Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a massive dingdong with her on Twitter over the firefighters strike that took place years ago. Since then I've always watched from a distance and remain very suspicious of Jack.
Things for me just don't add up.
Jack wrote in great detail about the poverty her and her young son faced, due to the Tories, and it was real heartbreaking stuff. Yet, this week she wrote a big 'thank you' article to her son's father. I just can't buy into Jack.
And I find her very aggressive on Twitter.

Reactions: 29
Came across this thread - and am so glad! This woman gets right on my nerves - making out like she lived in the depths of poverty and it's all the Tories fault. I don't believe a word she says. She's happy to be raking it in now and I dare say she has PLENTY of good advice on how to minimise her tax bills ;) don't bite the hand that literally feeds you Jack!

I see she's become all 'Instagram friendly' looking now too.
She’s feminised herself now. It all seems to have happened since she quit drinking. Her wife to be is something at Channel 4. I didn’t understand that non gendered period. She changed her prefix to Mx. I remember when she moved in with Allegra McEveedy, one of the founders of Leon
I had a massive dingdong with her on Twitter over the firefighters strike that took place years ago. Since then I've always watched from a distance and remain very suspicious of Jack.
Jack wrote in great detail about the poverty her and her young son faced, due to the Tories, and it was real heartbreaking stuff. Yet, this week she wrote a big 'thank you' article to her son's father. I just can't buy into Jack.
Yes. This. And she has her parents too. Quite a lot of safety nets. She didn’t like it when people asked why she quit her job at the Fire Service.

Reactions: 17
However, she did take Katie Hopkins to court, sued the arse out of her and made her file bankruptcy. So maybe not all bad?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
However, she did take Katie Hopkins to court, sued the arse out of her and made her file bankruptcy. So maybe not all bad?
Yes, and I can’t remember why she sued her now. She’s now got a safety net in the form of her wife to be, who lives with her and who she calls Mrs. j. Her name is Louisa Compton and she is the,Commissioning Editor at Dispatches, previously worked at Victoria (Derbyshires) Live.

Reactions: 4
Yes, and I can’t remember why she sued her now. She’s now got a safety net in the form of her wife to be, who lives with her and who she calls Mrs. j. Her name is Louisa Compton and she is the,Commissioning Editor at Dispatches, previously worked at Victoria (Derbyshires) Live.
Wasn't Katie Hopkins libellous against Jack's dad?? I'm sure it was a twitter spat and KH said something along those lines.

Reactions: 1
Katie Hopkins tweeted that Jack approved of the defacing of a war memorial. Jack’s family have army ties so Jack was furious and took KH to court.

Reactions: 3
Somethings doesn’t add up about this woman. I’m sure she’ll relish in the attention and of having her own thread on here though 🤪

Reactions: 16
She’s clever. Someone left a one star review of her latest book on amazon. And it was reasonable - explained she’s enjoyed jack’s other books but not this one, and thoughtfully explained why. Jack goes sadfishing on twitter to complain about it. Cue a series of five star reviews appearing on amazon, all specifically having a dig at the one star review.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
She’s clever. Someone left a one star review of her latest book on amazon. And it was reasonable - explained she’s enjoyed jack’s other books but not this one, and thoughtfully explained why. Jack goes sadfishing on twitter to complain about it. Cue a series of five star reviews appearing on amazon, all specifically having a dig at the one star review.
Ugh sadfishing sucks.

Reactions: 10
She’s a massive cock. She reminds me of Cash Carraway. A lying attention seeker.

Don’t worry she’ll be here any minute 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I saw the headline of that article but could not be bothered to read it. I often wondered about her son’s father. Jack wrote in the last year or so how she suffers from various health problems Inc Arthritis. Perhaps she should apply for PIP, or perhaps she already has DLA. I also used to wonder why, if she was so impoverished, that she could afford to get the amount of tattoos she has.

Reactions: 16
I saw the headline of that article but could not be bothered to read it. I often wondered about her son’s father. Jack wrote in the last year or so how she suffers from various health problems Inc Arthritis. Perhaps she should apply for PIP, or perhaps she already has DLA. I also used to wonder why, if she was so impoverished, that she could afford to get the amount of tattoos she has.
Didn’t she get the tattoos before having her son and having to quit her job because there were only night shifts available at her old work? Pretty sure that’s what I read anyway.

Reactions: 8
There is something deeply unlikable about her/them/him (Whichever one is current). Very defensive. There was quite a big scandal with the Kickstarter book that people paid upfront for but took years to arrive. She made all sorts of excuses and lies about the delay. Lived in absolute squalor in her previous house (the kitchen was a complete fire hazard) but again was very defensive about it all.

Reactions: 14
Didn’t she get the tattoos before having her son and having to quit her job because there were only night shifts available at her old work? Pretty sure that’s what I read anyway.
Thing is I’m sure I read that her father held quite a high position in the local fire brigade where she worked. Surely, bearing that fact in mind, a compromise could have been reached re her working hours. Makes you wonder if there was more to it.

Reactions: 8
Is that for me? Lol
I’ve had my account and been active longer than this thread has been here 😂. It’s just one of those things that kind of annoys me seeing people comment that someone can’t be poor cos they have tattoos when the point of tattoos is that they last forever so someone could have got them before their circumstances change.

Thing is I’m sure I read that her father held quite a high position in the local fire brigade where she worked. Surely, bearing that fact in mind, a compromise could have been reached re her working hours. Makes you wonder if there was more to it.
Oh I didn’t know that 🤔 that is odd!

Reactions: 5
Her dads position wouldn’t have excused her from doing shift work. Flexible working In Emergency service roles Is dependant on the needs of the business so it’s likely they’d say no to her wishing to only work day shifts

Such a Tory opinion
i don’t need to ask anything else about you to already know you’re a Tory 😂. Imagine poor people having tattoos?? You need to go back to MUMSNET

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So arrogant promoting her vegan ISH book. Calling out Greg's and saying she invented vegan bakes. No Hun those recipes have been around for decades you weren't the first to put beans in puffed pasty!!

Shouldn't she put ad if she's constantly posting Amazon links to her own book that are affiliated?

Reactions: 12
Her dads position wouldn’t have excused her from doing shift work. Flexible working In Emergency service roles Is dependant on the needs of the business so it’s likely they’d say no to her wishing to only work day shifts

Such a Tory opinion

i don’t need to ask anything else about you to already know you’re a Tory 😂. Imagine poor people having tattoos?? You need to go back to MUMSNET
Can’t tell who you’re calling a Tory ??

I’m definitely not a Tory and my comment about her getting Tattoos before being in poverty was a defense of her because of a comment saying how did she have tattoos if she was poor. I don’t actually think poor people shouldn’t have tattoos either, but it winds me right up when people say that someone can’t have been poor because they have tattoos when it’s quite obvious that having the money one day doesn’t mean you won’t fall on hard times in the future. It’s as if people think you could sell your tattoos on eBay like a PlayStation or a designer bag!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.