Jay Z & Beyonce

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well Gaga has fallen off music wise big time and Rihanna hasn't had album in nearly 10 years. But it was Beyonce who started doing surprise album releases too.
See, I would put Beyonce in exactly the same category as Rihanna and Lady Gaga. Huge in the early 2010s, now all still doing stuff in some form (movies, make up, music) - but having lost their grip as mega A list celebrities.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 13
See, I would put Beyonce in exactly the same category as Rihanna and Lady Gaga. Huge in the early 2010s, now all still doing stuff in some form (movies, make up, music) - but having lost their grip as mega A list celebrities.
Not even close. Beyonce is still a megastar and can still sell out stadiums. Who knows, maybe Rihanna could too if she didn't stop making music but her shows were always pretty poor live
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
The idea that she's somehow revolutionary for combining/switching genres - she's not even the only contemporary star to do that, Taylor Swift does.

I understand people finding her music appealing, perhaps looking up to her as a beautiful black woman, etc. But I find her in all ways just an average popstar of our time.
Yeah, but Taylors voice cannot compete with Beyonce's though. She doesn't even come close.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Not even close. Beyonce is still a megastar and can still sell out stadiums. Who knows, maybe Rihanna could too if she didn't stop making music but her shows were always pretty poor live
Haha we will see if beynonce can still pull in the crowd with this new tour
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Not even close. Beyonce is still a megastar and can still sell out stadiums. Who knows, maybe Rihanna could too if she didn't stop making music but her shows were always pretty poor live
She's the 15th artist in the ranking of most tickets ever sold, with many of those above her with similar length contemporary careers (Pink, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, etc). I'm sure they're great concerts and she's certainly a good performer, but so are the other artists who have sold more tickets than her - Pink for instance. Not my kind of music, but she's leaping around that stage like nobody's business.

Yeah, but Taylors voice cannot compete with Beyonce's though. She doesn't even come close.
I really don't doubt it, I think she's got a beautiful voice. But I don't think that alone makes her the pop star of a generation. I would say Adele is tough competition for her, Kelly Clarkson when it comes to powerhouse voices of now.

I think Beyonce is a marvellous all-rounder - she can sing, dance, has stage presence, etc. But I just don't feel for me personally that she does any of these things better than any others. And I feel most of her all her cultural impact and grip has come and gone with the 2010s. She isn't resonating with the public in the way the female pop stars of now are - like Billie Eilish, Sabrina Carpenter, Taylor Swift, etc. And that doesn't mean she's bad, or even unpopular, it just means she doesn't have that cultural grip these other stars do. Taylor spend 19 weeks at number 1 in the US, Sabrina 4 - Beyonce 2. I just can't in any good conscience say she is a bigger or more influential part of pop culture more than these other stars.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
She's the 15th artist in the ranking of most tickets ever sold, with many of those above her with similar length contemporary careers (Pink, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, etc). I'm sure they're great concerts and she's certainly a good performer, but so are the other artists who have sold more tickets than her - Pink for instance. Not my kind of music, but she's leaping around that stage like nobody's business.



I really don't doubt it, I think she's got a beautiful voice. But I don't think that alone makes her the pop star of a generation. I would say Adele is tough competition for her, Kelly Clarkson when it comes to powerhouse voices of now.

I think Beyonce is a marvellous all-rounder - she can sing, dance, has stage presence, etc. But I just don't feel for me personally that she does any of these things better than any others. And I feel most of her all her cultural impact and grip has come and gone with the 2010s. She isn't resonating with the public in the way the female pop stars of now are - like Billie Eilish, Sabrina Carpenter, Taylor Swift, etc. And that doesn't mean she's bad, or even unpopular, it just means she doesn't have that cultural grip these other stars do. Taylor spend 19 weeks at number 1 in the US, Sabrina 4 - Beyonce 2. I just can't in any good conscience say she is a bigger or more influential part of pop culture more than these other stars.
Yes but when it comes to the show are the seats filled? Dear husband could always buy up the seats to Make it appear she is more popular
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Yes but when it comes to the show are the seats filled? Dear husband could always buy up the seats to Make it appear she is more popular
Still tickets on sale for her London shows which is an indication that her popularity is on the slide. Or the fact her last album was awful
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
RIP Chris 🙏🏽
I'm kind of on the fence about this actually. I really believe that artists can switch genres, or sounds, and I think they should be recognised in the category that the album/song is in.

But I also thing that country is really unique in that it is more than just a certain 'sound', it's a kind of collective of the grit and resilience of the working class, a set of defined (very Christian) morals focused on hardship and heart over perfection and riches, and a deep connection to a specific landscape.

Beyoncé, on the other hand, to me has always idolised perfection above all else - an almost otherworldly level of polish. She idolises material goods and richness, excess, and 'excellence' through it. Some people seem to love it. Personally I feel like it's easy to be polished and make-up perfect when you're a billionaire. And even though Cowboy Carter has a country twang in terms of surface sound, it doesn't feel country in any other way. It actually feels the opposite to me.

Her sitting jarringly facing the camera on the album cover sums it up - it's objectively beautiful, yes, the horse and her and the outfit is perfectly steamed and ironed and her hair is blowing just right in the wind. She's flawless and untouchable. But if country is about grittiness, roughness, and heart over appearance - then this isn't country.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I really don’t get the appeal of her involving her kids in her tours. Like yeah it’s cute but girly I came to see the main act and that is YOU
 
  • Like
Reactions: 15
Blue Ivy hasn’t had a childhood, she’s just been groomed to replace her mother one day
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I'm kind of on the fence about this actually. I really believe that artists can switch genres, or sounds, and I think they should be recognised in the category that the album/song is in.

But I also thing that country is really unique in that it is more than just a certain 'sound', it's a kind of collective of the grit and resilience of the working class, a set of defined (very Christian) morals focused on hardship and heart over perfection and riches, and a deep connection to a specific landscape.

Beyoncé, on the other hand, to me has always idolised perfection above all else - an almost otherworldly level of polish. She idolises material goods and richness, excess, and 'excellence' through it. Some people seem to love it. Personally I feel like it's easy to be polished and make-up perfect when you're a billionaire. And even though Cowboy Carter has a country twang in terms of surface sound, it doesn't feel country in any other way. It actually feels the opposite to me.

Her sitting jarringly facing the camera on the album cover sums it up - it's objectively beautiful, yes, the horse and her and the outfit is perfectly steamed and ironed and her hair is blowing just right in the wind. She's flawless and untouchable. But if country is about grittiness, roughness, and heart over appearance - then this isn't country.
I live in the US (Georgia) and country music is all over the radio. I can tell you not once did I hear any Beyonce music on any country station. It wasn’t due to racism or anything along those lines, it just didn’t fit on those stations. She was played on pop radio and even on some of the R&B stations, with them either loving the new sound or asking why she switched it up.

Her Grammy was bought and paid for. She’s had better albums and some of the country albums were better than hers, she just got it because of all the hooha Jay made about her never winning one.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I live in the US (Georgia) and country music is all over the radio. I can tell you not once did I hear any Beyonce music on any country station. It wasn’t due to racism or anything along those lines, it just didn’t fit on those stations. She was played on pop radio and even on some of the R&B stations, with them either loving the new sound or asking why she switched it up.

Her Grammy was bought and paid for. She’s had better albums and some of the country albums were better than hers, she just got it because of all the hooha Jay made about her never winning one.
I remember back in the day, you used to get the likes of Take That, Boyzone and other pop bands do versions of their songs in something called Spanglish...basically a few Spanish words peppered in so they could be put in the Europop charts.

This is the same...a few effects added in with pop and suddenly people who clearly have never listened to an actual country record are coming out with tit like 'Beyonce could sing Patsy but could Patsy sing Beyonce' :rolleyes: Considering the tit stain she left after covering Jolene, I very much doubt she could keep up with Darlene McBride, never mind Martina. It's like someone watched a Wheel of Impression segment on Jimmy Fallon and got the idea to do a Beyonce song in a country style and they kept going with it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
My son in law and daughter are very into modern country music, and have introduced me to Morgan Wallen, Chris Stapleton, Luke Combs etc (and I've listened to Carrie Underwood for years) and it's a very specific sort of music that Beyonce just didn't get at all. I used to love her music around the Sasha Fierce era but she needs to stay in her lane and stick to what she's good at - power house ballads and feisty pop tunes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Her fans are getting me mad, like, I pay to see Bey singing AND dancing professionally, not to see her daughter who clearly has been rehearsing a lot and does it better that the first time but that's it, just a nepo kid having fun in front of people who spend 200€ for the ticket. The fact that her fans are happy and proud of this like it's natural to groom your child and have her dancing with this wig, nails, heavy make up situation feels so off to me.

And now it's Rumi's turn. FFS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 14
Weird she keeps showing her daughters but nothing about her Son.
It’s a way for getting people to come to the show? I suspect poor ticket sales, I mean come on she really doesn’t give a tit about pimping kids out, hers included! I don’t see blue ivy having a good future at all. I think she has been coached to be the next Beyoncé but she’s don’t think she has it and people are tired of seeing nepo kids getting a career handed to them, the whole family is dulu and are still n for a shock. Its not the kids fault
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11