Jamie Genevieve

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First time poster here! I can believe Jamie when she says this makeup brand has been a while in the making as they’re was a highlighter she didn’t tag ages ago so could’ve been this one? But I’m so disappointed in the price, it’s a brand new makeup brand and just seems like a rip off of other brands too! Won’t be purchasing anything

Reactions: 9
The palette seemed to have a lot of fall out? Or is that just me? So may be a pressed pigment?

Reactions: 3
quite an expensive palette for it being new but wonder if it’s good. Tbh I’m not a eye shadow gal so I don’t tend to pay that price for pallets. Wonder if the brand will take off or will be bought more from her fans

quite an expensive palette for it being new but wonder if it’s good. Tbh I’m not a eye shadow gal so I don’t tend to pay that price for pallets. Wonder if the brand will take off or will be bought more from her fans
I can definitely see it doing well initially. She has alot of support in the beauty community and a big fan base but I guess it will depend on the quality of /formulas going forward. It has to be top notch for that price. And also it may just be a little boring to keep up momentum unless she's planning on releasing more products soon. Just my veiw

Reactions: 7
Has she mentioned where the products are manufactured? If it’s mass produced stuff from China a la Morphe or Colorpop and she’s selling it for a premium then she’s got even more of a cheek

I also agree that the names seem a bit random cos I would have expected the names to represent her personality a bit more 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ll wait and see what the swatches are like and a few more reviews but I’m not sure just now.

Reactions: 4
I think with her demographic of viewers there should be a better postage option like either free postage or free when u spend over a certain amount and I think there should be a Klarna option or something. I think a lot of makeup buyers (myself included) tend to buy not out of necessity but just on impulse. If it was free delivery or free delivery over £30 I probably would’ve bought something just to see what it’s like.
I think her not having Klarna is fairly sensible. Buying makeup on tick is ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I wonder, as someone whose whole career has taken off thanks to working with brands, how many up and coming makeup artists Jamie is going to send samples to?

Off topic but can’t believe her tree is decorated solely with baubles from Silverbirch and that she buys new ones each year, we took a trip last Christmas after her harping on about it and it’s about £15 for one bauble, eyes nearly fell out my head when I seen the price of everything

• Wow
Okay, so I’ve been following Jamie for a long time and I am a huge fan. I bought a lipstick, a liner and one of the highlights, so I guess I’ve been hooked in. The palette looks lovely, BUT how many similar palettes are there out there already?! I own loads of palettes based Jamie’s recommendation, so I’m now hesitant to buy something that’s so similar for £43?!
Again, I’m happy to support her, but the collection doesn’t seem ground breaking, although it is pretty. Also, all the lip products kind of look the same colour, did anyone else think the swatches weren’t great? Also didn’t really like that she launched the products without there being any kind of review or even a reveal video, so I’ve kind of bought these blind 😂

Another thing, I went to meet Jamie at the GHD meet up last December, and she kept mentioning something big coming in August, so I’d imagine this launch was supposed to be happening in August!

Reactions: 2
The palette seemed to have a lot of fall out? Or is that just me? So may be a pressed pigment?
I absolutely hate eyeshadows like this 😭 I have to do my foundation before my eyeshadow even tho that’s not the “correct” way and I just can’t get on board with it the other way. This is the main reason I don’t use my Charlotte tilbury pallets as they are horrendous for falling under the eyes. Good observation as I was tempted!

Reactions: 5
Okay, so I’ve been following Jamie for a long time and I am a huge fan. I bought a lipstick, a liner and one of the highlights, so I guess I’ve been hooked in. The palette looks lovely, BUT how many similar palettes are there out there already?! I own loads of palettes based Jamie’s recommendation, so I’m now hesitant to buy something that’s so similar for £43?!
Again, I’m happy to support her, but the collection doesn’t seem ground breaking, although it is pretty. Also, all the lip products kind of look the same colour, did anyone else think the swatches weren’t great? Also didn’t really like that she launched the products without there being any kind of review or even a reveal video, so I’ve kind of bought these blind 😂
This is the problem, I would happily buy one if I could tell which one I’m actually purchasing! They’re so similar it’s impossible to tell. I was convinced her vlog this week might be “this is me wearing shade x y & z. I think she said she was wearing 1 of them but I want a proper sit down video

Aye if want a good sit down swatching video to see the differences and how they look on cos they do all look similar. The lip liner used with them can make them look totally different as well cos her MAC lipstick used to look a totally different colour on her than when it’s straight out the stick.

I assume it’s all gifted to her, me and my partner went for a look in silverbirch for some garden plants, everything was ridiculously overpriced, this is exactly the reason why I would never buy anything that Jamie tries to sell, she has no concept of money and will literally promote everything that comes into her hands..everything she’s promoted to sponsor is her favourite at the time.. she’s greedy and non authentic..it’s a no from me 👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾

Off topic but can’t believe her tree is decorated solely with baubles from Silverbirch and that she buys new ones each year, we took a trip last Christmas after her harping on about it and it’s about £15 for one bauble, eyes nearly fell out my head when I seen the price of everything

Reactions: 14
This is the problem, I would happily buy one if I could tell which one I’m actually purchasing! They’re so similar it’s impossible to tell. I was convinced her vlog this week might be “this is me wearing shade x y & z. I think she said she was wearing 1 of them but I want a proper sit down video
same! A video going into all the colours, how to use them, a bit of info about the formula and the idea behind her brand would be great! I still bought a lipstick as I said, and a liner, but to be honest I’m not really gonna know what it’s like til it’s here! I know she has released some new pics and swatches now, but feel like that should have been done before the website launch perhaps?

same! A video going into all the colours, how to use them, a bit of info about the formula and the idea behind her brand would be great! I still bought a lipstick as I said, and a liner, but to be honest I’m not really gonna know what it’s like til it’s here! I know she has released some new pics and swatches now, but feel like that should have been done before the website launch perhaps?
She could have uploaded a video last night creating a little hype over the shades etc... I wonder if it’s done as well as she had hoped!

Reactions: 6
She could have uploaded a video last night creating a little hype over the shades etc... I wonder if it’s done as well as she had hoped!
TOTALLY AGREE. She was hyping it up so so much and building suspense, but at least with a reveal video people would know what was coming and what they would want to purchase.

I find it very strange that there isn't a hype video and there's just a regular vlog. We hear more about flippin eyelashes that she didn't create than we've heard about this! Or maybe it's shite and she wants to sell all the stock before people realise :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.