Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShondyLife

Chatty Member
Hahha I have just done the same with my husband and he said “I don’t understand why you and your gossip friends are so surprised , he’s camper than a row of tents!”
'Gossip Friends' brilliant, my husband calls us the 'cackling witches' :)

• Haha
Reactions: 20

nrs264

VIP Member
The problem is when you use social media, and your life, as a business then yes your followers are owed something. Imagine a normal business shutting down for weeks on end, people would wonder why and then move on. You can't pick people up, use them, and put them down when you don't need them.

Its tricky as the 'im taking a break' is such a cliche and attention seeking PR move now. But she would be better to just post a general update saying due to personal circumstances she will be off line for a while, but she is fine and will be back when she can. Or something like that.

Lockdown has split up a lot of couples, it really emphasises issues that have probably always been there but you now can't escape or distract yourself from. I've seen severam couples split this last year who you'd be surprised at so its not an unrealistic situation here either.

• Heart

ShondyLife

Chatty Member
I have every sympathy for Matt and Jade for whatever trauma they are going through, it is something thats clearly troubling them both greatly.

However I can't help but think by ignoring peoples genuine concerns that they are coming off as a pair of twats, and its a bit embarrassing for those who have a vested interest in them, and whom help pay for their lifestyle.

Shocking people have contacted her personal work and totally unacceptable. Imagine the humiliation you’d have to go through explaining to your work and how unprofessional it would make you look.
Whatever it is, she’s now made it clear she’s alive etc.
Weird that whoever’s managing it is following people for her. Makes sense as to why she removed all her personal connections.

Milliemilmil

Chatty Member
What was he like? Was he nice like he comes across? Did people really call him choir boy?
no idea. I was in the year above, I purely just have memories of him standing on the field snogging his birds face off. I’d be surprised if she was anything above 4”5/4”6. He was bent in half so he could snog her.

• Haha
  • Sick

Lola123

VIP Member
Whoever wrote that has 0 followers and 0 posts 🤔
And the poster to her has cut off the bottom after the slip up from the other member

I can’t help think that new members are stirring the pot and then tattle will get dragged into this again but it’ll be semi true, I don’t think it’s fair to comment speculation on her posts, support yes, divorce comments no

They need to get a life

Personally I couldn't give a fuck if they have split up or not. It happens.

Where I do have concerns is what kind of effect it will be having on their 'mega fans', you know the ones thousands of miles away away that live for the social media posts of some random couple in the UK, sending them cards, presents etc and basically idolising them. Let's face it that kind of behaviour isn't something that you would associate with mental stability.

Youtubers are happy to string these folk along when it suits them but don't give them a second thought in reality. Jade and Matt invited these folks into their lives, the decent thing would have been to put a one liner up on Instagram about them needing to take a break.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
gentle reminder that nobody is being forced to read or contribute to this thread.
thanks all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ot55

VIP Member
In my opinion, a mental health break or a miscarriage would make sense for them taking time away. But once you start factoring in the other elements, it doesn’t add up.

Why would Jade follow a break up coach? Why would she unfollow matt’s family? Why would he later unfollow hers? Why was Jade’s statement only about her? Why didn’t Matt share Jade’s statement out of support, yet has remained active on LinkedIn?

It’s all just speculation, but if they were going through a hard time together, I thought they’d be more united.

I wonder if this will turn into one of those never ending tattle mysteries like what happened to Jim and Tanya’s dog Martha!

Munchie2014

Chatty Member
No ones contacted her work and her account is not being managed, it's all a pack of lies ! She just bloody loves the drama and attention.

• Heart

rosenylund28

Watching this thread has made me realize, Jade has sooooooo many adult followers, myself included. I am not even talking about adult in the sense of like fresh out the gate eighteen year olds. We are a bunch of excited about your brand of toilet paper being in stock adults. don’t know about you guys but I want the real her. It’s why she can’t think of content because she wants to keep this squeaky clean image. I would LOVE a grocery shopping haul that isn’t a piece of salmon, veg and a potato. No I mean a grown ass adult shopping haul. Show me what detergent you are using. I would LOVE for her to come on video and be like yknow what it’s my period and I can’t be assed. I look like a mess, my house is untidy and my animals are pissing me off. This is what you get. Give us your real life everyday problems. Just look at Zoella. IMO she lost her fan base because she never grew with them. And she is so on another level of unreliability but i digress. she tried to keep a squeaky clean image while her fans were growing and experience the real part of life that will never be squeaky clean. If you’re going to vlog buck the f up and vlog the real shit. A person who I believe is doing good in that aspect is Jessica Braun, she saw her views were going down because all she made was makeup content. So she changed her formula up and it’s working. Adults want adult life shit. I believe if the breakup is real she would do good to embrace that shit and give us the story within respect to Matt, of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Shi123

Watching their last vlog I thought they seemed their usual selves, laughing and taking the piss out each other a wee bit. Maybe I'm not as perceptive! I just can't imagine them having split up because that would surely be a more gradual thing for a long relationship like that to breakdown...

I really wish them both well. I think they're nice, genuine people and liked watching their content.

To be honest although they do vlog and have a big following, they don't do it daily and have always kept certain stuff to do with her health/their family/their jobs private so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't announce whatever they're going through (quite rightly). Yeah they have followers who've let them live the life they do with taking trips, working with brands etc. But they've not taken any patrion money from people or money from live streams etc. So I personally think they're entitled to the privacy.

They are entitled to their privacy. I don’t think they should come screaming yo ho this is what has happened. Of course I want to know due to being nosey. But they have multiple young girls frequently leaving them comments and messaging them that they’re worried- you chose to be an influencer, be a good influence and simply say look guys I see your messages and thank you, I’m taking time off and I’ll see you when I’m ready! It’s literally that simple.

• Heart

nrs264

VIP Member
I'm so sick of be kind and mental health being used for shitty behaviour by people. Everyone has their issues and problems, screaming mental health doesn't excuse the vast majority of people. Also, here's a shocker, maybe you are in the wrong and people are right to call you out. What about the impact their behavior is having on others.

• Heart

Kmpan

Not gonna lie, I'm really disappointed in Jade for just going radio silent. Even if there has been a split, a death or something else it wouldn't have taken 2 seconds to say thanks for all the concerns but I'll be gone for a bit etc. Surely if she didn't want to address it directly she could put out a statement via management then repost? 🤷‍♀️

PeppermintTea3

I can't imagine them breaking up, they seem so in love. Unless maybe Matt has come out as gay. I really don't want to offend anyone by this and of course I know that this theory would be based on stereotypes but I do get a vibe from him.

• Haha

ot55

VIP Member
Oohlalala has now limited who can view their profile 👀 really makes me think it’s someone who knows them and is worrying they’ve said too much rather than a troll. A troll would have more fun with this. Unless they’ve enjoyed dropping the bomb and then leaving 😂

• Wow

They need to get a life

Although it’s unacceptable that people are contacting her friends and family. She needs to understand she has this obsessive fan base full of childlike immature people who literally worship the ground she walks on. And just like children they needed to be reassured. I do believe she has a responsibility to her fan base to have responded or at least get her management to respond so much earlier. It’s her job and just like anyone with a job we can’t just up and walk out on radio silence. It’s part and parcel of being a grown up.
Her little minions needed this notice months ago.
As for contacting her work they probably contacted corner house London which is her social media management agency who also look after Sophie and Dave.
Imagine for a moment one of your close friends no longer replies to any of your emails, doesn't answer your phone calls, doesn't even answer the door to you. You would be worried about them. I know I would. Why wouldn't you contact others, such as family or work to see if they know anything, or that they're safe.

Unfortunately to many of these obsessive followers that latch on to influencers they see the influencer as their 'close friend' so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they have reached out to family/work. Jade might not be the brightest but she's not that stupid and will have known just that she had those obsessive types as fans.

Of course, that's all fine and well when you're milking them for swipe ups and gushing praise in comments but what kind of reaction did you really expect when you dropped them like a hot potato and then totally blanked them.

That's not how you treat your friends, even when they're not your friends.

• Heart