Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

evoway13

VIP Member
I don't know where she's getting her measurements from??? I'm 5 foot 1 and 32 inside leg to the top of my foot! My daughter is 5 foot 8 and has a 34 inch inside leg......

Reactions: 6

ann88

Chatty Member
So as per usual she’s just rambling and is in no way helpful, great advertising Carys! They’re going to have so many returns as people will be massively confused about the sizing

glow21

peachesandcreamz

VIP Member
The clips from that photoshoot with the various sized models, funnily enough everyone with a larger b*lly looks extremely uncomfortable and unflattering lol

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
She's finally posted "recommend" leg lengths and I'm dead 💀 30.5 is not tall 😂 then she says they are designed to hit the ankle - okay fair enough but look at Naylas 😭
Who’s rolling them up at that length!? I’m 5’4 and would wear at least a 30 leg over boots because height doesn’t always dictate leg length.
If they’re a ‘Jean for all’ you’re better longer with a roll than too short for heels or boots without making your legs look short.

plwcm

VIP Member
The guy from Colchester has had 3 failed businesses. He lives near me, tempted to go round and ask what he’s thinking.
ah, I hadn't researched them myself, just seen what people had put on here 😂.
I doubt ambela will be a household name but reckon she can milk it a bit with different colourways of the same Jean, a skinny Jean etc, the shorts, probably denim jackets or skirts even too and her followers will buy

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
Ive not seen any negative reviews as such, and ive also not seen a tonne of positive. Considering it sold out in minutes i was expecting to see loads of praise. Carys said she has received a lot of positive feedback and she posted a screen shot of the messages, but from what i could see they were the same as what was posted on the ambela page ( 20 reviews or there about). I want to see a proper review on them, not gifted just an honest review.
I’ve seen a couple on tik tok, they didn’t slate them, did say they prob should have sized up and that they were very skinny fit for mum jeans, someone also said the tie thing at the bag was really uncomfortable when sitting down, apart from that I’ve not really seen anything else! They didn’t look great on either person tho to be honest, one looked a lot better than the other but she was a slimmer girl and they just looked nicer on her, def nothing to make me rush out and replace my new look jeans with them when they’re more than double the price! Lol!

Reactions: 5

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
5 foot 9 is not short. Her sizing is ridiculous she just wants to be able to say she fits into a 10 or something equally as ridiculous
I think leg length is very personal tho as I’m 5’2 but have never bought short length jeans or trousers, I have longer legs and a short torso so short is too short for me especially if I want to wear heels, my sister in law is the opposite tho, long body and dumpy legs, so she always buys short trousers :/ but I agree at 5’9 is have thought they’d be needing tall so for those to be regular and fit, they’re going to be way too long to for someone like me, it seems with these jeans you have to buy a completely different size to what you actually are as everything is so off :/ which is crazy!!

evoway13

VIP Member
Carys, instead of the sizing up/down crap .....just give the waist/hip/length measurements :rolleyes:

Is it just me or do those ambela jeans look f##kin terrible? Like, visually, they don’t look nice at all.
Their arses look huge!! Not flattering at all !

The size 8 model looks a size 12!

Cocomelonmom

Chatty Member
Hey new to Carys... Literally just come across her... I feel like I want to love her because I have huge postnatal belly (still look pregnant, thanks diastasis recti and weight gain😖) so seeing body shapes like this honestly make me feel like less of a freak🥺 and less ashamed of my body.

My thing is though, how is she making clothes look so good on her??... Is she sucking her belly in to pose for pics?? Because the stuff she wears makes her look so much better that I think it would me.. it basically conceals her belly whereas on me I'd still look pregnant.

So is she sticking it out for pics unclothed then sucking it in or editing for the clothes pics?? I just don't get it.

Cos I'd say her belly looks bigger or about the same as mine (plus I'm taller than her but smaller boobs - fuck her mammaries are fucking colossal int they😳) but I just can't make any outfits conceal my distended abdominal area😭 and I honestly do not understand how she's dressing in a way that totally conceals hers??!!!!

Side note - Apologies for the repeated use of BELLY 🫠😂
1000038518.png

littlepup

VIP Member
I find clothes sizing so mental. I'm working with an online fitness coach at the moment (10kg down woohoo!) so I have to send my measurements every week to her.

So I know my sizing and the variation is so crazy! I've ranged from 10 - 20 across high street brands! Rixo was the size 20 and Matalan the size 10! I'm always nagging my friends to know their measurements and just check a sizing guide to save any heartache!

Not sure the point I'm trying to make with my post but worth giving yourself a measure gals and going on from there!
Yes! I always say if she and others just gave their measurements instead of all the ramble people might know what they’re doing. But they could never be that honest.

betty14

View attachment 3008596
I’m so confused by these pants, what are they even supposed to be… they look like some weird compression medical underwear you’d wear after an operation or something, what the hell :ROFLMAO:

Love the fact she’s vanity sized her own range so she’s now a size 12 again ;)
They are really comfy pants from m&s but they must be old as heck to have gone this colour! Mine have never done this 😂

• Haha

littlepup

VIP Member
There are more costs than just production, the ‘landed’ cost plaus marketing etc but she’s pretty much relied on the reach of her established business and an existing IG page. She’s used “real people” instead of paid models, having them do the product demos. She even asked if people preferred pics shot on an iPhone!
She knows she’ll sell X amount regardless of cost but every sale beyond that she’ll have to work for so let’s say she knows among her loyal fans she can sell 500 @ £65 = £32,500
having them at £45 would mean having to sell 778 units for the same money.
She can take the bucks now from the loyal fans and do a sale later to clean up the people who are more price driven.

She’s successfully confused everyone with her size chatter yet she’s still saying the same babble 🤯😂

glow21

Not carys telling people NOT to buy gymshark for the next week because their sale starts next Thursday 🤦‍♀️ bet they love having her on their books 🙄
Did she post something about that? It doesn’t surprise me tho, she wants to seem like shes doing her followers a favour.

Cocomelonmom

Chatty Member
The first photo, she's taken a big breath in - you can tell from the position of her shoulders. The second photo, she's really breathing out and slouching....again, the shoulders give it away........
But why is she doing this though?? Is it to make the clothes look better on than they actually do, so she can sell them? Therefore is it purely a money making thing??

I do feel like the photo I shared above, the one on the left could also be edited? Because no amount of holding your breath in could make your waist appear that tiny in comparison to the pic on the right, surely???!

Cloff

VIP Member
I find clothes sizing so mental. I'm working with an online fitness coach at the moment (10kg down woohoo!) so I have to send my measurements every week to her.

So I know my sizing and the variation is so crazy! I've ranged from 10 - 20 across high street brands! Rixo was the size 20 and Matalan the size 10! I'm always nagging my friends to know their measurements and just check a sizing guide to save any heartache!

Not sure the point I'm trying to make with my post but worth giving yourself a measure gals and going on from there!