Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
in my city (as i'm sure in many others) local small businesses like restaurants and cafes have been bending over backwards to help and are offering free meals for kids all next week, i know this because local food influencers are sharing the posts. Given that Jack's entire career has been built off of 'helping' the poorest in society cook then you can only assume that a lot of her followers are people that might also be struggling to feed their kids over half term, so why the FUCK has she not shared even a single post to show where those people can get help locally? (i know the answer - to share that information would be to divert attention and credit away from St Jack of Rinsed Beans)

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Scarletfever

VIP Member
I also went back to check what Jack’s contribution was to the 2014 Food Poverty Report. It appears she gave oral evidence to the Committee (written evidence would have been too much effort, knowing Jack). Close to 300 companies, organisations, charities and individuals gave evidence - whether by written papers or meetings -and the acknowledgments in the final report stretch to over 10 pages. So I think that puts her “contribution” into context, although I expect she would like her followers to think she actually sat in the Committee and gave them all their ideas.
Nice one.

Had a quick search for JM's searing insights (all two of them) in case anyone wants to read them:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Someone who seems to be a Jackolyte has posted a great twitter thread on poverty, cheap recipes, etc. They have tagged JM in one of the tweets as an expert on cheap recipes, but I believe they are unintentionally really damning of her output. Unfortunately as this person is a Jackolyte I doubt they'll join the dots, but it's a start.

IMG_20201026_005859.png
IMG_20201026_005843.png
IMG_20201026_005821.png

• Heart
  • Wow

Flivver

VIP Member
I’ve just been reading MR’s Twitter feed. He’s been trying to give individual mentions to the local initiatives to help feed children in half term to acknowledge their contributions. He’s mobilised people to bloody well DO SOMETHING rather than witter about it.

He’s used his platform to make a difference. Imagine how proud his mum must be.

• Heart

Traazers

VIP Member
I’m on an intense grunkaincy as always. My (sort of) boyfriend has covid so I’m self isolating (although bizarrely I’m totally fine 📐 - can’t find the red triangle) and out of boredom I’m flicking through THAT MAN’s 5 ingredients book. No wonder jack hates him, he is bloody good. And no wet ham, dinosaur legs or bollock sausages in sight (see attached)

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Bugger13

VIP Member
Heartening to see a small number of people waking up. I sometimes think this cabal is the only place common sense prevails-it’s mind blowing over on twitter to see so many gullible people falling for her victim/brat act.
ETA sorry, seen these have been posted!.

Attachments

• Heart
I thought well it’s nice for her to recognise him. Looking at the replies though, it’s just another chance to insert herself isn’t it? Surely if she’s working with him, she can tell him herself in person rather than tweet, no?
Eta and the thankyou thankyou is just 🤬
I honestly think these people must just be really lonely & desperate for a reply off a blue ticker? No sane objective person could put JM’s for profit contributions on a level with MR? Even if you take away the huge different in actionable output, MR putting himself out there as a black man in this country opens himself up to SO much abuse and vitriol, there’s been a report on racist abuse towards black footballers and he’s both a black footballer & a black activist, so two fold potential for hate? Also looking at examples of black athlete activism in the US, he’s potentially risking sponsorships or signings to do what is right. It is by no means comparable to a woman who just wants to flog books and get her name about.

Jack wc darling and ultimate Pov queen spends more time in & talking about members only clubs than a genuinely minted fella?! Make it make sense

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Um, she literally said earlier this week that she wouldn't be documenting the 20£ shop anymore because throwing her food on the floor to photograph it was taking time away from her job(?).

This was before Auschwitz, before Dib Dabs, and long, long before she bothered paying attention to Marcus Rashford.

Also, lying about filters is

a) dangerous (luckily I doubt she has many adolescent followers, but can also cause issues for adults)
b) bullshit. Jack, you literally have a horizontal line of pixels going across one eye. In the Dib Dab shot you blended yourself into the curtains.

20201025_065357.jpg

That is not even remotely her chin. You can also see how the crease on the side of her cheek has been hugely distorted by her trying to create more dramatic cheekbones - hence my saying earlier that it looks like a second nose.

• Heart
  • Wow

Fitnessqueen

VIP Member
On a frantic Incygrunka and putting off housework but I’m fairly sure a Frau predicted a mysterious injury preventing the £20 shop today?

• Haha

Blurp

VIP Member
Re tipjars: I know a few bloggers who have a 'buy me a coffee' button on their website but they are crochet or knitting bloggers who provide free patterns on a small scale, so it really is repaying them for their work - which is always more in depth than that of Jack Shit, with step by step photos etc.

• Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
People watch Nigella for the escapism aspect though, surely? Whilst she has gone through some awful things in her life, she never pretends to be anything other than very posh and quite fancy. And that's part of her appeal. I'm sure in a cook off, 'Mom' would win anyway, because she has years of real experience cooking with a wide variety of ingredients, not just blending everything to slop.
Most people couldn't give a shit where someone is from, they respond well to genuineness and Nigella seems like a nice enough woman. If she suddenly started dropping her aitches and talking about being too poor to afford Supernoodles, everyone would think she was a dick. If Jack had simply published her books and been open about having a rocky period but now being better off, I doubt she'd even have a thread here. It's the lying that gets us fizzing, hooting and clawing the floors of our shitty bungalows.

• Heart

MrsOgre

VIP Member
Early thread title suggestion from my last post...
Jack did someone steal your work?

• Haha
  • Heart