Jemma McGowan #8 Light a candle & let us pray, Tracy stalks tattle day after day 👋🏻

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had to remove myself from social media today. Every single wannabe bestie, influencer etc all putting up their posts on how beautiful, genuine and caring jem was.

It's all lies! No she shouldn't have had to go through what she did and having had cancer myself I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But she lied! She cheated genuine people put of their honest money, time and time again. Including myself. When some of us were neither financially or physically well enough to do so. I held my tongue on the majority of what has happened lately but the amount of hypocrisy coming from a sad death is astounding.

The truth is she was a selfish girl in life. She was diagnosed with the worst illness and outcome anyone could have, this didn't change her as a person. Instead she used it to her advantage to take with both hands for herself. Not her kids. Her poor beautiful children who now have to grow up without their mother, their role in life and their first love. It's those kids I feel sorry for, not the selfish mother who chose to take more and more for herself than spend her time with her children.

I just wish someone stronger than me and more genuine would call her put and say it exactly how it was. Yes extremely sad but it doesn't take away from the type of person she was.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Admin make the decision. Not me. In the past, threads are closed when someone dies.
I'm reporting to highlight to admin that Jemma has died.

If anyone has a problem with that, feel free to make a report to admin. I'm doing what is usually done in these circumstances on here.
It’s not for you to decide , this thread is about the go fund me not someone dying , jog on

Reactions: 6
May she rest in peace. So sad a girl of 29 dying. I am only recently getting up to speed on the fraud allegations. When I saw her on Stacey Dooley I thought she was so genuine. Disappointing to read all these replies. I think this area of gofundme needs to be monitored more closely in some way. It's the same with other 'influencers' something tragic happens, they lose a partner for eg, a gofundme is set up and they live the high life on the back of people's generosity. It's not right or fair. I know of cases like this in my local area. Also children with disabilities or illnesses, the parents doing interviews to 'raise awareness'. That's great but some then are using it to be an influencer, going on to days out as 'gifted' then ads for vitamins, then jewellery etc
There's a child in Ireland who had two mins of fame on the late late toy show and is now popping up everywhere and now launching a clothing line. Like he's a lovely little lad but come on, who is all this benefitting?? More regulation around this whole area is needed.
Jemma's children are foremost in my thoughts today. A very rough road ahead for them.

Reactions: 9
It’s embarrassing people coming on here and explaining themselves as if we are all trolls. I found this thread when it was in its 5th thread. I sat the other night and read through most of the comments. There is no malice in any of the posts, I’m sorry if people don’t like the fact that people donated willingly to a fund that was supposed to save her life and the money was seen to fund a lavish lifestyle. People have every right to question that money and where it went. Everyone wanted Jemma to survive, it’s heartbreaking but unfortunately that’s life and it happens. Not many people get help to provide for their families when they’re gone. Jemma was a beautiful girl and gone before her time but I won’t sit now and be a hypocrite now she’s gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Some of you people should really hang your heads in shame. What evidence do you have that any money you donated was used to fund a “lavish lifestyle”?
Jemma fought with all her might to stay with her children and family. It would seem because she didn’t lay down under the cancer that she is being accused of all sorts. Catch yourselves on
You do realise how much she made from her diagnosis?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Some of you people should really hang your heads in shame. What evidence do you have that any money you donated was used to fund a “lavish lifestyle”?
Jemma fought with all her might to stay with her children and family. It would seem because she didn’t lay down under the cancer that she is being accused of all sorts. Catch yourselves on
Go and look at the cars sitting in the forecourt outside the house and come back to us

I’ll say no more. I knew it was only a matter of time before all the “new members” appeared

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I wasn't going to comment again. But are you only sticking up for jem because she was sick? Seems you don't have the same opinion about Karens weigh to go 🙄. Jemmas scamming was way worse than a few raffles by karen

• Heart
I hope Jemma is now at peace.
Her legacy with my group of people is to not donate to any more gfm.
I wish Jemma had been more honest about where the money was actually for.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
No matter what’s she’s done she didn’t deserve to suffer and die from Cancer
Will this be an end if the Gfm I doubt it
Them poor 3 babies are who I feel for đź’”
Very sad day all around Jemma’s death and the 2 School friends Funerals who died in an accident going to their debs 💔
It’s a cruel cruel world we live in
And that pastor preaching won’t change anything I do believe but sometimes it’s bloody hard to make sense off it all 🤦🏼‍♀️
So very sad. Her poor babies , actually shed a few tears when I heard she passed, she didn't deserve it, heartbroken for her babies, so young. I'm actually related to one of those girls who died in the accident. Sure is a cruel world. đź’”

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Heartbreaking đź’”

Why would she have had that uncomfortable pic line in until the end? Just a way of giving meds?
---
So very sad. Her poor babies , actually shed a few tears when I heard she passed, she didn't deserve it, heartbroken for her babies, so young. I'm actually related to one of those girls who died in the accident. Sure is a cruel world. đź’”

So sorry for your loss, that was a dreadful accident đź’”

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s not for you to decide , this thread is about the go fund me not someone dying , jog on
As I've said already, admin decide. I'm not deciding anything. This thread was actually about Jemma and now she's dead. No one is going to come here from her family and give an itemised list of what the money was used for.
Admin don't delete them, they lock them.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely heartbreaking. Honestly felt sick to the pit of my stomach when I saw the announcement. Knowing those kids are too young to ever have memories with her it truly soul shattering.

My heart goes out to them all, I hope she is at peace and that her family find the strength to get through the difficult days ahead.

All those people coming out of the woodwork, where have you been for the last 2 years? Why fight someone’s corner now instead of defending her in life? If you know in your heart of hearts what Jemma used the money on then why not come on and defend her and explain?

I’ve never saw one comment wishing Jemma any ill will on here. Trolls are people who are wishing harm on others, who are sending nasty messages to people, bullying them & making their life hell. That has never happened on here once.

Everyone’s question was where did the money go? Why wasn’t the GFM shut down once the Mexico trips stopped? At the end of the day, if Jemma had stated from the beginning that the money was going to medical treatment AND to make life a bit easier for Clive when she passes then there would have been no problem at all. Well not that I can see. I have donated to peoples GFM who have stated the funds were for their family after they leave… to make up for lost income their family will no doubt face due to being off work etc; I have absolutely no problem with that at all. I would have still donated to it personally.

When you ask for donations for medical bills and people donate, then see a lot of lavish and expensive items being purchased even after the Mexico trips stop, those Who donate are entitled to ask questions.

Because the reality of it is, Cancer is horrific, absolutely horrific!! But it effected more people than just Jemma. So when donators saw the designer bags etc, it was a kick in the teeth, as that money could have went to helping someone else who was struggling.
even if she bought the designer bags with her own money… it’s still a kick in the teeth, as if you can afford those kind of things & are needing help with medical expenses, why would you waste that money?
The only way I can put it is, she wasn’t helping herself… it was the public donations that was paying for treatment and the cost of a designer bag wether paid for by herself or not could have gone to helping another person. Those bags aren’t cheap, that could have helped out a family who were struggling financially due to a partner being off work to be a full time carer to the other partner.
This is literally all the people on this post are saying. It wasn’t fair.

GFM needs regulated to stop things like this. People should be made show they are spending the money on. Because now we have a whole lot of people who are reluctant to donate again. And who knows, the person they decide to not donate too could be sitting with an empty bank account due to loss of job and be struggling to make ends meet.

Regardless of what has been done, my sympathies do lie with the family. As they lie with all the other people out there who are battling this horribly disease.

Yes, her kids may read these one day. However, they will never read anyone wishing her badly. Tbh at this stage I was hoping it was all a scam and that she wasn’t dying, regardless of the GFM money, as no amount of money could make up for those kids losing their mummy.

I’ve gone off on a tangent but I really hate that people can’t see that none of us on here wished any of this on Jemma. Quite the opposite. All they wanted to know was why?

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Absolutely heartbreaking. Honestly felt sick to the pit of my stomach when I saw the announcement. Knowing those kids are too young to ever have memories with her it truly soul shattering.

My heart goes out to them all, I hope she is at peace and that her family find the strength to get through the difficult days ahead.

All those people coming out of the woodwork, where have you been for the last 2 years? Why fight someone’s corner now instead of defending her in life? If you know in your heart of hearts what Jemma used the money on then why not come on and defend her and explain?

I’ve never saw one comment wishing Jemma any ill will on here. Trolls are people who are wishing harm on others, who are sending nasty messages to people, bullying them & making their life hell. That has never happened on here once.

Everyone’s question was where did the money go? Why wasn’t the GFM shut down once the Mexico trips stopped? At the end of the day, if Jemma had stated from the beginning that the money was going to medical treatment AND to make life a bit easier for Clive when she passes then there would have been no problem at all. Well not that I can see. I have donated to peoples GFM who have stated the funds were for their family after they leave… to make up for lost income their family will no doubt face due to being off work etc; I have absolutely no problem with that at all. I would have still donated to it personally.

When you ask for donations for medical bills and people donate, then see a lot of lavish and expensive items being purchased even after the Mexico trips stop, those Who donate are entitled to ask questions.

Because the reality of it is, Cancer is horrific, absolutely horrific!! But it effected more people than just Jemma. So when donators saw the designer bags etc, it was a kick in the teeth, as that money could have went to helping someone else who was struggling.
even if she bought the designer bags with her own money… it’s still a kick in the teeth, as if you can afford those kind of things & are needing help with medical expenses, why would you waste that money?
The only way I can put it is, she wasn’t helping herself… it was the public donations that was paying for treatment and the cost of a designer bag wether paid for by herself or not could have gone to helping another person. Those bags aren’t cheap, that could have helped out a family who were struggling financially due to a partner being off work to be a full time carer to the other partner.
This is literally all the people on this post are saying. It wasn’t fair.

GFM needs regulated to stop things like this. People should be made show they are spending the money on. Because now we have a whole lot of people who are reluctant to donate again. And who knows, the person they decide to not donate too could be sitting with an empty bank account due to loss of job and be struggling to make ends meet.

Regardless of what has been done, my sympathies do lie with the family. As they lie with all the other people out there who are battling this horribly disease.

Yes, her kids may read these one day. However, they will never read anyone wishing her badly. Tbh at this stage I was hoping it was all a scam and that she wasn’t dying, regardless of the GFM money, as no amount of money could make up for those kids losing their mummy.

I’ve gone off on a tangent but I really hate that people can’t see that none of us on here wished any of this on Jemma. Quite the opposite. All they wanted to know was why?
this needs to be pinned to the top of the thread 👏👏 I’m not good at words, but you’ve worded it far better than I ever could.
---
I’m so sorry for your loss. 2 beautiful girls. Truly heartbreaking 💔

• Heart
I dont recall accusing anyone of fraud, including Karen’s Weigh To Go. I can disagree with online raffles without the opinion that those who run them and how they are running them are acting fraudulently. Unlike others if I believed fraud was taking place I would report it to the relevant authorities. Have you done that with all your information ?
---

Noh thanks. So have you gone to the police with your information?
---

And when she was alive sis you bring your evidence to the police?
They aren't interested but yes I have reported it to gfm many times. I have also processed a request for a refund for all my donations. Unfortunately it isn't that straight forward. Gfm isn't regulated and she's low level in the grand scheme of things. It's her family and kids who now have to live their lives knowing who she was. Take that how you will.

Things don’t have to be black and white. You can be angry at the misuse of donations and also empathetic to a family that ultimately lost a young woman to a cruel disease.

I am angry that while vulnerable I donated an amount that I probably couldn’t afford but I genuinely wanted to help. I’m angry that my loved one who was also battling cancer used some of their last words to worry if we would have enough to bury them. I’m broken at the thought of those poor babies hearing their mother’s last breaths, they will carry that sound forever.

People are allowed to feel different things, we are allowed to have opinions that doesn’t make us trolls.

I mean the pastor clearly feels different things at different times because the video I saw this morning he was (trying to be) tearful - and right now he’s dandering about Ballycastle queuing for fish and chips…

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You seem to have misread my question . Did you take your facts to the police to report the fraud? Im
Assuming you have evidence?
why are you here now? Because Jemma’s died? Pity you weren’t here with the answers months ago when people were asking questions about where the money went. Again nobody wished Jemma bad!

• Heart