James and Clair Buckley- At Home with the Buckley's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Claire posted a picture of her green out fit that she wore the other evening, I was surprised when someone asked where she bought her shoes, instead of saying where, she said they are linked in the comments, it was an AFF link. I hate it when other vloggers do that, forcing people to click the link just so they can earn pennies. I wonder if their management company has told her to that, because in the past Claire has just named where she has bought items from

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Did anyone see the other day they’ve signed with gleam? Wonder if that will change things at all
Oh Christ on a bike nooooo.

That maybe explains why the last 3-4 vlogs I've really sensed a difference in and not enjoyed? or maybe it was just coincidental.
I too am starting to feel like it's about the money now and that Clair puts in the majority of the work, but maybe she really enjoys it. However she does most everything around the house, so I can see how she'd go off it sometimes.

The one thing is that they always seem to have a healthy relationship and good banter all the time, hope it's really similar to that IRL; so, I would have a hard time thinking that James makes her feel she has to do all that work. I noticed that they've now featured him being totally plastered and hungover in several vlogs, I wonder if he does it a lot more often that we don't see.

I'm surprised their numbers aren't increasing that much, what with the way Clair reposts people watching their vlogs the min they drop and loads of comments coming in, I would think the subs would be steadily climbing faster.

Edit: just caught up on this last page and yeah no, if they're going to start being this way about every bit of money and ads and linking, I'll be a goner.

Reactions: 3
We're starting to lose them as genuine people I think. More ads will be on the way.

Reactions: 4
I don't watch them now it's boring as duck , their views are dropping and the intro at the beginning is annoying and unnecessary it's just YT fs it's not a TV program

Reactions: 1
We're starting to lose them as genuine people I think. More ads will be on the way.
I do wonder if occasionally items or services that have been gifted aren't declared or if it's James just name dropping and hoping the company will approach with the offer of sponsorship Or gifted items?

I should have done the math when they were staying at chewton glen to know something was up with gleam. That place is like their unofficial headquarters. I guess when you're their puppet, the least you deserve is a free stay in a swanky treehouse lol.

I do wonder if occasionally items or services that have been gifted aren't declared or if it's James just name dropping and hoping the company will approach with the offer of sponsorship Or gifted items?
Maybe so. It seems like a running joke that Clair will say something about " I swear this isn't an ad" and James'll shout "well don't say the name until they're paying us" or something. I know he means it half in jest but I feel like he does really wish they'd be sponsored by more companies. Makes me wonder how much they got paid for something like the Hellmanns ad a while back.

I should have done the math when they were staying at chewton glen to know something was up with gleam. That place is like their unofficial headquarters. I guess when you're their puppet, the least you deserve is a free stay in a swanky treehouse lol.

Maybe so. It seems like a running joke that Clair will say something about " I swear this isn't an ad" and James'll shout "well don't say the name until they're paying us" or something. I know he means it half in jest but I feel like he does really wish they'd be sponsored by more companies. Makes me wonder how much they got paid for something like the Hellmanns ad a while back.
They would be gold dust to companies because they aren't just looking at the vlogging fans but also his fans from his acting career, so they must be able to ask for higher fees than most vloggers

They would be gold dust to companies because they aren't just looking at the vlogging fans but also his fans from his acting career, so they must be able to ask for higher fees than most vloggers
I’d agree, once you’re a film star you can technically expect a higher fee for ads than every day regular people with 9-5 jobs who just decided to start a YT channel, I’ve not gone off them though as some people are saying here, I’m still enjoying the vlogs

I’d agree, once you’re a film star you can technically expect a higher fee for ads than every day regular people with 9-5 jobs who just decided to start a YT channel, I’ve not gone off them though as some people are saying here, I’m still enjoying the vlogs
I still like them as a family, because they are fairly down to earth, I also like that they don't show the children, at least they prioritise the boys safety, too many vloggers seem to ignore any risks they may be exposing their kids to

I've only just watched yesterday's vlog, I noticed under the video where the thumbs up etc is, there's a new'thanks'button, apparently it's a super thanks, to donate to the channel, either £2,£5,£10or £50. As much as I like the Buckleys and understand that they need to earn money, I find this 'super thanks' button greedy,it's very clear that their management team are starting to show their influence. I really hope they don't move away from the 'real' content to staged content with their 'youtube' friends, Joe Sugg made yet another appearance

• Wow
Reactions: 6
They’ve had super thanks on for a while. A lot of YouTubers I watch have it on. It doesn’t bother me unless creators mention it constantly which The Buckleys don’t fortunately

They’ve had super thanks on for a while. A lot of YouTubers I watch have it on. It doesn’t bother me unless creators mention it constantly which The Buckleys don’t fortunately
I've never noticed it before,mind you my YouTube layout has altered since my app updated

Am bored so am watching their new vlog, wtf is that green dress Claire is wearing, looks bloody awful on her!!

I've only just watched yesterday's vlog, I noticed under the video where the thumbs up etc is, there's a new'thanks'button, apparently it's a super thanks, to donate to the channel, either £2,£5,£10or £50. As much as I like the Buckleys and understand that they need to earn money, I find this 'super thanks' button greedy,it's very clear that their management team are starting to show their influence. I really hope they don't move away from the 'real' content to staged content with their 'youtube' friends, Joe Sugg made yet another appearance
See, this really bothers me too. Like, a lot. Everyone- the world over- middle and lower class families are having a HELL of a time trying to afford things. Gas, food, and I know people unable to go to any doctors and going to food pantries. So, when you're fairly well off, to have those kinds of donations available, it just rubs me a bit wrong. I know it's everyone's right, but I used to do YouTube and really needed the $ and still could never bring myself to ask. Idk I'm probably thinking too hard about it.

superthanks.jpg

• Heart
See, this really bothers me too. Like, a lot. Everyone- the world over- middle and lower class families are having a HELL of a time trying to afford things. Gas, food, and I know people unable to go to any doctors and going to food pantries. So, when you're fairly well off, to have those kinds of donations available, it just rubs me a bit wrong. I know it's everyone's right, but I used to do YouTube and really needed the $ and still could never bring myself to ask. Idk I'm probably thinking too hard about it.

View attachment 1302596
I do find it strange that people with as much money and success as they do need to beg for money by putting that option on their youtube. I quite enjoyed these vlogs as it seemed to be a hobby aside from their careers which made it more enjoyable as not desperate for money.
Yes take the money that it brings you but to demand/beg for more is insulting and doesn't sit right morally.

Edit to say -According to companies house they have nearly £500,000 just in business accounts

• Wow
Reactions: 2