Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mcgee

VIP Member
Happy anniversary James but do you know how I fell in love with my BELLY over the years? It was so so hard for me and the best thing that happened since I’ve been with you! Oh the house and the money and the two beautiful daughters we have? And the actual fact we’ve been together for 10 years? I mean yeah but my BELLY BELLY BELLY is more important
She can’t even have a day off from spouting all that shit on her anniversary. That is the lamest most self absorbed anniversary post I’ve ever seen. Like you say no mention of the actual life they’ve built together, just about her falling in love with herself. If I was James I’d be pissed with that post. Hope she wrote something nicer and more special in a personal card.

Reactions: 18

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
«size up size down usual size true to size» 😵💫
She’s literally sized them so that she can say she’s a smaller size hasn’t she! In her her latest tik tok she tries on a pair that are clearly far too tight and is moaning about them, just buy a bigger size! She then whips her stretchy ones out in a smaller size and surprise they fit! It’s ridiculous :/ even her own brand ones look tight on her no matter how comfy she swears they are! She just needs to either lose weight so she can stop with all this crap or accept she’s not a bloody size 12 and be done with it!!

Reactions: 18

justonemorepage

VIP Member
Also regarding her friend - instead of grief baiting people into thinking it may have had something to do with James's mother, I would have had so much more respect for her if she'd just said "a friend of mine is going through something life changing at the moment and I need to take some time off to be there for her" then either postpone the launch of her jeans or explain that the Ambela team would be taking over the launch and she'd be back online when she's ready. The people who really wanted to buy her jeans would have understood and still bought her jeans regardless of if she plugged them on her page or not.

Maybe that's just me though, but I feel like she lacks empathy and can't separate her online job from her real life. Like someone else said, she could have then donated a percentage of her sales to the just giving page for her friend and still raised awareness but in a more compassionate way.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

justonemorepage

VIP Member

This is why Carys' "bloated bellies are normal" narrative is so dangerous. It's not normal for all women and people need to take it seriously.

evoway13

VIP Member
....She's covering her back with returns by charging £2.50 per pair. I mentioned this some time ago. In Turkey, they make jeans at $2.50 - $4.50 per pair (if you bulk buy ). So, at £2.50 per pair returned, we know that's the cost of manufacturing plus any add ons (admin etc). She's doing the same as In The Style. Cheap clothing = massive mark-up. They'll be the same quality as any cheap high street jeans

• Wow

85duckpuddle

IMG_8824.jpeg

I’m so confused by these pants, what are they even supposed to be… they look like some weird compression medical underwear you’d wear after an operation or something, what the hell :ROFLMAO:

Love the fact she’s vanity sized her own range so she’s now a size 12 again ;)

Reactions: 16

Sunshine99

Chatty Member
Just looked on ambela insta and there are two stories from whoever bought jeans and I kid you not they deffo don't look like mom jeans ?? I think they must of sized down two sizes and now they look like skinny jeans 🤦‍♀️ what the foook?!?!
Wow they literally do, and the pockets look awful. I'd be so disappointed if I'd have ordered them expecting mom jeans for £65. I bet these ladies don't care though, they're just chuffed that they have Carys' jeans.

Disgusting she was going on and on on her stories about bad news she’d got when her friend would have been dealing with the worst experience of her life. I presume that she was making her friends news about her.

peachesandcreamz

VIP Member
"Investing" £100k doesn't mean they spent £100k on jeans, there will be a lot of other costs involved in production, shipping, legal fees etc.

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
Ridiculous!!!! And she's teased at a denim short releasing in a week or two...it's about to be July? You're too late!! Shorts should've come out FIRST (early May time) and the jeans should be September.

For someone that's run so many (unsuccessful) "businesses", you think she'd learn from her mistakes. How is stock still an issue? How can you not predict demand? Why are you even doing a "pre-sale" if you can't cater to everyone in it? Cap the number of available registrations!! Arghhhhhh
can we reinstate the word ‘pair’. It irks me no end that Cary’s has started referring to things as ‘a Jean’ or ‘a short’. It’s a pair of shorts dammit.

bananabutter

VIP Member
If it’s a really premium jeans brand as she keep saying, then surely the sizes would be in waist and leg length as there’s no ambiguity there 🙄

Your clothes should not give you a bellyache… that’s not something to normalise.

I suffer with bad bloating and need to wear loose fitting clothes and avoid high waists. But I would never think of my clothes “giving me a bellyache”.

She needs to get the source issue sorted out, rather than making her young audience think it’s normal to be that bloated and in pain and then blame it on clothes

Twobecomingthree

Why is she now trying on a size 18 for length. She’s been trying to convince us she’s a size 12 and ‘sizes up to a 14’ for the last 2 years, now she’s trying to tell us an 18 will be longer in the leg…?

• Haha