Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now here’s some great, simple, nourishing recipes for a lockdown. I like Anna Jones. In the article comments someone mentions her carrot dahl - can confirm its good.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/apr/03/anna-jones-simple-staple-recipes-for-lockdown
Now those sound like tatsy and interesting recipes unlike the shite that Jack comes up with, which let's face it aren't even recipes it's just bung a load of cans in a pan and heat, Ive not read any of her books or seen that many of her 'recipes' to be honest but the ones I have seen just sound vile 🤢

Reactions: 4
Now those sound like tatsy and interesting recipes unlike the shite that Jack comes up with, which let's face it aren't even recipes it's just bung a load of cans in a pan and heat, Ive not read any of her books or seen that many of her 'recipes' to be honest but the ones I have seen just sound vile 🤢
Exactly, those are well thought out not just random tins thrown together irrespective of whether or not they work. Rachel Roddy also had some good ones https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...pes-for-lockdown-certainty-in-uncertain-times

You'd think so, but perhaps she has a poor credit rating. Or doesn't want to take the commitment (financial or otherwise) of tying herself to Jack. It wasn't that long ago Jack was engaged to someone else, and she is famously very.... flighty. Can't say I would blame the current partner for being cautious.
Good point. Don't know much about the partner but who knows what she sees in Jack

Reactions: 2
Good point. Don't know much about the partner but who knows what she sees in Jack
I ddon't really know anything about her partner, but to deal with someone with Jack's personality type she either must be the same or the total opposite and oblivious to her lies and bullshit.. usually it is the latter

Reactions: 3
Just read the Rachel Roddy recipes and they look fantastic, and I have most of the ingredients without having to go to the shops. I'd watch a food programme she presented any time.
same! I do not know why she hasn't been offered one (or maybe she doesn't want one) but her writing style is great and her recipes are always good

Reactions: 3
From what I can gather, she was purchasing the testosterone privately whilst awaiting her first appointment. I don't know whether she attended her appointment, will have time to research tomorrow.
Yes, I’m pretty sure she was buying it off the internet. She couldn’t have been taking it for long, because the effects of T on a female are massive and pretty irreversible - the facial and body hair, the deep voice, the structure of the face... So Jack dodged a bullet there.

There’s an increasing movement of young women who went trans for a few years - including having double mastectomies - deeply regret it and are back to living as women/lesbians. Also, the surgery to create a “penis” is so mutilating (one arm has to be stripped of some muscle) very few opt for that. It’s a very medicalised path and I don’t think it’s the path of acceptance and happiness that many hope it is.

Personally I think it’s terrible that young women, usually lesbians, are allowed to make such massive decisions when, actually, they would be better off with therapy to accept themselves and embrace gender non-conformity.

I’ll probably get flamed for this, because for some, nothing less than full support of trans issues is allowed. But I would be heartbroken beyond measure if my tomboy daughter ever grew up to feel like not being feminine meant she wasn’t truly female.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
same! I do not know why she hasn't been offered one (or maybe she doesn't want one) but her writing style is great and her recipes are always good
I guess it helps if you're a raging lunatic, spend half your days throwing yourself a Twitter pity party, and unleashing your followers to spread your hate/sing your praises. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes, I’m pretty sure she was buying it off the internet. She couldn’t have been taking it for long, because the effects of T on a female are massive and pretty irreversible - the facial and body hair, the deep voice, the structure of the face... So Jack dodged a bullet there.

There’s an increasing movement of young women who went trans for a few years - including having double mastectomies - deeply regret it and are back to living as women/lesbians. Also, the surgery to create a “penis” is so mutilating (one arm has to be stripped of some muscle) very few opt for that. It’s a very medicalised path and I don’t think it’s the path of acceptance and happiness that many hope it is.

Personally I think it’s terrible that young women, usually lesbians, are allowed to make such massive decisions when, actually, they would be better off with therapy to accept themselves and embrace gender non-conformity.

I’ll probably get flamed for this, because for some, nothing less than full support of trans issues is allowed. But I would be heartbroken beyond measure if my tomboy daughter ever grew up to feel like not being feminine meant she wasn’t truly female.
This is a picture from when she was saying she was taking testosterone. You can also tell she is wearing a chest binder.
Screenshot_20200404-122908.jpg

This is from this year. Obviously was never taking much. Looks like a change of hair, some weightloss and a ditching of the binder.
Screenshot_20200404-123035.jpg

Reactions: 1
She's such a dick.

She managed to get her non Barclays bank card swallowed up in a Barclays ATM. Then she thinks as she's a Barclays customer she should be able to get it back right away. But it's against their internal policy as it's owned by another bank. Now goes on a rant. Talk about entitled.
Going on about she's got half an hour to pay someone delivering a skip and her ADHD means she's unable to keep more than one bank card in her wallet. Then saying she could confirm her identity by rolling up her sleeve and the bank clerk doing a google images search to see her tattoos. I'd think she's some troll trying to poke fun at millennials.
She makes my blood boil. Always looking for drama. Always looking out for her own interests. Ugh!

Dale Berning Sawa (who I know nothing about tbh) wrote an article for The Guardian on March 12th, which already seems an age ago, about store cupboard recipes. One of them was a flatbread pizza, which looked so easy and tempting. I haven't tried it yet but keep meaning to. Basically make a dough with flour, water and flavour (if you want eg poppy seeds, Nigella seeds), brown in a frying pan either side then put in oven with topping of choice for a few 10 minutes. I've never made pizza full stop so no idea how this varies.

Reactions: 6
Dale Berning Sawa (who I know nothing about tbh) wrote an article for The Guardian on March 12th, which already seems an age ago, about store cupboard recipes. One of them was a flatbread pizza, which looked so easy and tempting. I haven't tried it yet but keep meaning to. Basically make a dough with flour, water and flavour (if you want eg poppy seeds, Nigella seeds), brown in a frying pan either side then put in oven with topping of choice for a few 10 minutes. I've never made pizza full stop so no idea how this varies.
That sounds good, I quite often make pizza using a tortilla wrap or a pitta bread as the base on those days where I fancy pizza but can't afford take out and can't be bothered going to the shop to get one from the fridge section, I once used garlic naan bread and it was lush lol

Do the dough with half flour* and half Greek/natural yoghurt and a pinch of salt, and it’s even nicer.

*and a bit extra for rolling out.

Reactions: 5
bleeping hell at those print screens above, she‘a 100% here!

Also it’s a shame the tweet is missing, but is this her speaking about Jamie Oliver?!!!

4371D7E0-5BB3-49B1-BD41-D53BD0F7282C.png

bleeping hell at those print screens above, she‘a 100% here!

Also it’s a shame the tweet is missing, but is this her speaking about Jamie Oliver?!!!

View attachment 103938
Mm if that is about Jamie Oliver she is being very disingenuous. It wasn't one 'grumpy tweet' and she knew full well the result her multiple tweets and comments in the press would have. She encouraged and 'liked' negative comments about him.
She can't try to distance herself from the appalling backlash he got and blame it on others.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Doesn’t read here 😂
Of course she’s not going to name the forum. Because just learned from the likes of Sali Hughes, and every other influencer/celeb who’s got a thread here. She doesn’t want people coming here and finding out the truth about them. All the influencers who have cried on SM about ‘nasty’ Tattle have had more folk come here and had their eyes opened to the lies these people spout. It’s always backfired spectacularly, so better for Jack to keep it vague and keep deleting her past tweets so she can control the narrative. Good luck with that one. The truth will always out, especially when even she can’t keep up with her own falsehoods.

Reactions: 17
The co presenter is the Saturday Kitchen presenter, which I think is currently off air. He us a proper chef and I presume he’s under contract so they gave to find work for him.
So Saturday Kitchen is not if air! I watched it today. It was him and a woman chef keeping their distance. Plus some dudes wafted in by technology. One was wearing a suit and tie.

So Saturday Kitchen is not if air! I watched it today. It was him and a woman chef keeping their distance. Plus some dudes wafted in by technology. One was wearing a suit and tie.
Olly Smith and Tom Allen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It’s odd to me that she thinks people chatting about her on a forum that she definitely doesn’t read and doesn’t go looking for is acceptable, but sees no issue with launching a hate campaign against JO literally just because he’s a bigger name and she’s jealous. Her behaviour is so bizarre.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.