Jamie Genevieve

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she would have dropped some videos showing swatches. So hard to tell what the colours online to reality.

Like bamMy websites live and here’s the swipe ups for the video of testing. A video explaining why her brand is a go to, where the items are made background on ingredients if animal tested if vegan etc.

Reactions: 3
I just feel it’s a massive missed opportunity. It’s not at all “Jamie” - her personality is her brand - not some wishy washy muse bollocks

The website looks pants too - looks like they’ve let the YTS manage it

like others have said - the whole launch is missing the “Jamie” element. Where is she demoing her range on social media ?

It’s left me absolutely cold.

Reactions: 13
Can we also discuss the fact that they drove to Glencoe because Jack had a 'job' this week? Is he an influencer now? wtf you're not supposed to be leaving your council area right now due to covid unless it's for essential purposes, a bleeping photoshoot for a paid instagram post is not essential, it's also not a bleeping job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I just feel it’s a massive missed opportunity. It’s not at all “Jamie” - her personality is her brand - not some wishy washy muse bollocks

The website looks pants too - looks like they’ve let the YTS manage it

like others have said - the whole launch is missing the “Jamie” element. Where is she demoing her range on social media ?

It’s left me absolutely cold.
Yeah totally agree! The shade names don’t seem to match up to anything to do with her (and I’ve watched her vlogs for years) and it just looks nice but pretty basic and not her aesthetic at all.
Like I said earlier I’d be expecting grungy, 90s, glam and shade names like “I’m tired” or “Juno” and stuff like that.

I would also agree that it seems absolutely bizarre to not have posted a reveal type video with swatches and looks and prices and the brand concept before the products launched.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
It’s even more confusing that she’s spent a long time doing this, I’m sure she said it’s been a couple of years in the making. WHYYY hasn’t she done a reveal video? It just gives the impression of being rushed. She’s also been more quiet than I would have thought on socials today

I agree with all the comments about the brand not having any sign of her personality. It’s all very pretty but it’s also very generic, it’s not what I’d have expected Jamie’s brand to look like at all. She has a great unique style, and that doesn’t seem to come across at all. Again, I love her and will support her but I think this launch has just missed the Mark slightly

Reactions: 9
Jeffree shaded her packaging on trend moods Instagram hahahaha.
There’s something off about the whole thing I think- didn’t she have a moan/go at makeup revolution in one of her drugstore hauls because they copy/dupe other brands stuff ??? But then she’s brought out lipsticks that are clearly a copy of Tom Fords and a palette that looks like Anastasia. All seems off. I do like her and hope it does well for her but I’m hoping she’s not been pushed into launching something rushed or that she’s not had as much input or control over as she’d like cos everyone knows how that usually ends up for jaclyn hill 😂

Reactions: 6
Has she literally just put her name to it?

It doesn’t seem anything related to her like how we’ve commented on packaging names of shades etc etc. especially when someone earlier on in the thread found the same shadow pallet on this other Older website?

Reactions: 3
Rally? What he say?
Someone commented saying how it’s unfair that people are saying the packaging etc is copied from other brands and unoriginal because there’s so many of brands out there it’s impossible to do something different and Jeffree replied saying something like if you can’t even think of an original idea for packaging then you shouldn’t release something.

Looks quite similar to this crown palette as well 🤔

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
A sponsored post popped up on my feed last night featuring a Illamasqua palette and I thought JGs looked identical!

Reactions: 6
Someone commented saying how it’s unfair that people are saying the packaging etc is copied from other brands and unoriginal because there’s so many of brands out there it’s impossible to do something different and Jeffree replied saying something like if you can’t even think of an original idea for packaging then you shouldn’t release something.

Looks quite similar to this crown palette as well 🤔
As if anyone in the industry really gives a duck about Jeffree’s opinion any more. He’s kind of a has been and folk not standing for his drama any more

• Haha
Jeffree Star is complete trash, his products should never be supported and if he hated my tit I would be happy 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
There is nothing “Jamie” about any of that. Most tagging their name to a range at least try to make the shade names sound relevant to them. These are all just so generic. A range put together by a manufacturer, slapped with her branding and punted out for sale. Moneygrabber alert 🤑

Reactions: 9
I’m not into makeup much, past the basics. I can’t do eye makeup and I’m not fussed about learning lol so I don’t but palletes, but £45 for one from a new beauty brand seems so excessive! Also agree about the shade names, so generic. Whole thing seems like a bit of a damp squib tbh.

Reactions: 8
The makeup industry is so oversaturated with products at this point like do we really need another warm neutrals palette and more nude lipsticks?

The makeup industry is so oversaturated with products at this point like do we really need another warm neutrals palette and more nude lipsticks?
I went through my personal stash yesterday (I’m a former pro artist so I have more makeup than anyone ever needs).

I’ve found MAC/Makeup Geek dupes for every single shade. My Anastasia soft glam palette looks very similar, and there’s a LOT of similarity in my Urban Decay palettes for example.

Charging £43 for one eyeshadow palette when you’re a new brand and it’s not unique? Nah. Not for me thanks. I’m sure her die hard zombies will buy it, but this is just so unoriginal. I don’t believe she spent years on this, I’m sorry.

As for the highlighters, they look CHUNKY as duck. They look like the pigment would just fall off your brush which is not what you want if it’s a powder. It also looks horrifically sparkly 🤢 thought we were over glitter ball cheeks tbh.

Lipsticks again are basic. WHO needs another nude lipstick??? There are HUNDREDS. What warrants hers costing that amount? They’re more expensive than MAC for duck sake.

I just can’t get over the audacity that she thinks she can charge premium prices when she’s not really demonstrated the potential of the products. It just seems so unlike Jamie that it’s turned me off her even more, which I didn’t think was possible.

May I also just say that her current story of her having to spray her brush with shimmers. Why???? If I’m paying £43 for a palette with shimmers, you best hope I don’t need setting spray to a) prevent fall out or b) intensify. And if you DID need a spray, which again shouldn’t be necessary, WHY didn’t she make one?!?!?! I’m baffled. Completely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.