Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just read the Marina O'Loughlin article (who I normally love). The worst case of virtue signalling I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
"I’ve never really understood why TV hasn’t made more of her" because Marina, she's bleeping dreadful in front of the screen (let's hope the media training she got others to pay for has worked).
And cooking tinned stewed beef for 12 HOURS? Must have had the texture of baby food.

Reactions: 14
Doesn’t exactly fit in her carefully curated image of benign poverty she been pegging to people.

Reactions: 4
I remember her going on about how happy she was to be moving there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
crappy bungalow” looks ok to me 🤷‍♀️
I like some of her recipes and have enjoyed and learned a few things from some of the old videos on YouTube , what I can't stand is the be kind narrative then encouraging a pile on to Mr Oliver and sympathy her way at the same time , in fact that's what im disappointed in the most the constant call for how hard done by she is in every aspect of her life. I suspect it can become quite addictive and the need for praise like a drug she can't go without

Reactions: 8
I like some of her recipes and have enjoyed and learned a few things from some of the old videos on YouTube , what I can't stand is the be kind narrative then encouraging a pile on to Mr Oliver and sympathy her way at the same time , in fact that's what im disappointed in the most the constant call for how hard done by she is in every aspect of her life. I suspect it can become quite addictive and the need for praise like a drug she can't go without
Her recent behaviour regarding Jamie O was definitely the final nail in the coffin for me. I like Jamie and his cooking, I appreciate that he's quite marmite and not everyone feels the same, but that's how she's got away with behaving like this isn't it? As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, she wouldn't have gone after someone more universally liked, like a Nigella.

She's behaved atrociously and spitefully and to now be hiding behind #bekind and painting herself as a victim again is despicable.

Reactions: 16
i just don't understand where her fans think her money is going if she can write so many books etc but have to beg for money on Twitter?!

Reactions: 10
Jack comes across as an ungrateful brat in that article. She’s in a nice home with a partner and a son and yet she’s so miserable. With everything going on at the moment she could have an ounce of gratitude.
She also talking of teaching herself to write like Nigella. There is only one Nigella....

Reactions: 12
Jack comes across as an ungrateful brat in that article. She’s in a nice home with a partner and a son and yet she’s so miserable. With everything going on at the moment she could have an ounce of gratitude.
She also talking of teaching herself to write like Nigella. There is only one Nigella....
😂😂 She'll never be anything like Nigella, as much as I'm disappointed in Nigella for backing Jack, I still like Nigella, she is charismatic, intelligent, full of personality, she has this ability to seduce the audience, all traits Jack will never have, you can't learn these things, you either have them or you don't and Jack definitely doesn't

Reactions: 9
Marina's posted some pics on Instagram. That's one hell of a long list of commissions in the background, yet Jack's still begging for money?

Reactions: 3
Marina's posted some pics on Instagram. That's one hell of a long list of commissions in the background, yet Jack's still begging for money?
So the 'crappy bungalow' has a long dining table that could seat 8+, framed artwork on the walls (and her partner's BAFTA), a beautiful leather armchair and good amounts of light and space 😏

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Wonder when we'll see one of those crying/ranting videos on Instagram a la SH?
And apparently we're all going to contact the BBC to try to get her sacked as soon as her new show starts, but *she has already warned the beeb* so there
Wonder when we'll see one of those crying/ranting videos on Instagram a la SH?
And apparently we're all going to contact the BBC to try to get her sacked as soon as her new show starts, but *she has already warned the beeb* so there! BBC must be wondering what they have got themselves into :)

She is referring to the nasty campaign as *one grumpy tweet* and has apparently written him a letter of apology.
He must have been delighted to receive it :)
Warning the beeb is actually quite an astute move - so any criticism at all she can say comes from here and therefore doesn't count. Sali Hughes does that too about any negativity.
People that complain about here always emphasise their security as they know people (quite rightly) would be horrified if it were true that deranged people from here are seeking their address. (As an aside it was SH who told another person on twitter whose husband wanted to know if she knew where we lived - 'Yes, literally all of them').

I actually hope Jack does a good job - in these horrible times if one person is helped that has got to be a good thing. Just a shame she didn't have the same attitude with Jamie's programme.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.