Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tin cans as napkin rings? FFS.
yes a linen napkin is a must with value spaghetti hoops and hoof sausages.

Surely the point of thermals is that they give you an extra layer? If she takes her top layer off when she gets home and 'scampers' about in just thermals then they're nothing more than pyjamas 🤷‍♀️ If she's doing that her cold, draughty bungalow can't actually be that cold? Or am I missing something??
when she uses the word scamper the bile rises in my throat.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Tin cans as napkin rings? FFS.
It's how the poor live darling, don't you know that? Personally I use toilet roll inners, and sometimes I even leave some toilet roll on so my guests can use that rather than the smart price kitchen roll I normally roll up and pop inside for them to use as a napkin

• Haha
Reactions: 66
If nothing else they would be really bloody sharp. Just fold them if you can’t afford silver or ivory or mahogany or whatever it is she ACTUALLY uses on that massive expensive table.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Four potatoes?

Why would anybody buy a bleeping Aubergine and four potatoes when you could buy a bag of spuds that would cover you for a fortnight for less? (Aubergine - 70p, four baking potatoes split up to imply they weren't - 50p, bag of spuds - 79p).
....Annunziata, is that you? 😄

(I'm so sorry dragon just any mention of potatoes has me thinking about the iconic jack essay and her anti rees-mogg era)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
If nothing else they would be really bloody sharp. Just fold them if you can’t afford silver or ivory or mahogany or whatever it is she ACTUALLY uses on that massive expensive table.
she is too good for toilet roll or kitchen roll like the rest of us plebs. probably makes her own out of vegetable scraps.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I am absolutely desperate for her napkins rings to be literal 'Cock Rings' from someone she's managed to piss right off and they snigger at the thought of her using them when she 'Hosts' those dinners where everyone is an Oxford Don and take the piss out of her accent.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I saw that beet wellington on facebook and didnt think it looked nice at all. I'm not a big fan of beetroot so don't cook with it much, but surely it would be quite wet? And it would no way work textually in my mind. Surely you'd want something like mushroom and chestnut.

ETA, I am also remembering she's made vats of that horrible looking salad pesto and we've not seen her use it at all. :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hold on HOLD ON

spaghetti hoops in a chicken casserole

IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY WHY WHY WHY

jack - don’t let any of his friends come for tea, please
This is the stuff that really bugs me with her - she buys the cheapest tit; when she would be far more use to people actually showing them how to cook. If she really wants pasta in a casserole (why?) breaking up spaghetti would be far better and cheaper. She could make bread instead of that cheap tit, and buy dried beans and make baked beans. Muesli bars would be pretty easy to do herself. She’s not teaching poor SB to eat well at all, she’s just fostering a love of absolute crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I saw that beet wellington on facebook and didnt think it looked nice at all. I'm not a big fan of beetroot so don't cook with it much, but surely it would be quite wet? And it would no way work textually in my mind. Surely you'd want something like mushroom and chestnut.

I was thinking that. I would much rather it was made of a nut roast/oats/veggies type filling. beetroot would be quite underwhelming after making all that effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I am absolutely desperate for her napkins rings to be literal 'Cock Rings' from someone she's managed to piss right off and they snigger at the thought of her using them when she 'Hosts' those dinners where everyone is an Oxford Don and take the piss out of her accent.
I think I've caught some of Jack's "weird little brain" but I started off imagining her as Eliza Doolittle during the being mocked by toffs as she "bleeping hosts" them debacle. This has now progressed to imagining her as Steptoe being all "'arold, feed the 'orse" as the Dons snigger and exchange glances.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
High ceilings in the crappy bungalow!
If I stood on my table I would have to be touching my toes (impossible with my back 😂) and my back would still be touching the ceiling.

No wonder the place takes so much heating with ceilings of that height. Everyone knows heat rises, and those ceilings must be over 9ft, 5ft 2 for her height plus 2ft 6 for the table height, plus the space above her head.......I know, I am getting over invested.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Dropping in ( I'M BUSY ).. her miraculous recovery from ailments that previously left her howling and clawing is astounding.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.