Jameela Jamil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And his sister tweeted something implying it was bullshit too, didn’t she? 😂
That’s right

47DEF647-9E41-4103-98DC-5BC074DFBAFD.jpeg

According to wiki:

The Streisand effect is a social phenomenon that occurs when an attempt to hide, remove, or censor information has the unintended consequence of further publicizing that information, often via the Internet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Her examples are Roman Polanski, prince Andrew and Harvey Weinstein. Pretty sure those guys all got bleeping cancelled.
Screenshot_20200702-184423_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 2
Eh? She’s the one that tweeted a reply saying she would welcome male rapists and sex abusers into women’s spaces with open arms 🤔🤔🤔
But is actively trying to have JK Rowlung cancelled for being a victim of Male violence who dares to question ",acceptance without exception"

Reactions: 21
Her examples are Roman Polanski, prince Andrew and Harvey Weinstein. Pretty sure those guys all got bleeping cancelled. View attachment 170320
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I don't know what makes you think Roman Polanski and Prince Andrew have been "cancelled"; neither of them have faced any real consequences, both still live in luxury and Polanski still has a career. Not sure where she's coming from with Weinstein, he's the exception to the general rule. Mel Gibson got nominated for a bleeping Oscar within six years of being recorded saying the N-word, saying if someone was raped it would be her fault, and having a DV charges brought against him. Women lose their careers for far less.

But is actively trying to have JK Rowlung cancelled for being a victim of Male violence who dares to question ",acceptance without exception"
JK Rowling is doing a pretty good job of cancelling herself, I think.

Reactions: 6

I don't know what makes you think Roman Polanski and Prince Andrew have been "cancelled"; neither of them have faced any real consequences, both still live in luxury and Polanski still has a career. Not sure where she's coming from with Weinstein, he's the exception to the general rule. Mel Gibson got nominated for a bleeping Oscar within six years of being recorded saying the N-word, saying if someone was raped it would be her fault, and having a DV charges brought against him. Women lose their careers for far less.
Another example: Woody Allen is still making movies. Then just look at everything happening on YouTube right now.

Reactions: 5

JK Rowling is doing a pretty good job of cancelling herself, I think.
Lots of people dont agree JKR is cancelling herself. A lot of women are glad shes speaking out for sex based rights, whilst women with internalised misogyny like JJ scream Terf at her and attempt to dismiss the concerns of female victims of Male violence.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I dislike her so much! I put myself in such a bad mood yesterday because I couldn't get off her twitter and insta. Yes I know it's not wise and she's probably loving that she gets to me so much. I just want her bs exposed, I want her to be publically humiliated, called out and the cancelled. She's a nasty piece of work and that's the nicest way I can put it.

You forget she also said prince Charles in that latest rant because he cheated. (so did Diana with married men) plus how do you compare cheating to pedophilia? And most importantly it's none of her bleeping business! A relationship is between 2. William and Harry are OK so why does is get her back up so much!

She's such a hypocritical rat and everything she says contradicts her previous points. She's hateful, mean spirited with no heart or soul.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just think she’s not as smart as she thinks she is, hence all the self-contradictions and word salad, plus she is actually desperate to be loved by the public, to have adoring fans, to be seen as a good person. I can understand that to an extent given how intense her mum seems (and the rumours of abuse - I don’t disbelieve her stories about her childhood).

It’s quite sad really. She’s pandering to certain beliefs to be seen as a beacon of good in Hollywood, but in doing so, she’s throwing herself and other women under the bus.

There is a way to be liberal and outspoken without contradicting yourself or getting too embroiled in internet drama - plenty of actors manage it. I suspect she’s too insecure and too desperate for the Twitter praise and Instagram likes to stop talking at the point where it turns from admirable to pathetic, and her job prospects probably plummet at that moment too. She gives way too much away.

I feel a bit sorry for her about all the bee stuff and various illnesses. I think she genuinely believes it.

Reactions: 9
She used to be such a laugh. And I bloody love the Good Place. Now she’s disappeared up her own arse

Reactions: 3
Lots of people dont agree JKR is cancelling herself. A lot of women are glad shes speaking out for sex based rights, whilst women with internalised misogyny like JJ scream Terf at her and attempt to dismiss the concerns of female victims of Male violence.
Well that's their prerogative - I don't agree, but it's completely beside the point: JKR has made her views extremely clear and public, so she doesn't need JJ's help to be 'cancelled' in the eyes of people who care about transgender human rights. Nothing JJ says or does could make me feel any sort of way about JKR that she's not already doing herself.

Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson have both expressed the same views in response to some of JKR's statements, and they have a far bigger audience and reach than JJ. There's just SO many reasons JJ is a head and this ain't it.

Reactions: 3
JJ thrives on being in opposition to something. It seems like she enjoys on the attention it brings.
Can anyone predict her next crusade?

(Also, if anyone hasn’t actually read Rowling’s essay, I would recommend it. It’s far more nuanced than the twitter world - JJ included - would have you believe.)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
JJ thrives on being in opposition to something. It seems like she enjoys on the attention it brings.
Can anyone predict her next crusade?

(Also, if anyone hasn’t actually read Rowling’s essay, I would recommend it. It’s far more nuanced than the twitter world - JJ included - would have you believe.)
Where is the essay?.

Reactions: 1
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Well that's their prerogative - I don't agree, but it's completely beside the point: JKR has made her views extremely clear and public, so she doesn't need JJ's help to be 'cancelled' in the eyes of people who care about transgender human rights. Nothing JJ says or does could make me feel any sort of way about JKR that she's not already doing herself.

Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson have both expressed the same views in response to some of JKR's statements, and they have a far bigger audience and reach than JJ. There's just SO many reasons JJ is a head and this ain't it.
I wish there was an eye roll reaction.

Waving your cock in women’s bathrooms is not a human right.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Daniel Radcliffe is a wimp whose statement was clearly written on his behalf (so genuine *eye roll*). Then Emma Watson and Rupert Grint piled in too - Emma Watson is another JJ who prides herself on her wokeness. On Grint, you have to wonder was it for fear of also being cancelled by an angry Twitter mob if he dudnt also issue a statement - or for fear of receiving death threats which is standard punishment now for any celebs that dont doggedly repeat that TWAW.

We will never know what the real views of the cast were because expressing anything other than "acceptance without exception" gets automatic cancellation and unlike JKR those 3 still need to work.

Anyway I suggest you read the essay.

Reactions: 23
The one who played Luna Lovegood got a massive backlash after saying that she didn’t personally agree with JKR but that she’s a good person and doesn’t deserve the backlash.

The one who played Draco Malfoy liked JKR’s tweets then chickened out and unliked.

Reactions: 12
just think she’s not as smart as she thinks she is, hence all the self-contradictions and word salad, plus she is actually desperate to be loved by the public, to have adoring fans, to be seen as a good person. I can understand that to an extent given how intense her mum seems (and the rumours of abuse - I don’t disbelieve her stories about her childhood).

It’s quite sad really. She’s pandering to certain beliefs to be seen as a beacon of good in Hollywood, but in doing so, she’s throwing herself and other women under the bus.
I think this is exactly right. Shes desperate for attention but cant get it from.acting/ modelling because shes just not good enough to compete in LA with a million other pretty 20/30 something actresses and she gets attention from spouting g whatever 'cause is trendy. Shes not saying anything groundbreaking when she calls out the Kardashians for being bad role models. Everyone in the world knows they are appalling.

Daniel Radcliffe is a wimp whose statement was clearly written on his behalf (so genuine *eye roll*). Then Emma Watson and Rupert Grint piled in too - Emma Watson is another JJ who prides herself on her wokeness. On Grint, you have to wonder was it for fear of also being cancelled by an angry Twitter mob if he dudnt also issue a statement - or for fear of receiving death threats which is standard punishment now for any celebs that dont doggedly repeat that TWAW.

We will never know what the real views of the cast were because expressing anything other than "acceptance without exception" gets automatic cancellation and unlike JKR those 3 still need to work.

Anyway I suggest you read the essay.
Yes this is the thing. They rely on their social media followers to get roles. They wont say what they think. It's easy to virtue signal on social media. Much more difficult to live in fear in a battered womens refuge or to survive domestic abuse. Or for that matter try and make your way in the acting world without parental money, influence and a posh private school education.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.