James and Clair Buckley- At Home with the Buckley's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's a SAHM.

The news of James being Cameo's first millionaire might make people think twice about buying their book. Gleam are squeezing them hard it looks like. I wonder if Clair will get fed up of the management after a while?
I agree,I think she may,I think she likes the casual side to the vlogging,but I think she will get fed up of being expected to churn out weekly vlogs interviews and merchandise. James is definitely money orientated and I can understand that he wants to make money while he can, but Claire does seem to do the editing and majority of the filming

Reactions: 3
I agree,I think she may,I think she likes the casual side to the vlogging,but I think she will get fed up of being expected to churn out weekly vlogs interviews and merchandise. James is definitely money orientated and I can understand that he wants to make money while he can, but Claire does seem to do the editing and majority of the filming
End of the day this book launch etc, they're making money, good on them, but they'll end up like alot of vloggers, folks will get bored of them!

Reactions: 2
Jay from the Inbetweeners was such a great character. James hit the jackpot landing that role. Fair play he acted the part perfectly, but without that role James would be just another actor.

I'm not saying that in spite of anything, because I'm a fan of him and Inbetweeners. But what I mean is he got very fortunate with that role because it's led to him making a great living directly and indirectly from it.

Clair does occasional acting (very occasionally) but I imagine the filming, editing, ad deals etc does take time out her day, even without a book deal thrown in, I really did prefer when it was casual vlogs with no management but at the same time I think good for them, making money whilst they can, I do hope there’s an inbetweeners podcast someday though like James casually mentioned before

Reactions: 4
Clair does occasional acting (very occasionally) but I imagine the filming, editing, ad deals etc does take time out her day, even without a book deal thrown in, I really did prefer when it was casual vlogs with no management but at the same time I think good for them, making money whilst they can, I do hope there’s an inbetweeners podcast someday though like James casually mentioned before
Blake Harrison seems to be having a bit of a career whereas the others can't seem to escape the Inbetweeners' success. Thankfully, James seems more at ease with being known as Jay. Not sure about Joe and Simon though.

Reactions: 1
Blake Harrison seems to be having a bit of a career whereas the others can't seem to escape the Inbetweeners' success. Thankfully, James seems more at ease with being known as Jay. Not sure about Joe and Simon though.
I was just thinking about this yesterday, I do wonder what they’re up to now and they seem very private and aside from Friday Night Dinner (I think that’s what it was called?) I haven’t seen them in much else

I was just thinking about this yesterday, I do wonder what they’re up to now and they seem very private and aside from Friday Night Dinner (I think that’s what it was called?) I haven’t seen them in much else
Yeah, the Inbetweeners really typecasted them and while White Gold was a funny show, you did get the feeling you were watching Joe Thomas and James Buckley play 1980s versions of their Inbetweeners characters.

Friday Night Dinner was fantastic. But, again, Simon Bird was playing Will in another setting. It worked though.

Reactions: 5
Jay from the Inbetweeners was such a great character. James hit the jackpot landing that role. Fair play he acted the part perfectly, but without that role James would be just another actor.

I'm not saying that in spite of anything, because I'm a fan of him and Inbetweeners. But what I mean is he got very fortunate with that role because it's led to him making a great living directly and indirectly from it.
I think what makes this more fascinating was that he said they casted him for the pilot ( or the pre planning) and then got Simon, Joe and Blake and were about ready to shoot the pilot or something and they up and decided they wanted to recast him as well, and I forgot how it happened but I think it was very unsure whether he was going to keep the part or not for a while. He was born to be Jay so I'm glad for him, and it's really nice to see a star/ actor who is proud still of their breakout role and is humble and doesn't begrudge people remembering it all the time.

Lately I'm still a little bored with the last couple of vlogs I think because it's mostly meetup stuff; will be glad if they do them more like they used to.

A bit underwhelmed by the Halloween vlog,not so different to most of the vlogs,only difference was 5 sets of advertisements rather than the usual 2 or 3 sets. I know it must be difficult to think of content,but when they're selling books, merchandise and tickets for meet and greets you'd think the management company would be helping them to come up with new content

Reactions: 6
OA bit underwhelmed by the Halloween vlog,not so different to most of the vlogs,only difference was 5 sets of advertisements rather than the usual 2 or 3 sets. I know it must be difficult to think of content,but when they're selling books, merchandise and tickets for meet and greets you'd think the management company would be helping them to come up with new content
Think they reached there peek in lockdown

Reactions: 4
Not really capturing quite how bad it is but that Alfie Deyes merch is so fugly and unflattering.

Screenshot_20221101_062850_com.google.android.youtube_edit_3304365384619226.jpg

it's still so bizarre to see James in a Zoe Sugg vlog. No matter how much I know they hang in the same circle it never stops being weird

it's still so bizarre to see James in a Zoe Sugg vlog. No matter how much I know they hang in the same circle it never stops being weird
I think I'm lucky as I have no idea who these other vloggers are who appear in their vlogs!!!

No vlog because of the camera,but no delay in posting the Lego Ad abd gifted items from Krispy kreme Doughnuts. I still watch,but the vlogs seemed more authentic and relatable before a management team got involved,

• Wow
Reactions: 7
No vlog because of the camera,but no delay in posting the Lego Ad abd gifted items from Krispy kreme Doughnuts. I still watch,but the vlogs seemed more authentic and relatable before a management team got involved,
I still watch occasionally, but like you said, since they've got a management team involved, now it seems all about the money and promos, shame, they were likeable at the start, not so much now.

I haven't watched them for ages. I don't like the managed vibes.
I liked the family insights and the backstage stuff with James in the play and also really respect them keeping the kids faces private but the ads, the content with Joe Sugg, the stuff with Sky TV and the book that they did is too influencer for my taste.

Reactions: 6
yeah this is starting to grate on me. Have you noticed the clothing reels Clair has been doing the last couple weeks? Surely those are all for ads or for the sake of click throughs or something too?

• Heart
Reactions: 3