James Charles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If what James has done is true, then it is really appalling but there is something about Tati that rubs me the wrong way. She is a 37 year old woman crying about a teenage boy. She paid and flew him out when he was only 17 to do her makeup and she was in a position of power as she had a career and followers and James was relatively unknown then. If the genders where reversed and it was a man flying out a teen girl and promising big brand deals and lots of money it would be creepy. I can believe that James has made mistakes and preyed on straight men as that is what the evidence shows but Tati still did some questionable things, no matter how nice her intentions where.
I don't think Tati was crying about a teenage, but hurt that someone her and her husband had invested time to mentor had become this person.

Mentors can go above and beyond to help their mentees. I've known some business women and men pay the law school fees, pay their tuition fees, pay for their horse riding lessons for their mentors to excel. So it's not really weird or creepy if you have ever been in the position. Some people actually want to help.

Tati husband was the one probably negotiating the contracts etc since he had the knowledge.

I think Tati holding off was kinda questionable, however I can see the Gabriel video was the last straw because he was rude and acting like he knew the "tea".

Reactions: 11
If what James has done is true, then it is really appalling but there is something about Tati that rubs me the wrong way. She is a 37 year old woman crying about a teenage boy. She paid and flew him out when he was only 17 to do her makeup and she was in a position of power as she had a career and followers and James was relatively unknown then. If the genders where reversed and it was a man flying out a teen girl and promising big brand deals and lots of money it would be creepy. I can believe that James has made mistakes and preyed on straight men as that is what the evidence shows but Tati still did some questionable things, no matter how nice her intentions where.
Wow. This is (thankfully) the only comment I’ve seen of this nature.
This disturbs me more than anything, that literally any time someone does a nice thing or helps someone out, there might be a seedy, dark reason behind it.
She is not “crying about a teenage boy” I think that’s very clear.
She didn’t “promise him big brand deals” where on earth did you get this information? Or “lots of money” 🤷‍♀️
Her husband helped him negotiate a new deal with his management and Tati helped him (as a friend) to get exposure.
If helping a young kid get his foot in the door of the beauty industry is “questionable” I’ve lost all faith in humanity.
Whatever side you land on with these two implying something like this is at play ain’t cool 😐 just my opinion no hate.
I also think Tati struggling to conceive might have made it all the more painful, because she did see him like a son in some ways, in my opinion anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This disturbs me more than anything, that literally any time someone does a nice thing or helps someone out, there might be a seedy, dark reason behind it.
She didn’t “promise him big brand deals” where on earth did you get this information? Or “lots of money” 🤷‍♀️
Her husband helped him negotiate a new deal with his management and Tati helped him (as a friend) to get exposure.
If helping a young kid get his foot in the door of the beauty industry is “questionable” I’ve lost all faith in humanity.
Whatever side you land on with these two implying something like this is at play ain’t cool 😐 just my opinion no hate.
I also think Tati struggling to conceive might have made it all the more painful, because she did see him like a son in some ways, in my opinion anyway.
I totally agree, and agree with the comments about being a mentor to younger peers. I’m currently acting as a mentor to a student and I would literally help them in any way if it means they succeed. I do that because I care, and they have the potential to be amazing.

I love Tati, her videos helped me a lot when I was in and out of surgery last year. It felt like a friend talking to me. I agree what she has done is the right thing and you know that deep down, it’s hurt her to come this far and “cancel” James. I would like to think she’s just as heartbroken as he is.

Reactions: 6
I remember seeing a comment like that made about when Shane flew that little girl singer to him and gave her a few videos and tried to promote her channel. I can see how peoples mind would go there in these days which is the real sad thing.
Everyone's so fast to scream out 'you're a perv' or 'that's sexist' whenever someone does something nice. The world is so sensitive guys won't even do something as simple as hold a door open for a girl incase it's taken as some kind of sexist or anti-feminist remark.
There are so many nice people out there who have no other motive than to just do the right thing, and I genuinely believe Tati just saw a young guy with a dream she could help so did.

Reactions: 5
James Charles is at 14 million followers now. Wow Tati really spilled that tea. I wish she had receipts on other YT-ers that need to go.

Hopefully the tides keep turning on James. A lot of dirt is coming out in the wake of all of this and the more I read and hear about him, the more disgusted I am with him. So vile.

I’m in the camp of Tati being a mentor to James as being benevolent and not malicious or predatory. The latter is more of James’ M.O. not Tati’s. Considering how cutthroat the industry is and LA in general, what Tati did was above and beyond.

I’m not a fan of Tati’s and I won’t be subscribing to her anytime but I appreciate how she laid out everything about James and providing receipts. How open and honest she was about everything from beginning to end. If James had one redeeming quality I might feel bad how much 💩 he’s been getting but his insincere apology video just proves he doesn’t even care or feel any remorse. It’s still all about him and the acting was terrible. An apology means owning up to something you did wrong but instead he kept being vague or dodging the issue. He made it all about him. That’s not an apology and he was so stupid to post it. It only made him look worse. His PR team must be working overtime to stop the hemorrhaging. If I were them I would quit. It’s a sinking ship.

Reactions: 7
Lolll I’ve been watching the live sub count on YouTube, she keeps gaining he keeps losing.
Her 40 min video was very well spoken and classy in my opinion.
I’ve always disliked James, he’s just gross.

Reactions: 3
Maybe she enjoyed being his mentor & being kind. Most new talent needs someone more experienced to take them under their wing & give them advice.
Yep. My husband is a mentor at work for people, some of them only in their early 20s but starting out their career. Nothing that weird about it.

Reactions: 9
From her video where she explained that she got him a $1 mil deal for a makeup line and got him from a couple of hundred to $2.5k for videos overnight.
It would be questionable if it was a man in his late 30s and a teenage girl and the same goes both ways, it's scary that you're saying that someone can't feel uncomfortable with this situation and that disturbs you.
I don't think she did anything seedy or dark, that's an extreme and unfair thing to say as I said before I think she had nice intentions, it's just an uncomfortable situation to think about and I think she holds some responsibility in befriending someone so young and expecting so much from them.
That doesn't take away from James' actions, he is responsible for how he behaved, I wasn't trying to make you lose your faith in humanity by my comment and I didn't think what I said would be the thing that disturbs you more than anything, I'm sorry that was the case, I'll think more about what I type before I comment as my intention wasn't to upset anyone, just say a part of my view that hadn't been brought up.

Reactions: 1
From her video where she explained that she got him a $1 mil deal for a makeup line and got him from a couple of hundred to $2.5k for videos overnight.
It would be questionable if it was a man in his late 30s and a teenage girl and the same goes both ways, it's scary that you're saying that someone can't feel uncomfortable with this situation and that disturbs you.
I don't think she did anything seedy or dark, that's an extreme and unfair thing to say as I said before I think she had nice intentions, it's just an uncomfortable situation to think about and I think she holds some responsibility in befriending someone so young and expecting so much from them.
That doesn't take away from James' actions, he is responsible for how he behaved, I wasn't trying to make you lose your faith in humanity by my comment and I didn't think what I said would be the thing that disturbs you more than anything, I'm sorry that was the case, I'll think more about what I type before I comment as my intention wasn't to upset anyone, just say a part of my view that hadn't been brought up.
No I do understand what you’re saying and I’m not jumping on you, I just think nowadays everything seems to be twisted into something dark or negative, not by you by social media in general. I don’t think you need to edit your opinion at all, it’s healthy we can discuss it!
I think it’s sad that nowadays everyone has to be careful with what they do or say incase it’s received in a negative manner, male and female, and you’ve made a really valid point.
If the sex was reversed, it would be viewed differently!
It’s sad that even the nicest of gestures have people thinking “but why is she/he really doing that 🤔” I suppose that’s the world we live it
(Again this isn’t against you, just SM in general)
I still don’t think this was anything but Tati completely miss judging James Charles as a person and a friend. 😐

Best quote ever 😂
“That wasn’t a spill the tea video, that was a Decapitation video”

Reactions: 3
No I do understand what you’re saying and I’m not jumping on you, I just think nowadays everything seems to be twisted into something dark or negative, not by you by social media in general. I don’t think you need to edit your opinion at all, it’s healthy we can discuss it!
I think it’s sad that nowadays everyone has to be careful with what they do or say incase it’s received in a negative manner, male and female, and you’ve made a really valid point.
If the sex was reversed, it would be viewed differently!
It’s sad that even the nicest of gestures have people thinking “but why is she/he really doing that [emoji848]” I suppose that’s the world we live it
(Again this isn’t against you, just SM in general)
I still don’t think this was anything but Tati completely miss judging James Charles as a person and a friend. [emoji52]
Agreed. I think I'm coming from a different angle. Worked in PR and law. And yes there's some back stabby people. But there's also some amazing people.

There was a married man who paid for a girl tuition fee at a law school because she was super bright but struggling. She interned with me and he obviously saw her passion. If was his wife suggestion (a fellow lawyer at a different firm) to help her.

They like Tati didn't have kids (Tati has mentioned her endometriosis which can cause fertility issues).

That's why I'm not shocked at all at true kindness.

Reactions: 14
I wonder if he’s sexually inexperienced and that’s why he goes for straight guys- cos it’s safe. Just a thought
I think its an ego thing more than anything with him - like getting off on the idea of being able to 'turn' someone or being an 'exception'. (Although obviously sexuality doesn't work like that) I think with his 'fame' as well, he probably thinks even straight guys would be attracted to him.

Reactions: 7
The live sub count is addictive - I just stare at it. I'm not 100% sure I totally understand the intricacies of the story tbh. However I'm amazed Tati could put up with him for 2 years - 5 mins would be my limit.

Reactions: 14
James sub count is going down faster than an influencer on a ferris wheel at Coachella... oh wait...

I found Tati about 5 years ago, back when I enjoyed and was subbed to Fleur DeForce. Tati always been down to earth and honest. Very surprised she put up with him for so long! I don't think I've ever finished watching a JC video, he's so slimy. It all makes sense now.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder is mophe can sue him for bringing the brand into disrepute, reports of lots of pallets being returned and mophe orders cancelled.

Screenshot_20190512-084609.jpg

Screenshot_20190512-085337.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I watched his met video the other day and had to watch this bit twice I was so shocked. He was such a witch to the ginger girl 'yeah it's the brand' and his face....he totally mugged her off. I bet she's loving his downfall right now!

Watch around the 25 minute mark.

So glad his egos taken a bashing. Classic example of what goes up must come down and he's certainly never been taught the phrase be nice to people on your way up. You’ll meet them on your way down.

Haha the little tit is sister screwed. Finally!

Attachments

16A14E6A-B531-48B2-A54D-7ED3487721AC.jpeg

They’re getting destroyed in the comments.
Understandable, especially when they’re answering what could be a valid complaint/issue with digs about the customer obviously being a “Tati supporter”

Classic example of what goes up must come down and he's certainly never been taught the phrase be nice to people on your way up. You’ll meet them on your way down
Aw I don’t know, He seemed to be really nice to the person he met on the way up....
The Ferris wheel 😬
Slightly aggressive but 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There was one thing in Tatis video that I did question and that's when she said about not sending out PR :unsure:

I remember Shane Dawson opening Tati's vitamins on Instagram a while ago.

Now he is saying how much they have improved his skin. I am very sceptical of Tatis vitamins. I'm sure if he used cheaper vitamins they would do the same job. I wonder if he's taken skin vitamins before.

I'm using pregnacy vitamins at the moment and Morrison's own has more ingredients than pregnacare £3 vs £11... and I not really sure where I'm going with this so I'll just shut up :rolleyes::oops:

Attachments