Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not only is she saying how fab Mrs hinch is but she's posting affiliate links without ad then has the audacity to claim she's not making money out of it and just wanted to share. She's fame hungry and much of her backstory is invented to target a demographic and make out she's some kind of hero.

Screenshot_2020-01-01-10-51-30-087_com.twitter.android.jpg

IMG_20200101_105217.jpg

This is the link and you can see her affiliate tag in it. Lying cow

ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B07HGXSQM2&linkCode=as2&tag=mxjackmonroe-21&linkId=f7b4272909c875c60684a7534c31e392

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I follow out of interest, she's onto a good thing with the books but some of her tweets are intense! I think she enjoys the attention.

Reactions: 10
I follow out of interest, she's onto a good thing with the books but some of her tweets are intense! I think she enjoys the attention.
The cause is good, but I doubt her intentions. I think it's just something for her to latch onto to further herself. She makes most of her money from thousands for speaking or appearance fees. Lots of middle class people rave about her, but something is very off with her.

Why would she rave about how much Mrs hinch has changed her life? All that silly cleaner does is encourage people to use loads and loads of chemicals everyday.

Jack Monroe was double dipping on that tweet hoping to get noticed by headspace to do an Ad for them. All to further herself.

Lots say she's stolen the recipes in her books from blogs also.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
That affiliate link is so surprising, not that she’s done one necessarily but that it’s undeclared. I really rate her and her recipes, I’m quite disappointed.

Reactions: 7
That affiliate link is so surprising, not that she’s done one necessarily but that it’s undeclared. I really rate her and her recipes, I’m quite disappointed.
Once you look beyond the image she projects it's not that surprising she doesn't declare affiliate links and goes out of her way to mislead that she isn't getting paid for them.

She's breaking both Amazon's and UK rules.

If you rate the recipes, that's because she only stole the best ones from blogs.

Reactions: 14
Once you look beyond the image she projects it's not that surprising she doesn't declare affiliate links and goes out of her way to mislead that she isn't getting paid for them.

If you rate the recipes, that's because she only stole the best ones from blogs.
🤷‍♀️ I have no idea if she’s taken from other blogs. I know she often says she’s adapted X recipe from Nigella or Jamie Oliver or whoever. I do rate the recipes they were a huge help when I was in financial difficulty.

Reactions: 2
I think my patience wore out when she wrote in the Guardian about how amazing a sober life was, having given up booze for a whole week. Stopping problem drinking, clearly, is a great thing to do and I hope she's kept it up and her life has improved from it. But to become the face of sobriety after one week was too much for me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I’d call her out for the affiliate link but it’s New Years Day and I don’t have the time to deal with the self indulgent drama Jack would spew if I did.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
🤷‍♀️ I have no idea if she’s taken from other blogs. I know she often says she’s adapted X recipe from Nigella or Jamie Oliver or whoever. I do rate the recipes they were a huge help when I was in financial difficulty.
I don't doubt that, I just think she was better at marketing other peoples recipes and becoming famous through it. Lots of her kudos I believe is misplaced

Reactions: 5
I think my patience wore out when she wrote in the Guardian about how amazing a sober life was, having given up booze for a whole week. Stopping problem drinking, clearly, is a great thing to do and I hope she's kept it up and her life has improved from it. But to become the face of sobriety after one week was too much for me.
She just did another article in the Guardian. I think it’s been a year now. She has fallen off the wagon a few times though.

I’ve never understood how someone becomes eligible for affiliate links.

Reactions: 3
She just did another article in the Guardian. I think it’s been a year now. She has fallen off the wagon a few times though.

I’ve never understood how someone becomes eligible for affiliate links.
Anyone can use them, it’s not just for influencers you could use one when sending a dress you like to a friend or whatever.

Reactions: 4
I'm glad she's kept to it. It felt a poor choice for the Guardian to give her a large platform to declare her sobriety so early into it. Had she properly fallen off the wagon there would have been much more attention on her failure than if she'd quietly entered sober life.

Reactions: 6
I'm glad she's kept to it. It felt a poor choice for the Guardian to give her a large platform to declare her sobriety so early into it. Had she properly fallen off the wagon there would have been much more attention on her failure than if she'd quietly entered sober life.
On the whole, she has verbal and written diarrhoea. I’m surprised by some of the stuff she tweets. She must be exhausting to live with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I've always felt something was a bit off about her. She's always at the centre of some drama.
This thread will kick a drama off for her next on twitter, I'm sure!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She’s full of tit. There was a long thread in Mumsnet calling her out. I used to be in a makeup group on Facebook, she joined and had the middle class ladies fawning over her. I think everything she does is for attention. Has she decided to be a woman now. I thought she/they didn’t want to use gender specific pronouns?

Reactions: 22
Came across this thread - and am so glad! This woman gets right on my nerves - making out like she lived in the depths of poverty and it's all the Tories fault. I don't believe a word she says. She's happy to be raking it in now and I dare say she has PLENTY of good advice on how to minimise her tax bills ;) don't bite the hand that literally feeds you Jack!

I see she's become all 'Instagram friendly' looking now too.

Reactions: 13
Came across this thread - and am so glad! This woman gets right on my nerves - making out like she lived in the depths of poverty and it's all the Tories fault. I don't believe a word she says. She's happy to be raking it in now and I dare say she has PLENTY of good advice on how to minimise her tax bills ;) don't bite the hand that literally feeds you Jack!

I see she's become all 'Instagram friendly' looking now too.
She’s feminised herself now. It all seems to have happened since she quit drinking. Her wife to be is something at Channel 4. I didn’t understand that non gendered period. She changed her prefix to Mx. I remember when she moved in with Allegra McEveedy, one of the founders of Leon.

Reactions: 10
I've NEVER like her. I think she's just a massive attention seeker.

I'm Jack. Don't call me (birth name)
I'm a lesbian. No wait, I'm gender neutral. Call me Mx Monroe. No, changed my mind again. I'm a lesbian. Call me Ms.
I'm an alcoholic. I'm sober. I've fallen off the wagon again.
Etc etc etc

Now I understand falling off the wagon (have a relative who has been dry for 20+ years now, but admits that the temptation never leaves you) but I think she just loves a bit of drama. Any bit of drama.

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.