Jeffree Star

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought the Conspiracy palette and it’s lovely, the eyeshadows are so nice to use so I’m going to get this one. Usually Jeffrees palettes are way too colourful for me but this looks like I’d use all the shades which is exciting. The branding is unfortunate but it was obviously all named and planned ages ago, they’ve put the release off by a month already and I don’t really think there will be a “right time” for this launch this year with things as they are so think they’ve just gone with it?

I really hope the Nate situation wasn’t a business arrangement, Jeffree seemed to really love him but you neverknow 🤷‍♀️ It’s weird how Nate is now on social media after being so against it before?

Reactions: 6
I do like Jeffree tbh, he's definitely problematic but he seems to always address his wrongs and move on from them which most other YouTubers/influencers struggle with🤷‍♀️ I like the fact he doesn't take himself too seriously and the videos of him reacting to tiktoks were pretty funny as he realises most of it is just banter, this one about his new palette cracked me up😂

Personally I don't own any of his eyeshadow palettes as the colours never really appeal to me🤷‍♀️ but I can't see who would want a whole palette full of grey shadows tbh, I feel like they would have worked better as a collection of mini palettes?

Reactions: 2
The new palette is awful, feel like the guy is swiftly running out of ideas. Launching at this moment in time is possibly the worst idea he's ever had, even worse than the joke that was his music career.

I actually like the new palette. I have the blood sugar and blue blood palettes, they were both gifts from my mum. I absolutely love the formula they are so smooth and work so well for me. I have a bunch of colourful palettes so I really want this one but I can’t afford J* stuff so I won’t be getting it 🤣🤣

I feel like since he was always a bit “alternative” and like ex scene kid or whatever, he’s always had an affinity for more macabre and darker stuff. It legit comes as no surprise to me he would make a palette based on death

Reactions: 3
I don’t see why people who be offended by it, unless you were looking to be offended if that makes sense?

He’s always been controversial

Reactions: 11
I don't think it's offending of him to name his palette cremated. It is rather distasteful, but very on-brand for him I think. He loves controversy.
I was gifted the blue blood palette and the quality of his eyeshadows is very good. He might be an arse, but the man knows how to make an eyeshadow.
I think this palette will mainly be interesting for very fair-skinned people like myself, because it might be difficult to see all the different grey tones on darker skin tones.

Agree with a lot of the above comments. Any other time and the name wouldn’t bother me, but releasing it in the middle of a pandemic is a bit insensitive and distasteful.

Reactions: 4
I skimmed through the video, but surely the name and the urn design was all decided on long before covid-19 was even discovered? I'd of thought he would have made this clear. But he no doubt now thinks it's great timing.

Reactions: 5
I skimmed through the video, but surely the name and the urn design was all decided on long before covid-19 was even discovered? I'd of thought he would have made this clear. But he no doubt now thinks it's great timing.
Don't they all say it takes age to develop a product? So Yes i agree it was probably done long ago, but releasing it now just seems wrong. He doesn't care though. As long as he's making money why should he care if people are suffering.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I seen mmmmmmmmmitchel has got his palette and it looks beautiful but my god, he is not my cup of tea 😣😖🦆

• Haha
Don't they all say it takes age to develop a product? So Yes i agree it was probably done long ago, but releasing it now just seems wrong. He doesn't care though. As long as he's making money why should he care if people are suffering.
Jeffree Star copyrighted this palette back in Sept 2019.

He doesn't donate money sometimes. I'm not a big fan of Jeffree Star but I don't like to watch some of his videos.

Jeffree Star copyrighted this palette back in Sept 2019.

He doesn't donate money sometimes. I'm not a big fan of Jeffree Star but I don't like to watch some of his videos.
I meant to type that he does donate money sometimes. I'm not a big fan of Jeffree Star but I do watch some of his videos.

Reactions: 1
I don’t see why people who be offended by it, unless you were looking to be offended if that makes sense?

Me too, I like the shades, right up my street, it takes months to plan, prep and make them, they were probably produced well before covid 19, the release date was pushed back.
Are we to be offended at any mention of death now? TV shows? Movies? Etc

Reactions: 8

i kinda see why people were offended ig? then again, i don't take offense to the name.

also, from a business standpoint, i don't think the timing is right to release a 50 dollar palette especially since money is tight for some households.

People are such bleeping snow flakes these days.
J* has been controversial from day one, this is right up his street and very him. He runs a business and at some point this had to be released.
Can't wait to get my hands on it, it's the first pallete he's released that I'm actually excited about getting.

Reactions: 7
The timing is inconsiderate for the palette and would of been fine if something wasn’t going on as serious as this pandemic, before anyone says that he’ll lost stock because the palette will expire, he has enough money to replace it he’s got millions

Reactions: 1
The timing is inconsiderate for the palette and would of been fine if something wasn’t going on as serious as this pandemic, before anyone says that he’ll lost stock because the palette will expire, he has enough money to replace it he’s got millions
Yeah but it's still down to making a business decision and the pros of releasing it definitely outway the cons.
It'll still sell out and people will forget about the release drama soon enough.
He will lose so much money by not releasing it, it's not worth it just because a few people are offended by the name of it.