James and Carys #9 flogging ITS collection being misleading shh James is now breastfeeding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
everything is either a routine e.g. stretch routine, sleep routine etc or x life, bored of hearing mum life, parenting life, newborn life šŸ™„šŸ¤£
Donā€™t forget ā€˜transformationā€™ šŸ™„šŸ˜“

The bit of their blog talking about Amberā€™s bedtime - arenā€™t you not meant to leave them unattended to sleep? So putting them down upstairs at this young age is against safe sleep guidance? Itā€™s irresponsible of them to talk about a ā€˜bedtimeā€™ for a 5 week old!

Sounds to me like the witching hour may be in its way. Good luck Jarys šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ (they will never admit it though!)

Sheā€™s only 25?! Iā€™m 10 years older than her and donā€™t feel like she looks ten years younger than me. feeling good now šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Jesus christ, that was possibly the most dull vlog I've ever seen. What a sad, boring life they have.

Reactions: 11
Donā€™t forget ā€˜transformationā€™ šŸ™„šŸ˜“

The bit of their blog talking about Amberā€™s bedtime - arenā€™t you not meant to leave them unattended to sleep? So putting them down upstairs at this young age is against safe sleep guidance? Itā€™s irresponsible of them to talk about a ā€˜bedtimeā€™ for a 5 week old!

Sounds to me like the witching hour may be in its way. Good luck Jarys šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ (they will never admit it though!)

Sheā€™s only 25?! Iā€™m 10 years older than her and donā€™t feel like she looks ten years younger than me. feeling good now šŸ˜‚
I thought this too. I know some people put their little ones upstairs to bed and then just monitor them on a camera, but safe sleep guidance from lullaby trust advises against this and says you must be in the same rooms as them for all sleep (naps and nighttime) until they are 6 months to prevent SIDS

Reactions: 8
I really thought sheā€™d be so maternal and cuddly like another poster said above somewhere. But she isnā€™t at all ?? Theyā€™re so cold itā€™s weird

Theyā€™re both just obsessed with her sleeping all day soon sheā€™ll wake up to the world and will only have a few naps. And are they awake that forcing her to sleep all day and ā€˜boringā€™ her will just make her stay up all night...

Reactions: 18
I actually couldnā€™t watch their new flog they are sooooooooo boring and smug now and itā€™s so obvious they read here itā€™s too pathetic to watch them try make it less obvious while still indirectly speaking about tattle comments.

I actually couldnā€™t watch their new flog they are sooooooooo boring and smug now and itā€™s so obvious they read here itā€™s too pathetic to watch them try make it less obvious while still indirectly speaking about tattle comments.

Reactions: 8
She talks absolute crap and uses every opportunity she can even ones where thereā€™s a bit of hope sheā€™s being real about how hard motherhood can be to brag. For example in this story she says that thereā€™s not been many times Amber has needed her to settle her as she ā€œself settlesā€ but sheā€™s said loads recently that sheā€™s struggled with Amber because she has been fussy around the night time period. So which one is it? Can she self settle or does she do what most babies do and have fussy periods and cry and are unsettled?
Not only this but she has started the story off in the most patronising and Braggy way saying it shocks her when Amber doesnt settle because she does it all by herself usually and sleeps 3+ hours yet then proceeds to try and give advice to women who have babies who donā€™t self settle and have fussy periods? Maybe if youā€™re going to try and be relatable and give advice donā€™t shove it down peopleā€™s throats that Amber is usually not like that. She needs to make up her mind on what she wants to be. Either braggy or relatable because this false act sheā€™s putting on is just a joke. Using every post just to brag.
7C7BC1F8-08BF-4C72-9DB9-59F96166B00F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh ffs hold her! Cuddle her to sleep. it's so uncomfortable to watch.

Reactions: 15
They are approaching everything way too technically. Newborns are pretty much always fussy in the evenings, itā€™s really really normal (not called the witching hour for nothing). They are speaking absolute shite saying she is being fussy because sheā€™s trying to tell them itā€™s her ā€˜bedtimeā€™. Sheā€™s a month old FFS, they donā€™t know the difference between night and day yet!!

Itā€™s exhausting trying to keep up with all the routines they are instilling to try to ā€˜fixā€™ Amber, when babiesā€™ sleep changes constantly in the first year. Youā€™ll think youā€™ve fixed it and then youā€™ll hit teething, growth sports, crawling/standing/walking etc, all of which can duck up their sleep. And yet they also say she is perfect and sleeps amazingly sooo..which is it Carys?

Reactions: 31
They are approaching everything way too technically. Newborns are pretty much always fussy in the evenings, itā€™s really really normal (not called the witching hour for nothing). They are speaking absolute shite saying she is being fussy because sheā€™s trying to tell them itā€™s her ā€˜bedtimeā€™. Sheā€™s a month old FFS, they donā€™t know the difference between night and day yet!!

Itā€™s exhausting trying to keep up with all the routines they are instilling to try to ā€˜fixā€™ Amber, when babiesā€™ sleep changes constantly in the first year. Youā€™ll think youā€™ve fixed it and then youā€™ll hit teething, growth sports, crawling/standing/walking etc, all of which can duck up their sleep. And yet they also say she is perfect and sleeps amazingly sooo..which is it Carys?
Your absolutely right. Everything is way too technical. Theyā€™re treating her like a robot

Reactions: 12
100% agree, I hate seeing babies in shoes, my son is 21 months and only started wearing shoes when he took he could walk, my daughter is 12 weeks so obviously not wearing shoes!
Not related to this thread at all but just wanted to say hey because my daughter is also 12 weeks!

I didnā€™t even realise 4 week olds could self soothe šŸ™„ sheā€™s in for a massive shock if she thinks 3 hours of feeding and rocking amber to sleep is a bad night.

I can just imagine James frantically flicking through his ā€œguide to sleep trainingā€ book, looking for the answers šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just came to say I don't think a 4 week old can self settle. 3 hours of feeding sounds like cluster feeding. Just cuddle her, you don't have to do anything else.
They both "work" from home, James can do the housework whilst carys cuddles her. Or vice versa.

Reactions: 25
It makes me so sad that theyā€™re obsessed with their month old baby self soothing/settling. Hold your daughter, stop making out she has a problem that needs ā€˜fixingā€™ and read up on the fourth trimester. Itā€™s so common for breastfed babies to feed for long periods - itā€™s very different than formula feeding. They have to remember the breast is for comfort as well as nutrition.

How long until theyā€™re banging on about a sleep consultant?

Reactions: 16
Self soothe at 4 weeks old šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ nah Iā€™m done! What an absolute idiot. Just admit you left your baby to cry by herself šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Iā€™m confused about what sheā€™s trying to say anyway ? Is she saying Ambers a great sleeper because she sleeps three hours at a time ? Bc thatā€™s not actually that great lol my baby actually slept through from a month old as in ALL night, 7 hours. And I donā€™t remember bragging about it so much omg. You just get on with it. sheā€™s contradicting herself so much bc she wants to share her struggles and be relatable but at the same time is obsessed with keeping up with this image of having this perfect baby when really sheā€™s just like every other newborn!

Reactions: 7
Letā€™s be honest here she doesnā€™t know her arse from her elbow when it comes to baby reality, theyā€™ve had these unrealistic courses/read books/researched till their hearts content but NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING can or ever will prepare you for your own baby or being a parent. They need to stop pretending lifeā€™s perfect and just be Ambers parents not ā€œbooks/courses/researchersā€ parent .
Not watched the new vlog but have they really put her upstairs to sleep while theyā€™re downstairs??

Reactions: 20
Letā€™s be honest here she doesnā€™t know her arse from her elbow when it comes to baby reality, theyā€™ve had these unrealistic courses/read books/researched till their hearts content but NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING can or ever will prepare you for your own baby or being a parent. They need to stop pretending lifeā€™s perfect and just be Ambers parents not ā€œbooks/courses/researchersā€ parent .
Not watched the new vlog but have they really put her upstairs to sleep while theyā€™re downstairs??
The amount of times they mention ā€˜the courseā€™ and ā€˜routinesā€™ for a 5 week old is so weird.

Reactions: 11
100% self soothe meant they left her to cry. if you google can a 5 week old self soothe the answer is very clearly no, but amber is probably just so advanced, so we can't tell them it's too early šŸ¤£ I don't get why they are so obsessed with her sleep, they can't go one day without bragging she "slept through", yet a few mins later she's saying she wakes up once or twice for a feed during the night. That isn't sleeping through then is it (waking up for feeds is completely normal for breastfed babies especially)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.