to have her writing out there as some people never do… maybe she’s seen this thread and read the comments about her not recognising her own privilege :D hi Jessie…

Reactions: 1
It's not just Jessie that has done this, but celebrities who have a book deal and constantly moan about having to work to a deadline - do they not realise how fortunate they are to be in a position to get a deal before even writing a word? I guess it's good that they're actually writing their own books instead of using a ghostwriter, but still, it's annoying they don't seem to realise how lucky they are

It's not just Jessie that has done this, but celebrities who have a book deal and constantly moan about having to work to a deadline - do they not realise how fortunate they are to be in a position to get a deal before even writing a word? I guess it's good that they're actually writing their own books instead of using a ghostwriter, but still, it's annoying they don't seem to realise how lucky they are
Totally. I’ve a friend who’s been struggling writing a book for over 2 years balancing a ft job and a small child, she seems to generally write late at night or on her lunch break, and she still (probably rightly, just on statistics) doesn’t see it getting very far with an agent or publisher. Not for lack of talent though.

I have 2 with a 5 year age gap and that is hard enough, I really wonder how people manage with more than that! I'm the youngest of 3 and my parents don't remember a thing about me as a child so I guess I was just left to get on with it! My Mum is one of 9 and the family is completely dysfunctional and messed up!
Most people I’m aware of with >2 children have a squad of help from their parents (on both sides sometimes), childminders, and arrangements with friends. But time and time again it’s Granny who steps up as the “3rd parent”, and that seems very much the case here.

(interested to know what the situ is with Alfie’s parents.)

also don’t underestimate how throwing money at a problem can help, London nurseries are insanely expensive and if you’ve more than one kid in there for 4 days, you’re probably just about paying as much on childcare as you do on a mortgage in Zone 5.

I got annoyed that a podcast I signed up to was replaced by one I’m not interested in using the same feed, use a different bloody feed! Unfollowed it

Reactions: 6
I'd really like to see how she'd have made this big family of dreams thing work if she didn't have a jobless sister and mother who seems to always be available too. She really has it lucky in terms of having time to give everything to work (TV show appearances, novel writingz YouTube, podcasts, acting gigs) and manages 4 kids. I'm so so curious to know about her sleep arrangements though like co-sleeping kids up late and you can do all those things in the day?? And have energy to wake at 2am to watch succession? Seems odd. What's everyone's thoughts on sunset being developed for TV? I wonder if the book is as good as the reviews

I'd really like to see how she'd have made this big family of dreams thing work if she didn't have a jobless sister and mother who seems to always be available too. She really has it lucky in terms of having time to give everything to work (TV show appearances, novel writingz YouTube, podcasts, acting gigs) and manages 4 kids. I'm so so curious to know about her sleep arrangements though like co-sleeping kids up late and you can do all those things in the day?? And have energy to wake at 2am to watch succession? Seems odd. What's everyone's thoughts on sunset being developed for TV? I wonder if the book is as good as the reviews
I listened to the audiobook of sunset and it wasn’t bad but the whole time I was thinking that the storyline etc seemed like it would work well on TV and I felt like it was almost written with that in mind? Like it didn’t read like it was a novel for a novel’s sake if that makes sense. So I’m not surprised that it’s being developed, congrats for them and I guess that’s super lucky for Bebe especially. I guess that must be the good news/ announcement they’d alluded to?

Reactions: 4
I listened to the audiobook of sunset and it wasn’t bad but the whole time I was thinking that the storyline etc seemed like it would work well on TV and I felt like it was almost written with that in mind? Like it didn’t read like it was a novel for a novel’s sake if that makes sense. So I’m not surprised that it’s being developed, congrats for them and I guess that’s super lucky for Bebe especially. I guess that must be the good news/ announcement they’d alluded to?
Yeah all the dialogue is basically written as a script, so it felt like a really long proposal for a TV show!

Anyone listened to this? I don't want to on principle as I know it's a total clickbait title and it'll be something mundane like he has broken up with the woman who delivers his Deliveroo and found someone more reliable.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Anyone listened to this? I don't want to on principle as I know it's a total clickbait title and it'll be something mundane like he has broken up with the woman who delivers his Deliveroo and found someone more reliable.
click bait. He even says he’s “titled it cheekily”. Basically he’s talking about whether relationships can ever come back from the point of “I want to break up with her” and says that as everyone knows his relationship broke down but they got back together as happier and better people 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.