Jameela Jamil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How about this guys:- why don’t we invent an illness with a proper Latin sounding name.

We can make up a load of serious symptoms such as weight loss, mood changes and verbal diarrhoea and pretty much anything that mirrors cocaine use. Then we should mention it on twitter for a while and take bets on how long it takes a certain type of celebrity to start to raise awareness about this serious condition that they have now got. Bonus points if it’s not the ones we were expecting.

Then bam! We can point out it was an elaborate ruse and the winner collects the betting winnings. Come on everyone, we can make it the new celebrity Lupus (no offence to actual diagnosed sufferers).

Even though it’s bullying, so long as we describe ourselves as being people ”in progress” and that we are “working on ourselves” it’s then totally okay.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There was an interview with her in the Times a couple of weeks ago where she said she didn't go in the sea any more because she got knocked over by a dead seal when she was paddling on a beach - I reckon she just makes things up to see what she can get away with.
omg i feel so bad but I just laughed out loud at this. She cannot think we all believe this can she??? She’s either messing with everyone or she has some real issues!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She was deaf now??? I’m surprised she is well enough to speak to a journalist
How has the deafness only just been mentioned?!
It hasn’t, it was definitely mentioned before in this thread. (Please Note: not that I believe she was born deaf or defending her - just that she has mentioned it in interview before when attention seeking for the 49484829383 time).

The more of these stories I hear, the more I think there is actually something seriously wrong. The sheer volume of unfortunate events is ludicrous. I don't know how I feel about her, Lord knows she is frustrating but it is getting desperately sad now as well. I wonder how her partner feels about all of this, is she genuine with him or does he have to pretend to believe and sympathise with her.
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that she said if she is not physically near him, he’s unable to eat, or something like that. Very bizarre. If it was anyone else I’d dismiss it as idle or unbelievable gossip but with her.....

Does anyone follow the comedian Jayde Adams? She’s great, and she won’t have a bar of Jamil’s nonsense. JJ recently came out as queer and Jayde made the very valid point that it’s pretty crappy to co-opt the queer label while enjoying the benefits of a heteronormative relationship. Regardless of who JJ fancies she is in no way facing the judgement or discrimination of being “queer” in her current relationship and it’s wrong to someone put herself forward as a queer person.
And someone pointed out at the beginning of the thread not only is she co-opting, but she “came out” (forced to come out, according to her) after she received backlash of her hosting a show with a gay theme, so she explained her being queer was actually totally appropriate and made sense why she was picked as a host...except how would the people who picked her as a host known she was “queer” if she only came out after it was filmed?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
And someone pointed out at the beginning of the thread not only is she co-opting, but she “came out” (forced to come out, according to her) after she received backlash of her hosting a show with a gay theme, so she explained her being queer was actually totally appropriate and made sense why she was picked as a host...except how would the people who picked her as a host known she was “queer” if she only came out after it was filmed?
That's a good point actually. And I still think the language was so incredibly vague. Is she bisexual or did she once kiss a woman playing spin the bottle as a teenager?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Wow, this thread has said so many things I've been thinking for a while. The woke stuff is super annoying, but she's hardly the only one out there at the moment.

Sorry, I know this has been covered, but I just wanted to add my thing on the 'Cancer. Twice.' gubbins. I have had cervical cancer. I was super lucky and it was caught early and my treatment was surgical only. Firstly, though it left its emotional scars on me (being told you have cancer isn't restful), it did mean that there were no long term (visible) physical effects and recovery from the type of surgery I had was pretty swift. So, actually, it's not without the bounds of possibility that JJ could have had cervical cancer, very early stage, and been treated in a similar way. However, it was made abundantly clear to me throughout my treatment and follow ups that any recurrence would be treated very differently and much more aggressively. I'm nearly 10 years clear, but being retested at the moment (not right this second, that would be a weird time to write a long internet post), because my latest follow up has shown something a bit dodgy. It is not having cancer twice, and I wouldn't ever call it that, and I don't think anyone else in my situation would. If it is something, then it will likely be surgery, radio and poss chemo.

I simply don't believe JJ had a recurrence of cervical cancer within 3 years of the original diagnosis. Nor do I believe she would have kept quiet about the process as she doesn't seem able to keep quiet about anything else. I once had a boyfriend who told me he had had cancer, but there was never any evidence of this, or follow up hospital appointments and I subsequently discovered he had lied about it all, it was hugely devastating and I find people who lie about something like this pretty disturbing. I get the same feel from JJ, though I suspect previous posters are right and that she had pre-cancerous cells that may have required treatment, though that is absolutely not the same thing.

Sorry for length and seriousness. Thought actual experience of same type of cancer and its treatment might be useful.

Reactions: 21
That's a good point actually. And I still think the language was so incredibly vague. Is she bisexual or did she once kiss a woman playing spin the bottle as a teenager?
Exactly. Jayde Adams said something like “mate, we all licked a fanny in 2005. That doesn’t make you queer”. Made me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Exactly. Jayde Adams said something like “mate, we all licked a fanny in 2005. That doesn’t make you queer”. Made me laugh.
I've come across women like this in the past, who claim to be bisexual- and my gut feeling about them has always been right. Couple years down the line, when no one cares about her anymore, she'll start referring to herself as straight again. And that's fine. She doesn't need to jump on this bandwagon because there's a big movement in LGBT representation right now. We were doing fine without her.

Reactions: 1
There not enough eye rolls on Earth for this... yeah, I'm sure you had NO idea, oopsy daisy!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
There not enough eye rolls on Earth for this... yeah, I'm sure you had NO idea, oopsy daisy!

Cynical about this.

First of all, if anything it says ‘have’ or ‘love’ not ‘need’ and second of all the last words don’t even look like ‘to pee’

Reactions: 3
I can't even finish reading this!

View attachment 114521
Oh you should, it's a beauty:

"“On a more frivolous note, I’m really happy that handshaking is kind of cancelled for ever.” It has always appalled her, she says, and her explanation is something I have never considered before and will never be able to forget. “The fact you know that a hand has been on a dick at some point before touching your hand is deeply unsettling,” she says with a laugh, going on to describe it as “a sort of penile imprint upon your palm”. She has always succumbed to polite convention when someone puts their hand out. “Never again.”"

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

"“On a more frivolous note, I’m really happy that handshaking is kind of cancelled for ever.” It has always appalled her, she says, and her explanation is something I have never considered before and will never be able to forget. “The fact you know that a hand has been on a dick at some point before touching your hand is deeply unsettling,” she says with a laugh, going on to describe it as “a sort of penile imprint upon your palm”. She has always succumbed to polite convention when someone puts their hand out. “Never again.”"
That’s actually true! And with polite kissing, you know where many lips have likely been.

Reactions: 1

Strange thing for a “queer” representative of the LGBTQ community to say isn’t it - is she forgetting the women out there who have only ever been in lesbian relationships and therefore never touched a dick?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Strange thing for a “queer” representative of the LGBTQ community to say isn’t it - is she forgetting the women out there who have only ever been in lesbian relationships and therefore never touched a dick?
I found it more strange how oddly unfeminist it was. Is Jameela implying she only shakes hands with cis-gendered men? Does she not shake cis-women's hands?

Reactions: 6
I found it more strange how oddly unfeminist it was. Is Jameela implying she only shakes hands with cis-gendered men? Does she not shake cis-women's hands?
It’s stupid and attention seeking. heterosexual men have had a penis in their hand too - their own! (in fact, that’s what I assumed she was implying in that article). Has she never touched her boyfriends dick or any of her exes? Does she think people don’t wash their hands or clean themselves at all? It’s such a bizarre stance to take.

Reactions: 5
Just sound like her usual bollocks she spouts to sound ‘kookie’ and like she’s so much fun because she so hilarious and kerrrazy 🙄

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.