James and Carys - busybee.carys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carys has put on weight which I don't think is an issue she's still healthy and we see that she goes for walks/runs a lot.
I do have an issue with her cashing in on a fitness e-book that she clearly doesn't use and is not relevant to her 'brand' anymore.

Reactions: 14
I have a question - how does she even get excited about getting gifts etc anymore (the vid where she got the painting) they own and buy and get gifted so much crap 😵 I get anxious of the amount of stuff they have on the house Art clothes house decor 😵😵😵 im not minimalist but its just too much For 2 people! If I was her I wouldnt want anything For a year cause they Are drowning in crap

Reactions: 4
I have a question - how does she even get excited about getting gifts etc anymore (the vid where she got the painting) they own and buy and get gifted so much crap 😵 I get anxious of the amount of stuff they have on the house Art clothes house decor 😵😵😵 im not minimalist but its just too much For 2 people! If I was her I wouldnt want anything For a year cause they Are drowning in crap
Hahaha I am exactly the same. Like you I am by no means a minimalist and have more than enough clothes but honestly stresses me out seeing these people getting more and more and more stuff! Where the hell does it all fit? They must hire a skip every month

Reactions: 2
How long have you been following her? Back in 2016/17 she looked like this:
View attachment 168948

She did have a slight weight gain after this (before she got married). Then stayed like that for a while, then in the last 6 months she has gained more again. It’s not a small amount I’d say at least 2 stone from her smallest? Yeah it’s not terrible or anything but when you look at old pictures it’s very noticeable. Anyway why am I concerning myself with the weight of an influencer I don't even know, that’s what working from home does to you!
I don’t know exactly how old carys is but I’m about the same as her, maybe one year older/younger than me.
It’s important to note that in 2016 she would of been what, 19? Maybe 20? Between 20-24 my body has changed a LOT and that’s normal as I’m getting a bit older! Getting used to the fact that my body will never be how it was when I was 18-20 is very difficult but its something everyone goes through. I’m sure it’s the same with her.
None of us know what her mentality was like in these pics, maybe she was very unhappy, counting calories constantly etc. She says she’s happy at the size she is now and she’s in no way obese so I think she should just be left alone honestly

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t know exactly how old carys is but I’m about the same as her, maybe one year older/younger than me.
It’s important to note that in 2016 she would of been what, 19? Maybe 20? Between 20-24 my body has changed a LOT and that’s normal as I’m getting a bit older! Getting used to the fact that my body will never be how it was when I was 18-20 is very difficult but its something everyone goes through. I’m sure it’s the same with her.
None of us know what her mentality was like in these pics, maybe she was very unhappy, counting calories constantly etc. She says she’s happy at the size she is now and she’s in no way obese so I think she should just be left alone honestly
That’s not an inevitable thing though - not everyone’s bodies change that dramatically and I do think sometimes people think “oh well everyone gains weight as they get older so I can’t change it”. Sure some people do fill out a bit but just as you can gain weight you can also loose it too. Stuff like hips getting wider and boobs bigger sure that’s not something you can change but just general weight isn’t set in stone. I know a lot of girls who are in fact thinner now than they were at 19 due to being more aware of healthy choices etc.

Reactions: 3
That’s not an inevitable thing though - not everyone’s bodies change that dramatically and I do think sometimes people think “oh well everyone gains weight as they get older so I can’t change it”. Sure some people do fill out a bit but just as you can gain weight you can also loose it too. Stuff like hips getting wider and boobs bigger sure that’s not something you can change but just general weight isn’t set in stone. I know a lot of girls who are in fact thinner now than they were at 19 due to being more aware of healthy choices etc.
this is obvious. People’s bodies change at different rates and in different ways. I just know its very common to have weight gain between these ages as I’ve seen in many of my friends and it’s hard to adjust to. I’m simply saying to keep that fact in mind when judging how her body has changed.

Im so much healthier now in my 20s but have I put on weight? Yep! Likely bc I was skinny and restricted from 16-20! Of course this is not the case for every person but for many it is

Last edited:
I must admit I am shocked at how people are commenting on Carys’ body here - so many comments about her ‘drastic’ weight gain or her weight gain is shocking. The girl is fine, she’s got no cellulite, she’s got no rolls... there’s a pic of her getting into a pool in her bathers and she looks insane! You guys must have very high standards. I’m only a size 10 but I’ve gained weight recently and my god I would kill to look like Carys!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
But she promoted this as the ideal to strive for. She was the one making money off looking this way.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think anyone cares that she’s gained weight, just that she still promotes and sells her fitness guide without actually being into fitness anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t think anyone cares that she’s gained weight, just that she still promotes and sells her fitness guide without actually being into fitness anymore
This is basically the same discussion on gracefit/beverleys thread that pushing fitness guides and products when clearly not into fitness anymore

Also I have no issue with them gaining weight and not being into fitness anymore, as they want to venture into new things BUT I do have an issue with them pushing products that they no longer use/believe in and with no qualifications to create these guides.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Came to see if she has a board here because I followed her back when she did fitness content and was very slender, came across her again today and can’t believe another ex fitness person has put a lot of weight on. Not because she looks bad, but because this seems quite common now in people who once made fitness content. Elle Darby, Grace Beverley, etc. They seem to end up bigger than they were before they did it which seems odd to me as they must be very body aware etc. Any thoughts on why that is?

THIS!! If I'd bought the guide I wouldn't mind if she'd put weight on.
I honestly cannot BELIEVE most of this thread is about her weight!

Reactions: 2
THIS!! If I'd bought the guide I wouldn't mind if she'd put weight on.
I honestly cannot BELIEVE most of this thread is about her weight!
Yeh it’s shocking right? Her weight is fine. Most people with common sense can see that the guide works from her previous progress, but that she’s slacked off presently - which is fine.

Reactions: 11
Came to see if she has a board here because I followed her back when she did fitness content and was very slender, came across her again today and can’t believe another ex fitness person has put a lot of weight on. Not because she looks bad, but because this seems quite common now in people who once made fitness content. Elle Darby, Grace Beverley, etc. They seem to end up bigger than they were before they did it which seems odd to me as they must be very body aware etc. Any thoughts on why that is?
A lot of ex-fitness influencers have discovered that there is a bigger market nowadays for “body positivity” and lifestyle influencers. They amass a following through their fitness content then switch to being a lifestyle influencer and gradually stop posting fitness content. It’s just another trend they’re jumping on, a lot of them were probably never really into fitness in the first place.

Reactions: 5
I’m newish to this pair lockdown has a lot to answer for 😆 I binged watched a few videos and she mentioned she used to be insecure etc and jealous then acts like she isn’t anymore but they spend every minute together so how does she know the insecurity has gone?

I get strange vibes from this pair she can’t do anything without him and she comes across needy I bet he’s not allowed a life or friends away from her. Just wanted to jump in and comment about that as a newbie

• Heart
Does anyone else literally cringe when they see Carys without a bra. Its awful! Especially in those dresses where you can see the sag! I can't believe she's so young and she has boobs like that!
Phew. Such a relief we dont all have to dress to please you!

I like carys a lot, she always seems to upbeat and positive. I love her body positivity, she has a normal body, i do not get the bitchy comments on here about her weight at all! I liked James until i read on here anout him being controlling, hadnt Seen it before but defo do now.

• Heart
Phew. Such a relief we dont all have to dress to please you!

I like carys a lot, she always seems to upbeat and positive. I love her body positivity, she has a normal body, i do not get the bitchy comments on here about her weight at all! I liked James until i read on here anout him being controlling, hadnt Seen it before but defo do now.
Completely agree about the weight comments. There’s not a thing wrong with her body.

Reactions: 6
Completely agree about the weight comments. There’s not a thing wrong with her body.
Absolutely. She may not be as lean as she used to be but I bet she's still healthier and fitter than most on here. Fitness isn't just about what you look like.

Reactions: 8
Thoughts on the new YouTube video Carys surprising James for their anniversary? Seems absolutely bizarre that they would still have this outdoor setup in the pouring rain and Carys got every last detail to set it up.. I wonder if it’s gifted (I think so) or she paid 👀 it’s a bit OTT especially in the rain!?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.