James and Carys #8 born at 40 wks, 3 wks overdue. Amber let's get some content out of you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered from carys last maternity launch and tbf I have 4 dresses and they are very comfy so I'm actually quite disappointed that she's not brought maternity sizes out in this range, especially when she's only just given birth so could probably get away with still wearing maternity fits

Reactions: 4
There’s nothing wrong with feeding on schedule, it puts the baby into a routine. That’s the way I did it with my first and found it a lot better than demand feeding like I did with my second. You schedule it around when you know your baby will want to feed so it’s not like they’re left starving for an extra hour or whatever. A lot of midwives actually recommend that.
I don’t think anyone should be criticised for the way they choose to parent especially when the baby isn’t being hurt.
I’m sorry but weeks old babies should not be left to get ‘really hungry’. Not feeding a tiny baby, any baby because it’s not ‘on schedule’, their schedule, and leaving it hungry is horrendous. I’d sure as hell criticise a parent doing that.

Are you talking about bottle feeding? For bottle fed babies it’s different but NHS advice for breast fed babies is to feed on demand. And noone advises a 2 week old BF baby should be on a schedule because it doesn’t allow for milk supply to become established, stomach size changing so rapidly, growth spurts, cluster feeding etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
exactly, if I left my breastfed baby to feed every 3-4 hrs, she'd be screaming for majority of that time 🤣

Reactions: 11
The thing about these two is they keep talking talking talking like know what they’re on about but they actually know Jack tit

Reactions: 14
The thing about these two is they keep talking talking talking like know what they’re on about but they actually know Jack tit
It's the constant over explaining of absolutely everything that irritates the hell out of me. I get that some people may be new to their channel, or some might not be parents or dog owners, but we're not flipping stupid.

Reactions: 17
Sorry, 20 year old here who's never met a baby, how often do newborns need to be fed then!!??
whenever they’re hungry. For my babies that was anywhere between 1-2 hours

I noticed them saying they were feeding on a 3 hourly schedule as well. With breastfeeding that is a recipe for too much weight loss in baby, insufficient milk supply as it’s not had time to get properly established

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Sorry, 20 year old here who's never met a baby, how often do newborns need to be fed then!!??
I demand feed, so whenever she wants 🤣 sometimes it's a few hours between, sometimes she cluster feeds which is lots of feeds close together

mine was typically 1-2 hours for the first 6 months apart from cluster feeds which was basically constantly on the boob from about 4pm until midnight

Suddenly I'm glad I'm 20 and not in the position to have kids! Massive respect to you guys❤

mine was typically 1-2 hours for the first 6 months apart from cluster feeds which was basically constantly on the boob from about 4pm until midnight

Reactions: 9
As others have said, loads! But babies also sleep so much some need to be woken to feed as newborns shouldn’t go for more than 3-4 hours without feeding. That’s where the 3 hr thing comes from I’d guess.
It’s 3 hrs from the start of the last feed so if they feed for half hr, you need to feed again 2.5hrs later. It’s quite plausible that that’s why they mention the 3 hrs and more than likely but you just hope they haven’t misconstrued.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
As others have said, loads! But babies also sleep so much some need to be woken to feed as newborns shouldn’t go for more than 3-4 hours without feeding. That’s where the 3 hr thing comes from I’d guess.
It’s 3 hrs from the start of the last feed so if they feed for half hr, you need to feed again 2.5hrs later. It’s quite plausible that that’s why they mention the 3 hrs and more than likely but you just hope they haven’t misconstrued.
My midwife told me that as long as they are getting a minimum of 8 feeds a day then you dont need to wake them at night 🤷🏻‍♀️ So much simpler than timing it to just feed when they are hungry that way you get more sleep at night too but everyone is different

Reactions: 5
Someone on here mentioned Carys' use of soft / stretchy / comfy to describe everything. I didn't realise quite how bad it was until I looked at her stories today and realised that every outfit was either, soft, stretchy, comfy, or a combination of the three. It is so ridiculous. I can only think that because it is cheap tat, she can't think of any other words. I can't imagine her describing any of it as 'luxurious' or 'thick' or anything other than something which describes cheap stretchy rubbish. it's so infuriating when you notice how much she does it!

Another YouTuber had ordered her collection in USA and said it was cheap quality except one or two things. She wasn’t impressed by it.

• Wow
Another YouTuber had ordered her collection in USA and said it was cheap quality except one or two things. She wasn’t impressed by it.
I find In The Style clothing really hit and miss most of the time, I’ve bought some things I’ve really liked and that have been decent quality and other stuff that’s been really awful :/ and some of their stuff isn’t that cheap I don’t think so you would expect it to be better.....I understand the cheaper stuff maybe isn’t such good quality but then that being said I’ve bought cheap clothes other places and been really impressed! It doesn’t surprise me that the stuff from this collection is cheap, it can’t be that amazing given the prices they reduce it to a day or so after release! They just hike the prices up from the outset! It’s way better to wait until they put stuff in the sale! Lol! That way if it’s still available, at least you don’t pay over the odds for it!

Reactions: 6
I feel like they are still saying stuff they're going to look back on and be embarrassed by lol

I remember thinking babies were dead easy in those early days ( and tbh im blessed with a relatively laid back baby still) but when she 'woke up' to the world everything changes 😂

I wish the vlogs where just carys and occasionally James because he is infuriating. He's that person in uni who sits at the front and constantly has to say something, or ask questions he thinks sound smart..

Reactions: 19
My midwife told me that as long as they are getting a minimum of 8 feeds a day then you dont need to wake them at night 🤷🏻‍♀️ So much simpler than timing it to just feed when they are hungry that way you get more sleep at night too but everyone is different
I believe it’s babies that are at risk of losing too much weight & tiny ones, the 3hr. We couldn't let ours go more than 3 until she was back to birth weight then onto min 8/day. Can’t tell you how much I hated waking a sleeping baby at night!! 😂

I don’t understand the term ‘easy to wear’ - particularly when the dresses look a bit like you’d be constantly checking for nip slip 🤷🏼‍♀️ What’s hard to wear?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.