Jameela Jamil #3 Bees, cancer, saying I'm queer; all to enhance and extend my career

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay what's the deal with David Chappelle's? If he's transphobic what's the harm in protesting him or complaining a out the show? I don't get it....

He also pointed out that suddenly, straight, white, heterosexual males can put themselves right at the top of the oppression index and as a black person, who has never been able to ‘identify out of his oppression’ he sees a logical problem.

I don’t even think he’s that controversial.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It's spot on. Infuriating that people who've never even watched the show are spreading fake news that he's transphobic because they heard he is. I bet Jameela hasn't watched it either

@Justhereforthedrama he's not remotely controversial, but as I said we're living in an era where it's transphobic to say sex is real. All Jameela and those whiney complainers are doing is playing into exactly what he was talking about. Ridiculous people

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Because we're living in an era where it's transphobic to say that sex is real
Oh, so that's why they are protesting? He said in his comedy show sex is real? That's it?
The only reason I asked you was because you posted a video interviewing a guy protesting who clearly believed it was transphobic but never explained why he thought that!

Thing is, we can’t rid the world of anything that might be controversial. It’s healthy to have debate, as humans we will have different opinions and be offended at times.
I think Ricky Gervais hits the nail on the head with this kind of thing:
“I say you have to know what the target of the joke is, what the subject is. You can make jokes about race without being racist. You can make jokes about the sexes without being sexist.”

he also said something along the lines of ‘how arrogant are you to think you’re entitled to go through life without ever being offended, or anyone saying something to you that you don’t like?’

Think that captures it wellreally!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thing is, we can’t rid the world of anything that might be controversial. It’s healthy to have debate, as humans we will have different opinions and be offended at times.
I think Ricky Gervais hits the nail on the head with this kind of thing:
“I say you have to know what the target of the joke is, what the subject is. You can make jokes about race without being racist. You can make jokes about the sexes without being sexist.”

he also said something along the lines of ‘how arrogant are you to think you’re entitled to go through life without ever being offended, or anyone saying something to you that you don’t like?’

Think that captures it wellreally!
100%!! Ricky Gervais can be so spot on!

Reactions: 4
I'm amazed Jameela hasn't come out as non-binary with they/them pronouns. Surely she/they cannot consider herself a 'woman,' more a non binary pansexual born with a vagina and self identifying as an Angel?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Does anyone watch / has watched Motherland? Amanda! I knew she reminded me of someone! It’s a blonde Jameela, same mannerisms, same stuck up I-know-better-than-you attitude, same everything!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh, so that's why they are protesting? He said in his comedy show sex is real? That's it?
The only reason I asked you was because you posted a video interviewing a guy protesting who clearly believed it was transphobic but never explained why he thought that!
honestly if you want to understand the situation shy do you not just resd/see what he said? why wait to hear second hand accounts

• Heart
Reactions: 4
honestly if you want to understand the situation shy do you not just resd/see what he said? why wait to hear second hand accounts
Because this is a Jameela thread not a
David Chappelle's thread. I just feel if people post something random they should explain why they posted it and what their take is on it. It's just poor communication otherwise.

Reactions: 3
Because this is a Jameela thread not a
David Chappelle's thread. I just feel if people post something random they should explain why they posted it and what their take is on it. It's just poor communication otherwise.
Poor communication 🤣🤣 This is a gossip forum, love. Didn't know I was being assessed on my communication skills. It's perfectly clear what I meant: a poster brought up Jameela protesting against Netflix and Dave Chappelle. I posted a tweet I had come across of a Netflix employee to show the type of person Jameela was supporting. You're more than welcome to do your own research into why they were saying he is transphobic. Or better still, watch the show yourself

Maybe you had missed it but I said this in the same post that I posted the tweet:

"Also I watched the show in question and he didn't say anything terrible. He said everyone has come out of a woman and that's just a fact. He even spoke lovingly and at length about a transwoman comedian friend. But then again, we're in an era where it's a transphobic hate crime to use the word woman and to state that sex is real"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Poor communication 🤣🤣 This is a gossip forum, love. Didn't know I was being assessed on my communication skills. It's perfectly clear what I meant: a poster brought up Jameela protesting against Netflix and Dave Chappelle. I posted a tweet I had come across of a Netflix employee to show the type of person Jameela was supporting. You're more than welcome to do your own research into why they were saying he is transphobic. Or better still, watch the show yourself

Maybe you had missed it but I said this in the same post that I posted the tweet:

"Also I watched the show in question and he didn't say anything terrible. He said everyone has come out of a woman and that's just a fact. He even spoke lovingly and at length about a transwoman comedian friend. But then again, we're in an era where it's a transphobic hate crime to use the word woman and to state that sex is real"
I didn't see a tweet, I saw a video. There really isn't any need to get so aggresive.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It was a link to a tweet that had a video in it, see screenshot below. You spoke about my 'poor communication' when you didn't even bother to read or look at the post properly
Is there any chance you edited that after I had replied to it because honestly, all I saw was "this is the people Jameela stands with" and just a video.
I'm not trying to argue with you, just you posted at 8.36 and I replied really soon after at 8.40 so maybe you posted but then added context afterwards and I only saw the bare bones. I just want to be clear.
Screenshot_20211022-094106_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It's social contagion..they don't really know but have been brain washed. I think its because some of us (terfs I suppose) think a male rapist or pedalo with a willy and two balls should not suddenly declare he is a trans woman and be given access to women only spaces including prisons. Whereas the ones who call us transphobic do.

Reactions: 18
It's social contagion..they don't really know but have been brain washed. I think its because some of us (terfs I suppose) think a male rapist or pedalo with a willy and two balls should not suddenly declare he is a trans woman and be given access to women only spaces including prisons. Whereas the ones who call us transphobic do.
It sounds like that! He was saying he was here to support but never said why!! Was super weird! If you're going to protest atleast know why your doing it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Is there any chance you edited that after I had replied to it because honestly, all I saw was "this is the people Jameela stands with" and just a video.
I'm not trying to argue with you, just you posted at 8.36 and I replied really soon after at 8.40 so maybe you posted but then added context afterwards and I only saw the bare bones. I just want to be clear.
View attachment 822715
If I had edited after you replied there would be an automatic note at the bottom of my post saying "last edited at (time)". It is just a case of you seeing the video/ tweet and missing the text underneath. It happens but I wouldn't go around accusing people of poor communication on a gossip site.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.