Jack Monroe on BBC Question Time Watchalong 1/6/23

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thoughts and prayers for the sixth form student spragging (don't blame him, tbh) about the vaping at college šŸ˜”
Quoting myself like a saddo, but on my bus to work there are MULTIPLE schoolkids vaping on the bus every day. The driver does NOWT
Eta I'm an old, old school cigarette smoker. I keep well away from people at my habit points(bus stops)

Reactions: 9
The reaction from the audience when she talked about her son having a vape in his blazer! That really didnā€™t go down well.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
So sheā€™s ratted her son out and claims she has emotional maturity. Riiiiight

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Is it sad that Iā€™m reliving it second time round and enjoying it more? The comments here are still āœŒšŸ»šŸ˜®šŸ¤£ Iā€™m less anxious this time though

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
watching on a 50" telly rather than an 8" kindle fire really shows up how much that jacket needs dry cleaning šŸ¤¢

and I just gasped out loud again as she threw her son under the bus. He's 13 ffs!

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Well, that was boring af and now i remember why I stopped watching it. Would she have been paid for that? Was it worth the new boots. I think she made a few glib, superficial statements that sounded quite good but were ultimately meaningless. Bit like herself.

Reactions: 11
I missed the bit where she talked about her son and vaping because my elderly dog started doing her weird limping thing and I had to administer pain relief.
Why did she think it was ok to say that though? True or not it's put her son in a difficult position ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. Silly cow. And I say that as a parent of a now 18 year old who did waaaaaaaaay worse than vaping šŸ˜³. But there are some things you don't just announce to make yourself look like the cool mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It was very uneventful. She had it easy! It was a small, calm audience. It never once got remotely heated.

Reactions: 12
SHE DIDN'T EVEN DO A POWER STANCE.

Sorry for the shouting. I'm just disappointed.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thanks so much to everyone who reported for duty. I couldn't watch cos I can't afford to replace my telly when I karate kick it but I get the jist. I'm sad for her son again. She spreads his business like jam.

Mad how a polite 'you did great, you must come back again' has turned into a hard invite to return. What a wally. Also I've decided Nimco's a frau. She heeded our warning and threw a sickie or something.

And she's talking in stolen memes again- that thing about if you see someone stealing baby formula no you didn't has been around since David Cameron times. The reason she didn't say it is cos she knew some of the audience wouldn't agree- a coward aswell as an unoriginal little beg.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18