Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has always been insufferable and a bleeping nasty petty piece of work. She made me feel sorry for David Cameron (whom I despise) when she had a pop at him about 'using' the memory of his son who passed from Celebral Palsy as 'rhetoric'.
You know because no child is worse off than her son.....

It lost her the Sainsburys contract she had. This is why brands stay away.
View attachment 99918
View attachment 99919
View attachment 99921View attachment 99922View attachment 99923View attachment 99924
I have to admit that I think if you are unable to feed yourself and your child and/or if you are attempting suicide then your child should be taken into care. Not to punish anyone but to ensure the wellbeing of the child and give the parent a chance to get treatment, rest and regroup. No child should have to live with someone who is attempting suicide. I did as a girl and it left scars for life.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Yes, this!

"I never really liked [ingredient] because of [childhood experience]. But then Mr/Mrs [name of blog] and I were walking around the farmer's market and decided to [verb]. With the addition of [umami] it made for a [nice dish] I am now utterly sold and even the [children's names] asked for more."

(no disrespect to the poster above btw, your insights were very interesting)
Yes to this ☝😂 I often leave blogs if the recipe is too far down. It's very sweet and I appreciate content but I'm also hangry and lazy 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have to admit that I think if you are unable to feed yourself and your child and/or if you are attempting suicide then your child should be taken into care. Not to punish anyone but to ensure the wellbeing of the child and give the parent a chance to get treatment, rest and regroup. No child should have to live with someone who is attempting suicide. I did as a girl and it left scars for life.
Not wanting to go to off topic and into such serious issues at that, but surely, ideally it should be on a case by case basis. The harm to the child caused by staying weighed against the harm inflicted by leaving. I am sorry to hear you went through something so awful, I can't imagine how hard that would be as a child, and to come to terms with as an adult.
But the other thing in this case is, it's Jack we are talking about. I would never usually say it about someone, but she is an exception. Are we even convinced she ever was suicidal - especially to the point of actually attempting it?

Reactions: 5
Not wanting to go to off topic and into such serious issues at that, but surely, ideally it should be on a case by case basis. The harm to the child caused by staying weighed against the harm inflicted by leaving. I am sorry to hear you went through something so awful, I can't imagine how hard that would be as a child, and to come to terms with as an adult.
But the other thing in this case is, it's Jack we are talking about. I would never usually say it about someone, but she is an exception. Are we even convinced she ever was suicidal - especially to the point of actually attempting it?
You know the more I read on here and get reminded of bits and pieces she's come out with in the past, coupled with her personality and how she conducts herself - I'm not so sure I'm convinced of anything she's ever said.

Reactions: 14
Oh my goodness, that is absolutely disgraceful! She should never be given work again after comments like that 😡
That really put me off Jack and I bought her first book. 🙈.In a later interview she claimed she wrote a letter of apology to Samantha Cameron. It was such a horrible thing to say to someone who has lost their child regardless of their political affiliation.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
She's currently live in bbc news talking about her offering cooking advice. As soon as she came on i turned over. Just from seeing a short bit of her talking live on telly its clear to see that she's not a natural and wouldn't do well with her own show.

Reactions: 7
This moron is being interviewed from home right now on BBC News. She’s saying we should all make soups, casseroles, curries at this time with tinned food and rice. 🥴🙄 So, basic advice that everyone knows then.

Jack comes across as totally uncharismatic, cringey, awkward and stiff on camera.

She’s now promoting her twitter and directing people to her Twitter profil where we can get more of her crappy tips (in between her begging for donations, (get a real job will ya?!!) and her shoutyness and her professional victim behaviour).

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
She's currently live in bbc news talking about her offering cooking advice. As soon as she came on i turned over.
Is she ever going to admit she's already profiteered massively from this? All the extra commissions, book sales, traffic to her website plus all the cold hard cash donations.

Not charging people doesn't mean someone is doing it for free 🤦‍♀️ most things are free to use online thesedays

1585225854424.png

Reactions: 14
This moron is being interviewed from home right now on BBC News. She’s saying we should all make soups, casseroles, curries at this time with tinned food and rice. 🥴🙄 So, basic advice that everyone knows then.

Jack comes across as totally uncharismatic, cringey, awkward and stiff on camera.

She’s now promoting her twitter and directing people to her Twitter profil where we can get more of her crappy tips (in between her begging for donations, (get a real job will ya?!!) and her shoutyness and her professional victim behaviour).
She's a dick for many reasons but its far easier to get fresh food in the shops than store cupboard foods - her advice is moot for many people who were able to buy tins, dried pasta, rice etc.

She's a dick for many reasons but its far easier to get fresh food in the shops than store cupboard foods - her advice is moot for many people who were able to buy tins, dried pasta, rice etc.
Exactly. The thing she apparently was having a go at Jamie for. Not everybody is going to have everything.

Reactions: 6
She might've written numerous books but in all honesty each book contains 2 decent-ish recipes and of those 2, neither will see any fucker asking for seconds because a) they aren't tasty b) are a bit tit. My kids still haven't forgiven me for the stewing steak and rolla cola recipe from the tin can cookbook which tasted like candied corned beef. I'd like to say it was student cooking but it's more like pissed-up student cooking, utterly bizarre and not very good and yet, she gets paid to do this.
Have also watched with interest how she's got allergies now of Inderterminable nature, which will make for a good book or two as she cuts out allergens and nightshades and all inflammatory ingredients as according to the internet.... coming to a charity shop near all of us soon. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Gotta ask what does she mean by 41/2 GCSEs, being Irish I don't know the UK system all too well.

Gotta ask what does she mean by 41/2 GCSEs, being Irish I don't know the UK system all too well.
You can do short course GCSES that are worth half a GCSE. Usually religious studies.
I have a half gcse in RE and one in Citizenship. But I don't even bother including them on my CV and such.
They are worth less than full GCSEs as when you apply to colleges or unis you have to declare they are shortcourse.

In general people sit between about 7 and 10 depending on the school etc. (Back then, I mean.) She’s being chippy. School of Hard Knocks, probably.

Reactions: 3
* Off topic but chef related.
Guys I'm gutted. The formerly lovely Rick Stein is refusing to pay his laid off workers. I am so surprised and disappointed in him.

• Angry
  • Wow
* Off topic but chef related.
Guys I'm gutted. The formerly lovely Rick Stein is refusing to pay his laid off workers. I am so surprised and disappointed in him.
unfortunately a lot of true colours coming out over the next weeks and months. JM should make a stink about this but as it doesn’t directly gain her sympathy or dollar I doubt she will.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.