Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
Something I've noticed about Jack is her inability to recognise when she has done something wrong. We all make mistakes, all say inappropriate things, all misinterpret something. But Jack never acknowledges her mistakes.

I said a well used phrase in front of my teenage godson, who is black, and he told me he found it offensive. I had no idea of it's origins, but as soon as he told me about were it came from I was mortified. I apologised and have never, or will ever, use that phrase again.

That lady on Twitter that implied she was offended by Jack's "whiter than mayonnaise" comment should have made her cringe with shame. She should have said "sorry, I never realised that I had caused offence, I will be more careful with my language in future." But she didn't even acknowledge that the person was offended. She was definitely in the wrong, but somehow is so confident in her always being right, that it didn't even register.

We all make mistakes, it is what makes us human. What makes us better people is when we see and admit those mistakes and recognise where we can do better. She is so convinced she is infallible, I am hopeful that one day she will trip herself up so badly there will be no coming back from it.

We live in hope.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Mustard

VIP Member
I’m a huge GC fan. Anyone with his word count, ability to haul in print subscribers will likely cross lines. He’s expected to be provocative. I hired Rayner to do a corporate gig and it was a huge mistake. He’s awful.
Giles, what are you doing here?

• Haha
  • Wow

colouredlines

VIP Member
I wanted to share a great old Monroe moment that I don't think we've seen before:

20201027_195243.jpg

Imagine posting a photo EXPLICITLY of your nails, and NOT CLEANING THEM 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Haha

MancBee

VIP Member
View attachment 290841
Ivan Cameron.

Ivan Cameron.
the original tweet stated she was insulted by Jack's "white as mayonnaise" quote. She ignored that and didn't apologise either. She is just so insensitive and downright rude to a POC that was insulted by her comments. Where's the apology Jack?
I've looked but can't see it anywhere. She is digging herself a big, big hole with that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I don‘t think I can take being told to fuck off any more, guys 😭😭😭😭😭 Going to go and howl at the moon and then eat a lot of anchoïade.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

colouredlines

VIP Member
20201028_105429.jpg

These people are fucking insane.

In 2003, I went to a Singalong Sound of Music event for a friend's birthday (we were not the coolest teens around). A lot of people dressed up, a few in Nazi outfits. But it was 2003! Times have changed FFS.

I hate these online witch hunts that have suddenly become a normal part of our culture. You know, I Iive in a country where real live actual Nazis regularly have protests doing fascist salutes, burning effigies of democratically elected politicians, and waving flags which the news coyly describes as "preconstitutional" (IT HAS A FUCKING GREAT BLACK FASCIST EAGLE ON IT). Friends of mine have been verbally abused, and in some cases threatened, for speaking their own language in public. Jack Monroe and her ludicrous followers need to get off Twitter and into the real world.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
I see she's posted the cannellini beurre blanc again. Full disclosure: before discovering Tattle, I actually made it once.

Spoiler: it was shite.

Back to grunking I go!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
Is she pregnant? I don't think I'm strong enough to cope with a Jack pregnancy.
Again, in my capacity as the 21st most mediocre lesbian in Munster and being of what was once called a 'Butch' persuasion,
Louisa is NOT butch enough to get her pregnant.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70

MancBee

VIP Member
FGS she's such an idiot. Why would they be in the skip. (also what does her height have to do with it, in the first tweet?)

View attachment 291052
She says SSRIs like as if they are a rarely used medication, something very special only given out in "severe" medical cases. I take an SSRI, it doesn't make me special, it just means I need medication to help me cope. I'm sure many of you lovely Fraus do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

colouredlines

VIP Member
God, this pill drama has made for the dullest Monroe afternoon since the riveting sandwich shape debate. Easy to lose stuff in her shitty bungalow cavernous mansion, innit.

Jack has done NO work today. Reminder:

* water still missing from the tomato soup recipe that almost killed our MancBee
* no anchoïade recipe
* none of the hundreds of other recently promised recipes
* Grifty Shades of Beige website still under construction
* no pistachio milk
* no 15£ lunch plan
* no sexy sideboard announcement
* NO VEGAN CRACKLING

Stop playing in skips and get to work, you lazy twat!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69